Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

This is for the non-Eva goings on at Gainax, both old and new.

Moderator: Board Staff

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:06 am

View Original PostXard wrote: DUDE WAT

you ain't making ANY SENSE at all. This ep had by a landslide the greatest animation pyrotechnics of this show, hell, out of ANY show this season.

The first half didn´t look too great when you compare it to the rest, which is just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:19 am

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:The first half didn´t look too great when you compare it to the rest, which is just my opinion, I could be wrong.

The first half looks NORMAL :lol:

In second half GAINAX went absolutely insane. Everything looks crap next to that.

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Halicat » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:24 am

Hey guys who's better? Panty & Stocking or Kneesocks & Scanty? :B

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:42 am

Holy fuck, GAINAX goes epic. I strongly believe this episode alone just made PSG the best show of the season.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:39 am

View Original PostHalicat wrote:Hey guys who's better? Panty & Stocking or Kneesocks & Scanty? :B

I guess it depends on if you like RRRUUUUUUUUUURUS or are you more like an anarchist

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:12 am

View Original PostXard wrote:The first half looks NORMAL

That´s what I meant.

I expected MORE THAN JUST NORMAL from these guys, GET IT?

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:19 am

I expected MORE THAN JUST NORMAL from these guys, GET IT?

if they did anything special with the first half, they probably would have gone over budget. But damn I'm wondering if their going to try to top that fight in the finally of the show, knowing imaishi he just might.

I guess it depends on if you like RRRUUUUUUUUUURUS or are you more like an anarchist

It's interesting you should say that I've been thinking about this a bit, and the fanwankers were right, Panty and Stocking is beginning to turn into a deep anime. I think its a commentery on Japanese society and how they try to make everyone conform and be cogs in the system like the pitiful salrayman in the fith episode. It's not just in panty and stocking but in a lot of imaishis other anime this same message is there (the guy must really hate the system) in Dead leaves Retro and Pandy, blatant anarchists were portrayed in better light then the system represented by a bunch of souless dudes who all look the same. Also in Gurren lagann the only people who were able to acomplish anything were those willing to break the rules. Here, the people who make the rules and run the system are demons.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby toe mash » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:57 pm

HOREE SHEET, best episode yet by far imo. This is easily the show I look most forward to each week, makes all the other ones look pitiful in comparison.

I'm glad to see some damn good animation instead of typical shitty anime lolshading and partial-motion bullshit. The whole action scene was insane.

I'm completely confident that Gainax will top this. I wonder how they'll do it.

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:44 pm

View Original PostDefectron wrote:Here, the people who make the rules and run the system are demons.
I did have a short laugh at the irony of that little inversion. But it was quick, since most of my brain was still addled by the fucking ludicrous feats of animated insanity. This episode was incredible.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:39 am

An anti-establishment message is "deep"?
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Halicat » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:40 am

I wouldn't say the theme is 'deep' personally, I do like how the roles are reversed though, the demons being orderly and obedient and the angels disordering and disobedient. I can sort of see that episode paving the way for some serious character development for Panty and Stocking [I mean, the demon sisters' were shocked they would just have let Briefs die like that, but likewise they have done small, unselfish things like in the previous episode, not going to Chi's house but signing an autograph for her and back further when they had a fight over Panty eating Stocking's pudding.]

I love the Demon sisters, so I really hope we see lots more of them in future, and considering how epic awesome ep 6 was, I reckon Gainax will blow minds at the finale if this series is definitely set to be 26 episodes long; they didn't fail with TTGL or FLCL so I doubt they'll let us down.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:37 am

^
It´s funny how you fail to mention NGE´s ending on EGF.

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Halicat » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:23 am

It's hardly the same level of 'epic' the shows I mentioned are on.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:49 am

I hope we get a GAINAX ending.
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:02 am

View Original PostHalicat wrote:It's hardly the same level of 'epic' the shows I mentioned are on.

I thought that the NGETV end was pretty epic compared to the end of FLCL.

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby toe mash » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:13 am

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:I thought that the NGETV end was pretty epic compared to the end of FLCL.

:cringe: For the love of Gendo, tell me you're trolling!

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:37 am

EoTV > FLCL. As much as I like the latter's hyperkinetic form and lolfreud content it doesn't stand strong against Anno's brilliant and experimental mindfuck that doubles as a great summary of the psychological and philosophical aspects of NGE.

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby toe mash » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:45 am

View Original PostOz wrote:EoTV > FLCL. As much as I like the latter's hyperkinetic form and lolfreud content it doesn't stand strong against Anno's brilliant and experimental mindfuck that doubles as a great summary of the psychological and philosophical aspects of NGE.

Yeah, but what does that have to do with "epic"?

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:04 am

Epic troll, especially if EVATV was one of your first few (mecha) anime.

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Halicat » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:14 am

I was referring to epic more in a sense of dynamism of animation and craziness of content, not trolling, anyway, I wouldn't even describe anything about NGE as 'epic' [Rebuild 2.0 on the other hand...]. I love NGE and both it's endings more than FLCL or TTGL, but I thought it was pretty obvious why I didn't mention it in my initial post, unless we get a 'Gainax' ending PSG is set to run in the same vein as those shows, not NGE. Derp.

Return to “Gaina[x] Stuff”