Eva Action Figures (including Rebuild) [1]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:43 pm

For those asking for it, Robot Damashi came up with a Unit-02 in Beast mode

[url]http://tamashii.jp/item/item.php?eid=01370&pref=500[/url]

It`s a pretty small badly compressed picture, and i can see people dismissing it as just a copy of revoltech, but i can see the feet are more acurate as are the legs muscles, it has a bigger venom like tongue, and i can`t be sure,but it seems the teeth are individually modeled.

Site trasnlation says it will include a building armament (more like armory), maybe for unit one ? And a replacing wrist weapon, have no clue what it really meant.

Edit, really cool shots dedguy.
ANATA BAKA !?

dedguy
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby dedguy » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:13 pm

Thanks! I have some better pics of the Robot Damashii Beast. I'm liking it better than the Revoltech although even these pics the poses suck. It looks slightly more on model than the Revoltech but the model changes so much in that scene it's really hard for a 3d figure to capture that.

evaunit13
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby evaunit13 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:31 am

great shots dedguy. the damashiis look so nice, but for the price it's hard for me to justify for a small figure. also, do you have a problem with your movie realization eva heads beng ridiculously hard to exchange? the ball joint on my regular head snapped clean off the second day i had it. if it weren't fixable and if i hadn't found it for $10, i would've been pissed considering the original price it was going for.
i want rebuild

dedguy
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby dedguy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:42 am

Nope, although mine does have crazy loose joints. I temporarily fixed it by coating most of the joints in fabric glue (which is kinda like super-rubber cement).

The Damashii's are slightly larger than the Revoltechs and about the same price. I paid $38 for my Damashii and $36 for the Revoltech.

evaunit13
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby evaunit13 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:58 am

the waist joint on mine was ridiculously floppy and still flops even though i've coated the ball with super glue. does the sculpting on yours leave something to be desired? mine is crooked, asymmetrical, and all those adjectives, leaving me to question bandai's quality control on this figure. i'm sure it's not a ko, but it's still a little distracting.

i've never been a huge fan of revoltechs. i had the original 01 and the plastic felt weird to my hands. the damashiis look leaps better than the revoltechs in terms of sculpt imo, and i prefer the dull matte plastic to the glossy rubbery feel of the revoltechs, but for figures that are around the size of my hand, i think almost $40 is too much.
i want rebuild

dedguy
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby dedguy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:01 am

Well with mass-market 4" kids toys in the US being $8 now, $40 for a 7" Japanese import ain't that crazy. Especially with Mattel charging $20 for those 8" He-Man figures. I'm a 1/6 scale collector though so I'm used to paying $100-180 for a single figure.

... and yes, I'd say the Damashii are way way better. Much better articulation, cleaner paint, and much sharper details in the sculpt.

evaunit13
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby evaunit13 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:09 am

i'm used to transformers. when a ~10" leader figure that has much more features and detailing than a ~7" eva that has a relatively simple design is only a few bucks more, it makes the evas look overpriced. the damashii's have the best articulation than most figures i know of, but transformers just seem like a much better deal.
i want rebuild

dedguy
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby dedguy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:48 am

Well it depends on how you look at it. Part of what your paying for is the Japanese economy. For example 20th Anniversary Prime was about $50 where as the Japanese Masterpiece Convoy which is essentially the same figure was over $100. Another aspect is just smaller production numbers. Nothing will ever be as cheap as US mass market toys. They make tons of them and sell tons of them so they can really drive down prices.

I get where you're coming from though but for me personally they don't feel overpriced. Also while the Damashi may look simple there's a lot of complexity in getting a super thin design like that to be relatively strong, and very very poseable. They also come with a fair number of accessories. A bunch of weapons, extra hands, head, an AT field. I may have mentioned already, but it's the most poseable figure I have encountered which includes 1/6 scale bodies. Very very few things on the market can the Spider-Man crouch I posted on the previous page. In fact I have not come across any that can do it and not look awkward.

It also just comes down to what's out there. For this scale, there's not really anything cheaper for Evangelion figures. You basically can choose between the Bandai Damashii and SPEC/SOC lines and the Revoltech.

Sorry if I've gone on a bit. Interesting discussion.

dedguy
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby dedguy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:31 pm

Got my mini Revoltech 01 today. Very cool little figure. More different than the full size 01 than expected. Slightly better range of movement in the hips and I like how the shoulder fins attach better. I also dig little stuff so I actually prefer it to the full size Revoltechs and at only $6 even without all the accessories it's a pretty good deal. Ends up being about the same price or cheaper than a Star Wars figure depending on where you get either.

macrochaos
Lilith

Postby macrochaos » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:14 pm

I've got a few complaints about the RD
Waist should be thicker, considering that the eva grew some skin over them(waist plates).
Pelvic plate shloud be partially under the skin
Hip joints too close to each other
Wrong shape for the back of the head
but the chest, neck, feet and back are better than its Revo counter part

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

ZA BONER

Postby Killer Bee » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:33 pm

Anyone notice how the Damashii's codpiece is a little more... erect?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:36 pm

Mmmm... Nope... An anorexic version of the Revoltech one... Except for the arms, those look like Chris Redfield's in RE5...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

macrochaos
Lilith

Postby macrochaos » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:41 pm

^
I just realized that the arms are too bulky

I think this looks more like an oldschool Eva than the beast

dedguy
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby dedguy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:42 pm

I also miss the sort of, for lack of a better way of describing it, sort of vaginal slits in the shoulders that the limiters come out of. There's a hint of it there in paint but it would be nice to see it in the sculpt. That said I don't see Bandai changing it. The arms are pretty similar to how they look towards the end of the fight when she's chomping through the AT field. The model changes a lot during that fight. The only thing I'd say is totally wrong on the Damashii is the torso which should be much more uniform in width and as has been mentioned a lot thicker.

I took an updated group shot of my 01's with the added re-found old Revoltech's and the mini I just got today.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Lol ded, i cant believe you bought that fluoro version.....are you gonna get the clean (transparent) RD eva 01 too ?
ANATA BAKA !?

dedguy
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby dedguy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:13 pm

You mean the glow in the dark guy there in the back? Not planning on getting the transparent "night attack" RD 01. The only other RD 01 I'd be interested in would be the Awakened version if they make one.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:23 pm

Yup, about the clean on i'm just asking since you said you get all eva 01 versions. it's cos i never undestood the Japanese complexion to have a more expensive clear version of a model....

i'm hoping for a eva-03, and the attack buildings, i really want a battery wall,and 2nd battalian (the machine guns towers). If they dont realease one i'l make my own.
ANATA BAKA !?

dedguy
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby dedguy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:28 pm

I'm about getting different versions of 01 but really only the normal purple ones. The gid Eva is stretching it a bit but I dig me some gid stuff. Never been a fan of the "candy" versions even back in the old Kaiyodo figures day.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Eva 04 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:56 pm

That green figure you own ded,stands out. Like a lot. Why would you get it?

dedguy
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby dedguy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:11 pm

It's not green, it's glow in the dark. It actually looks white normally. I just combined two exposures. One normally lit and one totally black with the GiD figure actually glowing and then masked out the GiD figure. I got it year ago when it first came out. Like I said, I like GiD figures.

Here it is by itself, no photoshop, just it glowing in the dark.

Oh and the Movie Realization Eva just shelf dove and broke her foot in the process. I think I'll be using the stand included after I fix the foot. A combination of a very heavy figure and loose joints is not a good one.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”