Eva Action Figures (including Rebuild) [1]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
SpearofLonginus
Lilith

Postby SpearofLonginus » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:07 pm

That Unit 00 is pretty sweet. Too bad I don't have the money. :p

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:19 pm

View Original PostSpearofLonginus wrote:That Unit 00 is pretty sweet. Too bad I don't have the money. :p

You are (not) Alone
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

visionfactory
Lilith

Postby visionfactory » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:28 pm

Can somebody tell me why is one Eva bigger? Is the bigger one a newer model or something?
Last edited by visionfactory on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:22 pm

The one on the left is a Robot Damashii unit 00 and the one on the right is the Revoltech unit 00.Two different toy companies.Both exclusive.Well until the revo eva box set comes next month,i'm pretty sure the single boxed exclusive 00 and 03 prices will drop.
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Shinies » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:25 pm

*With voice from hostess*:

To your left you can appreciate Unit 00 from the line Robot Spirits, usually called Robot Damashii from Bandai, it's a subline focused on mecha and possess a great deal of articulation and poseability; the paint apps are quite good. The designs reseambles more closely the design from the movies and overall it's an awesome figure made for play.

To your right you have Unit 00 from the Revoltech line, which is a line from Kaiyodo. This line gets it's namesake from the special articulation called revolver joint which allows figures to have various dynamic poses. This line also has reputation for their stylized sculpts from Yamaguchi, which together with the revol joints allows the figures to have some of the most dynamic poses of the market. Paint apps are also a point for this line, though in some models with time the paint can deteriorate.

Sooo nope, they are the same model from different companies.

visionfactory
Lilith

Postby visionfactory » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:09 pm

Thank you so much! :clap:

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:34 pm

You guys are lucky, some of us are too poor to afford pretty shiny things like EVA figures and such. :dejected:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Shinies » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:20 pm

Well, in the realm of luxuries, some of this are quite "cheap", sort to speak.

Aside from the hair splitting-rage inducing exclusives most of these are between 20 to 40 bucks not including shipping. And in the case of revoltechs most of them are available outside Japan, so some times they stay at that price range. Problem would be with the Bandai line, so far though it has proved to be popular in Japan it is not as popular or known outside.

Though it is gaining adepts and even exclusives like the night combat 01 appear at local events, like the San Diego Con where it was available at small numbers.

So if you reaaaaally want it you could get one for Christmas, just the model you want the most.

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:41 pm

Well i'm actually pretty poor too, only reason I was able to spring for RD 00 and 03 was cause there hasnt really been anything new being released during the summer, like revo evas which i'll admit I wouldve held off on the RDs for a revo mark 06 or any other new revo eva.So I was lucky the preorders for the RD exclusive came at a time no new revo evas were released.I have a feelin at the rate RDs are release'n,their 3.0 evas will release at the same time the revos do(They'll of finally caught up with revoltech eva wise) at that time i'll prob have to make a decision on which line to continue collecting.I wont be able to afford duel-wielding RDs and revos. ><

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:58 pm

Welll, I lost my job when I moved from my old house...
So I'm hoping for 3.0 and 4.0 (and every consequent Revoltech) to be released at least 'till summer 2011 [YES, I can wait that long]...
Otherwise I won't be able to afford it...
And no one would hire a student with less than 6 free hours a day to spend in work... And anyay, who would hire anyone for less than 6 hours?
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:04 pm

Well i suddenly caved in to buying the Robot Damashi Eva 00 exclusive. I do need those three evas to complete the great Robot Damashi EVA TRIO. LOL. But honestly my wallet is hurting. After this im going to forget about figure collecting for about half a year. That means for me i'll definitely have to skip the damn Unit 03 Robot Damashi. A shame I already have the Revoltech version. Looks like that will have to do for now. LOL.

Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Shinies » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:17 pm

Ohhh you know you want Bardi, you want it bad. Tell to yourself that it will be the last one for figure collecting, that way it won't hurt that much.

If 00 was any indication you might want to buy 03 too late and you will have to pay more for it that what you should.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:18 am

View Original PostShinies wrote:Ohhh you know you want Bardi, you want it bad. Tell to yourself that it will be the last one for figure collecting, that way it won't hurt that much.

If 00 was any indication you might want to buy 03 too late and you will have to pay more for it that what you should.

Oh.....god damn! Stop tempting me already! STOP IT! :argh:

Its hard enough as it is to look at it and walk away..... However, i still think that this one would have to have more than the "red arm" accessories to convince me to buy it. Man why....couldnt Revoltech have included a blue transparent entry plug to simulate the infected Bardiel? Why? Oh why!!!???

But seriously i really can't envision myself plopping down another $80 on Eva 03 right now..... I want to save up for other things and my display shelf is rapidly running out of room as it is..... God damn....so tempting though........ :drool:

Lonecow12
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Lonecow12 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:36 pm

You guys see the newest on the Rei figma:

Finally a Rei with more than one face.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:50 pm

^That looks really nice.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

visionfactory
Lilith

Postby visionfactory » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:06 pm

I'm hating Revoltech right now!! :fistshake:

With my Eva 02 the beast; the holes aren't big enough so the AT field stuck inside the mouth of the Eva!!

The good thing is that I managed with a needle to take the AT field part out of mouth (but it was really difficult to do!!!) and the figure itself it's okay but I can't put the AT field in his mouth again...

:tantrum:

Has anybody else experienced problems with Revoltech Evas?

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:48 pm

The biggest problems I had with revo evas were the swivel joint(for all revo evas) for the upper thigh/hip would be stuck together just outta the box.Though they would become unstuck after some very high stressful tweeking it still sucked,sometimes the stick together still if holding the same pose for a long time.The second and the one I hate the most is the hand pegs(2.0 evas) and the hole you stick them in get loose and I have to keep adding super glue to the pegs to bulk them up.

I'm digging the Seat of the Soul the more and more I see it!

Lonecow12
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Lonecow12 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm

I'd like to make some kind of display that has the Evas (Revo or Damashii) posed on a bottom plane, and then has the figma girls in their respective units up top as to how they look while inside the Eva.

I'm going to need a lot of di:stages I think.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:57 pm

Rei is drool worthy :love: :drool:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:09 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Oh.....god damn! Stop tempting me already! STOP IT! :argh:
God damn....so tempting though........ :drool:

You want Eva... You need Eva... Your life is meaningless without Eva...
I think y'all need some self-control... It's not just "Evangelion thing=buy it!"...
I mean, do you know how long I've been wanting to buy the Glow in the Dark or Yamashita color version of Eva 01?
I'm happy knowing that I bypassed consumism (and the feeding of the cash cow) with some papercrafting, model kit paint and nail polish...

@ElectricSachiel: The Eva 03 Damashii transparent Entry Plug is right?
I mean, was the angel actually transparent? I don't remember... I just painted the Entry Plug of my Eva 03 blue...

@visionfactory: OMG! that's awful!

@shaneva002: My Eva 04 (Tv version) actually stuck in the hip/tight... The twisting ended up in dismembering... The thingy that serves as the axis of the leg broke... He needed surgery (my tools were a drill, glue and chopsticks)...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”