Official Welcome Thread : Jun 21, 2004 to Nov 13, 2010

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Rei_Rocks
Embryo

Postby Rei_Rocks » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:08 am

Yes, a fellow Rei fan!!! Yes, Rei DOES RULE!!!!! :D
Rei Ayanami is the greatest anime heroin!!!

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:21 pm

Rei_Rocks wrote:Yes, a fellow Rei fan!!! Yes, Rei DOES RULE!!!!! :D

Please explain...
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

toReason
Embryo

Postby toReason » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:38 am

Think I'll jump in on this thread and say Hi as well.

Have been lurking for quite awhile now, leeching off of the various news on Eva and its merchandise.
I can't remember joining either; when I went to sign up I was told my email had already been registered, so I had to go through some old mails to find the login info... :oops:

About me :

I'm fairly carefree although I do have some responsibilities of which I don't really think about much.

I first bought into Eva in the summer of 2004 after being recommended it from the Futurama boards, after that was my fall into anime but I can't say I watch a lot, just the hyped shows. My first taste of anime though (without really knowing, I was around 13 at the time) was when Manga Ent. came to the uk in the mid nineties, so, as expected, I only ever really saw the ultraviolent ones back then.
Cyber City still rocks my boat though. :wink:

So yeah, Eva was pretty important to me in that I have never felt so much towards some tv characters before. Ever. It also kinda changed my perception on various things in my life, especially how to percieve other people, be them nasty or good.

Anyhow, I will attempt to add my thoughts throughout the forum but I have to say, my debating is pretty rubbish so expect to see me in the chit chat section rather than the discussion forum!

I will now go post my age etc...
*TBA*

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:54 pm

Welcome "toReason"
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Dimmi
Embryo

Postby Dimmi » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:53 pm

hi! :) thought I'd introduce myself hehe

I'm Demi (but there's been enough misspellings of my name, my screen name being just one among Dim, Doom, and Demon (!) seriously people, it's FOUR letters!! :) and I'm eighteen years old....I live in Wales in the UK (which is the Canada to America-England :P) and I'm actually moving to the east coast of Canada to study next month :)

I first got into EVA through possibly the most random chance occurance ever hehe...anime isn't as big a thing here as it is in the US, none of my friends are into it....well, I had just discovered that you could download stuff online for The Sims, and I was looking at all these user-created paintings...when I saw one of the pictures I had downloaded was a Pokemon-style ( :oops: ) drawing of three children in weird outfits, (this one actually [url]http://www.zonalibre.org/blog/Persefone/archives/group.JPG[/url]

...and I saw the caption 'Asuka, Rye and Shinji from NGE'...and a quick Google later and I was hooked :P although I didn't actually get to watch the show until two years later when I managed to get a copy of the dvds...I'd seen nearly every screen cap and read every script out there though...unfortunatly some of the pages I looked at were of dubious quality...for months I believed they were spelt Asuka and Rye, that Gendo was a really good guy and that Shinji was just a typical emo-kid. And I thought the show itself was just your typical giant-robot style show.....then I saw EOE :P :shock:

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:27 am

Welcome to all the new members!
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

chz
Embryo

Postby chz » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:01 pm

Hi im chz and im new here just wanted to say hi to u all....

took me ages to find if theres eva community :cry:

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:33 pm

Welcome and enjoy your stay. Just watch out for the weirdo's(by the way, that's everyone here)
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Faußtin » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:42 pm

Hunter21 wrote:Welcome and enjoy your stay. Just watch out for the weirdo's(by the way, that's everyone here)

Wierdo? Where? :wink: :P
:lol:
Hunter is right. There are nutcases at every corner. For exmple, there is one right next to mine... :wink:
:twisted: !!!HELL IS FUN!!! :twisted:

chz
Embryo

Postby chz » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:44 pm

ty all =D

badc0de
Adam

Postby badc0de » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:44 pm

Welcome chz!
Hunter21 wrote:Welcome and enjoy your stay. Just watch out for the weirdo's(by the way, that's everyone here)

No, I'm normal :D
BTW: Has anybody seen my lockable rubber-neckband? :twisted:

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Faußtin » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:58 pm

badc0de wrote:No, I'm normal :D

*Rolling on the floor laughing*
:lol:
Well... if I look around in the forum and compare to the others... than yes, we are all normal. :wink: :lol:

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Ryo » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:52 pm

Hello!

The veterans and those who frequent AN's Evangelion forum might already know who I am, but since it's been a while since I was here I might as well introduce myself again.

I became intrested in Evangelion after being exposed to EoE, the manga and some fanfiction, and it was my favorite anime for a long time. Even though it isn't my favorite anymore (Elfen Lied snatched that place quite some time ago), it is still somewhere in my Top 5 and I decided to become an active member of this forum again after I saw the rumors of the new movies.

And for the record, Asuka > Rei. Nuh-uh!
Asuka > Rei

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:11 am

Ryo wrote:Hello!

The veterans and those who frequent AN's Evangelion forum might already know who I am, but since it's been a while since I was here I might as well introduce myself again.

I became intrested in Evangelion after being exposed to EoE, the manga and some fanfiction, and it was my favorite anime for a long time. Even though it isn't my favorite anymore (Elfen Lied snatched that place quite some time ago), it is still somewhere in my Top 5 and I decided to become an active member of this forum again after I saw the rumors of the new movies.

And for the record, Asuka > Rei. Nuh-uh!

Welcome back :wink:

AuthenticM
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby AuthenticM » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:20 pm

Ryo wrote:Even though it isn't my favorite anymore (Elfen Lied snatched that place quite some time ago)

Same here. Elfen Lied is clearly a genuine work of art. Especialy the intro coupled with the song 'Lilim'. Just beautiful.
In my case, I refuse to go easy on the ignorant, regardless of degree. Hitler was ignorant. Joshua C. Whatshisface is ignorant. To me, they're in the same category of ignorant and stupid people who should have been left in some isolated corner of the world where they couldn't bother anyone. --The Eva Monkey

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Faußtin » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:37 pm

AuthenticM wrote:
Ryo wrote:Even though it isn't my favorite anymore (Elfen Lied snatched that place quite some time ago)

Same here. Elfen Lied is clearly a genuine work of art. Especialy the intro coupled with the song 'Lilim'. Just beautiful.

Elfen Laid here, Elfen Laid there, Elfen Laid everywhere! Wonder what the hell it is. Must get it if so many people say its so good. Where can I find some info 'bout it?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:52 pm

@Ryo, Digitalex
Good to see you both back again.

Faußtin wrote:Elfen Laid here, Elfen Laid there, Elfen Laid everywhere! Wonder what the hell it is. Must get it if so many people say its so good. Where can I find some info 'bout it?

http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=34573&highlight=#34573

It was the big thing last summer, and has been out in the R2 English release for a while now.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Faußtin » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:02 pm

@Mr. Tines
Kawaii girls, kawaii slaughter... Niiice... :twisted: :twisted: LSD level seems to be quite high as I saw it. (Laughter/Slaughter/Diversity, if I didn't tell you before :wink: :lol:)
On the top of the "pray4prey" list. :D :wink:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Konnichiwa!

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:25 pm

Hi, all! ^_^ My name's Sailor Star Dust and I just joined the forums yesterday! I've seen all of Eva (well, everything but "Rebirth") but want to be enlightened on the confusing aspects of it by the wise members of this forum. :wink: (ie: Just who in the hell is mystery Rei from episodes 1, 24(?) and 26'? :shock: ) Here's some info on my views Eva-wise:
~Misato kicks ass. 'nuff said. (Mitsuishi Kotono RULES as Usagi, Misato, Excel and Ebichu. She's my favorite voice actress :D)
~I see episodes 25 and 26 and End of Eva (25' and 26') as being concurrent. Basically, I think 25 and 26 happen mentally while 25' and 26' happen physically/in reality.
~I like all the 3 Children, but I guess my favorite seems to be Asuka just because of her ass-kicking...ness. ^^; Shinji and Rei are cool, too, though. I guess personality-wise, I'm closest to Shinji. I'm pretty introverted myself at times.
~In similar vain to the above, I'm a fan of the Asuka/Shinji pairing. What can I say, I'm a romantic at heart. The lines "You won't even hold me!" (DC 22) and "I want to help you somehow, Asuka. And be with you forever." (EoE) are what did it for me. ^_^;

Some general info about me:
~I'm 20 years old...and I'm a girl, in case that's not obvious by my writing.
~I write fanfics. For the longest time it was just Sailormoon fics, but I recently started writing a A/S post-3I one.
~sukoshi nihongo wakarimasu. soshite, watashi wa daigakusei desu.
(I know a little Japanese. And, I'm a college student.)

Well, that's all I can think of for now. I'm really excited to be here! yoroshiku ne! ^_^
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Konnichiwa!

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:36 pm

Welcome aboard this merry Ship of Fools!

Concurrency of EoE and EoTV is pretty much assumed here (after all, what few glimpses of the real world you do get in EoTV only make sense if EoE is happening). So is shipping S/A ([mutley]rashin, frashin,....[/mutley]).
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Old Stickies”