What anime are you watching right now? May07-Feb10

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

20XD6_Tyrant
Banned

Postby 20XD6_Tyrant » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:58 pm

Rommel wrote:IIRC, Asuka in Spanish actually had a hot German accent. Massive win.

Shinji in Spanish is kind of funny.

Anyways, I've been watching Inu-Yasha and Bleach on Adult Swim. Pretty uninspired stuff so far, IMO.

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Fearthebait » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:05 pm

Adult Swim plays crap most of the time, i only watch for outlaw star, flcl, Eureka 7 and thats about it.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!

20XD6_Tyrant
Banned

Postby 20XD6_Tyrant » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:06 pm

Fearthebait wrote:Adult Swim plays crap most of the time, i only watch for outlaw star, flcl, Eureka 7 and thats about it.

FLCL has never come on where I live. Eureka 7 was meh, and I've never seen Outlaw Star.
Apparently, I'm the admin's new(read:old) Chew toy.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:08 pm

Finished Zeta Gundam, now I'm trying to decide whether to rewatch Lain, Boogiepop Phantom, Haibane Renmei, or get something new (maybe Last Exile, Wolf's Rain, or Paranoia Agent). I'm open to suggestions. :)
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

20XD6_Tyrant
Banned

Postby 20XD6_Tyrant » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:10 pm

Last Exile is a well-crafted show, with some truely impressive CGI battles, and characters you could care about.

I don't think it is the best, but it's pretty well done.
Apparently, I'm the admin's new(read:old) Chew toy.

Rommel
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Rommel » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:50 pm

20XD6_Tyrant wrote:
Fearthebait wrote:Adult Swim plays crap most of the time, i only watch for outlaw star, flcl, Eureka 7 and thats about it.

FLCL has never come on where I live. Eureka 7 was meh, and I've never seen Outlaw Star.

Wha-WHAT? Eureka 7 is pretty good actually. Just skip everything that doesn't have Holland or Dominic and Anemone in it.

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Opteron-O3 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:07 pm

Eva Yojimbo wrote:Finished Zeta Gundam, now I'm trying to decide whether to rewatch Lain, Boogiepop Phantom, Haibane Renmei, or get something new (maybe Last Exile, Wolf's Rain, or Paranoia Agent). I'm open to suggestions. :)

Def. Wolf's Rain. Save Lain for another moment with your cousin :lol:
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"
"The need is the justification, there are no other factors to consider."- Gendo Ikari

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/willaym
Website to my NGE Essay: http://opteron-o3.angelfire.com/index.html

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:22 pm

Eva Yojimbo wrote:Paranoia Agent

Jimbo, I have a feeling that you would totally dig this show.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:31 pm

BrikHaus wrote:
Eva Yojimbo wrote:Paranoia Agent

Jimbo, I have a feeling that you would totally dig this show.

And after that, go watch Paprika.

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby CorporalChaos » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:40 am

Higurashi (which so far is chock full of horror and bad ends)
Gurren-Lagann

I started watching Lucky Star, but it was boring.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:56 am

Thanks guys, I think I'll get Paranoia Agent next. I might just get all 3 at the same time...
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Snowshadow Falcon
Embryo

Postby Snowshadow Falcon » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:13 am

I'm currently finishing Diebuster. (Which I like more than Gunbuster thus far. I have mixed feelings about GB, but that's something for a different thread)

Gankutsuou (Despite my original hesitations about it, I'm rather enjoying this series and like many of the differences from the original. However, the book is still better and the intro makes me want to stab my ears when I hear it)

Though I like what I have seen, I have been unable to finish Trigun and Lain. Hopefully I'll be able to finish them soon.
Last edited by Snowshadow Falcon on Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
This signature is currently undergoing maintenance...Check back for updates in the near future!

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby TriLink » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:10 am

Snowshadow Falcon wrote:Despite my original hesitations about it, I'm rather enjoying this series and like many of the differences from the original. However, the book is still better and the intro makes me want to stab my ears when I hear it.

So, wait... you don't like Groovin Magic?

*Head Explodes*
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Snowshadow Falcon
Embryo

Postby Snowshadow Falcon » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:40 am

Haha, wrong series. Last I knew, Diebuster wasn't based off a book. No, there I'm talking about Gankutsuou. I should add an extra line between the two to make it clearer.
Oh, I'm also watching Noir, though I`ve only seen the first episode so I can't say if I like it or not yet. The music is good, but I was expecting that.
This signature is currently undergoing maintenance...Check back for updates in the near future!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:22 am

Updating on http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=80598#80598

Having watched all the NaruTaru anime (I shan't say "finished" because it covers half the manga and then stops dead mid-flow), I've added Gankutsuou to my active list as well. And Gunslinger Girl to the in-tray.

Also Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, of course.
Last edited by Mr. Tines on Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:38 pm

Second season of Higurashi just got subbed, it's now in the queue.

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:47 pm

I got halfway through the first Higurashi but stopped, for whatever reason. Like, last year. Does it get any better?
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:30 pm

Trigger's Elysium wrote:Does it get any better?

The second half includes much more torture along with the bloody violence.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby TriLink » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:57 pm

Snowshadow Falcon wrote:Haha, wrong series.

lol, whoops! Sorry about that. It was like, 6:00 A.M. when I read your post and I was still half asleep. :oops:
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:45 pm

Since I am real busy with work and shite, I am only watching whatever is on Adult Swim on Saturday night and whatever is on Scifi on Monday night.

Return to “Old Stickies”