WTF is yer avatar & sig from?! (a)

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:51 pm

Sachiel_13 wrote:I always thought that sound was more of a *chuck-chuck* played under your breath.

Be edified.

Logan Payne
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Logan Payne » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:26 am

CURLEH MUSTACHE!

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:55 am

You do realise the moustache fad is getting old do ya?
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:23 am

Logan Payne wrote:CURLEH MUSTACHE!

EPIC FAIL.

Also, on Kaji-san? Misato-san does not approve.

DOUBLE EPIC FAIL.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:12 am

Logan Payne wrote:CURLEH MUSTACHE!

slowpoke.jpg
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:25 pm

BEsERk EVA01 wrote:You do realise the moustache fad is getting old do ya?
OH BESERK, YOU SO PRINGLES!!!! (yeah I'm getting pretty sick of the meme too, it was funny for about 15 minutes but its lifespan has gone on for too long)
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Enki v.2
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Enki v.2 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:46 pm

My nick and AV are typically always related... My sig often is a translation of the text in the AV (I wish I knew more people who spoke sumerian... more is defined here as "at least one person who is NOT me")

Anyone who can figure out the complete linguistic/theological significance of my nick gets 23 internets, five cookies, and 17 angels.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:48 pm

ZapalacX wrote:New avaGAR

New sig, too... No longer a random H-manga extract, I see.

Simon's head doesn't look right on that body.

Enki v.2 wrote:Anyone who can figure out the complete linguistic/theological significance of my nick gets 23 internets, five cookies, and 17 angels.

When I first saw you as the most recent EGF enlistee, I immediately thought, "Oh no, not another GL fanboy."
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:17 pm

Reichu wrote:When I first saw you as the most recent EGF enlistee, I immediately thought, "Oh no, not another GL fanboy."

Same here.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:43 pm

I take full responsibility for the curleh mustaches. I showed them MAHVEL BAYBEE on IRC and the worst seemed to have happened.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

zimlord
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby zimlord » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:31 pm

hey, it's not like it was a bad thing.

pretty amusing while it lasted, i think.

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:35 pm

No, it is. If I were around when it was brought into fruition, I would have put a stop to this.

ಠ_ಠ
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Enki v.2
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Enki v.2 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:57 pm

ZapalacX wrote:
Reichu wrote:When I first saw you as the most recent EGF enlistee, I immediately thought, "Oh no, not another GL fanboy."

Same here.

What is GL? Even if I know it by another name, I doubt that my nick has any relation (it has no relation to any anime, as far as I know, nor any comic other than those I have written).

EDIT: Oops. I've only ever seen the first episode of Gurren Lagann, so no, I'm not a fanboy. I didn't even realize that they used that name. If the show turns out to be totally lame (and not in a good way), I am liable to kill whoever suggested the name for effacement of a god. 'Nuff said.
Last edited by Enki v.2 on Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:59 pm

I've got a fairly large picture on on my computer, and I want to use it as my avatar but the pixels might also be too high. Is there any way to both reduce pixels and size within the restrictions?
>>Nothing<<

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:33 pm

look up image shack, for tis your friend
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby The Bastard King » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:50 pm

MS Paint?
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:25 pm

I looked it up, and there's resizing which means reducing the size of the picture, but nothing on reducing the pixels.
>>Nothing<<

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:48 pm

I do not think that means what you think it means.

If all else fails, host it somewhere as-is and I'll see if I can downsize it for you.

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:16 am

cropped a picture from gainax. i think i'm going to have an avatar in the future non-evangelion related....in the future
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Zuggy
Banned

Postby Zuggy » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:26 am

Love that avatar, TAO. :rei_blush:

BEsERk EVA01 wrote:I've got a fairly large picture on on my computer, and I want to use it as my avatar but the pixels might also be too high.

BEsERk EVA01 wrote:there's resizing which means reducing the size of the picture, but nothing on reducing the pixels.

You can reduce the pixel dimensions of the image and set the compression higher to reduce the size in some free software called Paint.NET, I use it all the time.

Return to “Old Stickies”