What anime are you watching right now? May07-Feb10

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:37 pm

Kaysow wrote:Gonna keep the box and have another go with a pal who just got back from Thailand, this time with the dub.

Dude.

Dude.

Dude.

Didn't I tell you to watch it dubbed in the first place? It's eleventy gazillion times better in English.

You disappoint me, Kaysauce.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:38 pm

Kaysow wrote:See I like deep shit, and these two series by the guy aren't, they're ALL standalone episodes, that could take place ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, which failed to be very involving.

Cowboy Bebop and Excel Saga do not share a director. The first is directed by Watanabe Shinichiro and the second by Watanabe Shinichi.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:47 pm

Everyone recommend a series to watch next. I've been considering:

Ergo Proxy
Kino's Journey
Gungrave
Infinite Ryvius
Excel Saga
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:48 pm

Welcome to the NHK!

Read my review of it in the recommendations topic, it's pretty recent.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:51 pm

Eva Yojimbo wrote:Everyone recommend a series to watch next.

Let's read the recommendations thread instead.
Or ask on /a/

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:53 pm

Eva Yojimbo wrote:Everyone recommend a series to watch next. I've been considering:

Ergo Proxy
Kino's Journey
Gungrave
Infinite Ryvius
Excel Saga

We have a recommendation thread. Although you are only supposed to recommend one (I think those were recommended already in that thread).

Also, I suggest creating a MyAnimeList account. A lot of people told me that I should but I never got around to it until late last year. It is REALLY good for finding new anime to watch. Specifically, there is a compatibility rating between you and someone else. This rating goes up if both people liked and disliked the same shows. You can then check their list for other shows that they liked. Or follow recommendations based on the compatibility rating of the person who wrote the recommendation. It's helped me quite a bit as far as finding new shows to watch. I don't update my list except for the shows I've finished watching because I don't like raiting a show I've not finished. Nor do I keep track of rewatches or whatever other little things that you can add because those don't seem to have anything to do with compatibility. My list is in my sig.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Kaysow » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:59 pm

BrikHaus wrote:
Kaysow wrote:Gonna keep the box and have another go with a pal who just got back from Thailand, this time with the dub.

Dude.

Dude.

Dude.

Didn't I tell you to watch it dubbed in the first place? It's eleventy gazillion times better in English.

You disappoint me, Kaysauce.

Yeah, we'll see.

Japanese fits Japanese animation better, that's just how it is. And I'm kind of in love with the sound of Megumi Hayashibara's voice.

What I heard of the english ones were the guy who botched Onizuka as Spike, and the generic Kei (from Akira) as Faye. But I see where you were going, the script is fitting for english. I WILL watch it dubbed next, I promise.

@BobBQ:
Good call. I'll stop comparing them then.
If I have no soul to touch, no heart to love, no evil to rise up above
No angels and no ghosts, no real victories to toast
If you believe that this is true then I must ask;
to what end do you proceed?

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:19 pm

Ornette wrote:We have a recommendation thread. Although you are only supposed to recommend one (I think those were recommended already in that thread).
Yeah, but anyone can recommend something in general. :/

Ornette wrote:Also, I suggest creating a MyAnimeList account..
I've got one but I haven't messed with it yet. Perhaps I'll try to get around to that.
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:32 am

Oh btw, ran into this on another forum. What groups plan on fansubbing what show for the winter season (2007/2008):

http://fansubwiki.com/Who_Subs_What:_WINTER_2008

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Kaysow » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:50 pm

Done with Lucky Star.
It was alright.
Now I sorta feel like watching Haruhi for some reason.
If I have no soul to touch, no heart to love, no evil to rise up above
No angels and no ghosts, no real victories to toast
If you believe that this is true then I must ask;
to what end do you proceed?

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:46 pm

I'm going to start re-watching what episodes of FullMetal Alchemist that I have, (Which is like 16 ep, not even in order, I can youtube the rest.)
It's been a while since I've watched this show. -o-;
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:06 am

http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=147396#147396

Finished Sky Girls (mostly harmless) and Blue Drop which I found amazingly good for reasons I cannot quite discern, given its premise is roughly Marimite plus spaceships.

For the current season, I'm for the moment following Spicy Wolf and Shigofumi, and archiving Aria the Origination (since I'm about 30 episodes behind on that series -- watching slowly is preferred here).

For carry-over/blast from the past, when subs arrive, also Ghost Hound, Souten no Ken, and Moonlight Mile (now that a group has at least started subbing the 2nd season).

Plus actively Princess Tutu, Simoun (rewatch) and Manabi Lesbian (rewatch).
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:23 am

Added Angelique ~When the Heart Awakens~ and Shigofumi to my list.

Also watching FLCL, Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, and Jinki Extend (quite confused so far, 5 eps in) while I run.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:38 am

Hunter21 wrote:Jinki Extend (quite confused so far, 5 eps in)

Apparently the anime is a condensed version of two manga series, Jinki and Jinki:Extend; and after the South American story starts, most of the Japan side of things happens at a different time (so the two guys who look alike are actually the same person).

rain1776
Adam

Postby rain1776 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:23 pm

imma watchin lucky star. gotta say, as dumb as the plot is on that show, i still think its addicting for a few reasons
Is there radiation treatment for cancer children?

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:17 pm

i gave up on ergo proxy, im stalled on azumanga daioh, just finished watching death note, I'm almost done with cowboy bebop, and currently plowing through gurren-lagann.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:25 am

Nothing... I'm starting The Sopranos.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:42 am

I forgot about this thread.

Aria the Origination, Bamboo Blade, Hayate no Gotoku!, Dragonaut, Minami-ke, Mokke, Rental Magica, Rosario to Vampire, Spice and Wolf, They are my noble masters, Manabi Straight, Mosquiton 99, and Bartender.

I'm behind on just about every one of them.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

zimlord
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby zimlord » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:31 pm

just started Welcome to the NHK.
liking it so far. read some of the manga a little while back and thought it was pretty good.

i was watching Ghost Hound. it's on hold for me right now--i might finish it later. i kinda liked how it started but after a few eps it got a little slow.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:53 pm

http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=150633#150633

Finished the rewatching and Princess Tutu; paused Shigofumi and Spicy Wolf after 2 episodes each, tried Mnemosyne and wasn't impressed.

Picked up and am following Hakaba Kitaro, rewatching Akagi; still archiving Aria.

Return to “Old Stickies”