Official Welcome Thread : Jun 21, 2004 to Nov 13, 2010

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Velefor
Embryo

Postby Velefor » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:09 am

View Original PostZapX wrote: Your english is just fine.

Thanks. I'm relieved to hear that.

View Original Postdrinian wrote:I hear Kiev has a great gate.

It sure does, along with many other wonderful things. But, yeah, that's offtopic.
"The only frontier that has ever existed is the self."
- Helios, DE:IW
"Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude."
- Michel Eyquem de Montaigne

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:48 pm

View Original PostVelefor wrote:I really want to thank all of Eva-geeks members for all those entertaining and fruitful discussions that I have been reading during my free time last week. You are so cool guys!

I think you must have us confused with some other forum.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Velefor
Embryo

Postby Velefor » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:07 pm

Dear BrikHaus
I understand you concern about me, and I'm grateful for it. However it appears to me that you have never been a member of Russian Eva-board, because if you had, my fascination with eva-geeks would be totally understandable.
"Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude."

Thunder Heart Mk.3
Embryo

Postby Thunder Heart Mk.3 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:46 am

Well now this is interesting...

I would first like to start off by introducing myself. Excuse me for the cliche, but I am known by many names through the entirety of the internet and real life. For my particular incarnation on this forum I have chosen the name of Thunder Heart Mk.3. Greetings.

I enjoy Evangelion greatly because (in my opinion) I find it to be a series that is full of mystery and a lot of possibilities. So much so that it has spawned a very impressive fan base that spans multiple countries and is set in a deliciously diverse array of languages.

Anyways, though I cannot claim to be an "oldfag" in regards to how long I've known the series, I have watched the original Eva (including the DaR and EoE) as well as the recently released rebuild series. Regardless I'm expecting to enjoy my stay in this website and so far I am not disappointed. Thanks.
LURKERS KEEP ON LURKING! Lurk, lurk, lurk...
Favorite pairing as of Rebuild : Shinji x Rei. Why? Because its lulzy.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:16 pm

View Original PostVelefor wrote:Dear BrikHaus
I understand you concern about me, and I'm grateful for it. However it appears to me that you have never been a member of Russian Eva-board, because if you had, my fascination with eva-geeks would be totally understandable.

That's true. However, I had a roommate for 2 years who was Russian. He moved to the states around age 10 or so. That was an interesting couple of years....
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

planet news
Armisael
Armisael

Postby planet news » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:00 pm

Are you Marxist/Leninist by any chance? Is Dostoyevsky more challenging to read in Russian than English? Which is better, Crime and Punishment or The Idiot? Which author is greater, Dostoyevsky or Tolstoy? Am I currently being a racist? Do you call St. Petersburg St. Petersburg, Petrograd, or Leningrad? There is only one right answer.
"Crab People, look like crab, talk like people. Crab people . . ."

C W St. J Nobbs
Embryo

Postby C W St. J Nobbs » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:56 pm

So I'm new. I should probably think of something moving and witty to say.

I...

No. I lied. There's no wit left in my skull. I think I sold or something like that.

But Hello. Just found this place yesterday, poked around the wiki a bit for help writing something that may or may not ever come to fruition and now I randomly signed up for the forums. I don't really have a great track record for being a frequent poster on forums and things like that, but I guess whatever happens, happens. Presumably because Cthulhu
There is something Pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

London calling, see we ain't got no swing/'cept for the ring of that truncheon thing

Boards don't hit back. - Bruce Lee

I do not fear the man who practices 10000 kicks once. I fear the man who practices one kick 10000 times. - Bruce Lee

ALL THINGS THAT ARE, ARE OURS. BUT WE MUST CARE. FOR IF WE DO NOT CARE, WE DO NOT EXIST. IF WE DO NOT EXIST, THEN THERE IS NOTHING BUT BLIND OBLIVION. AND EVEN OBLIVION MUST END SOME DAY. LORD, WILL YOU GRANT ME JUST A LITTLE TIME? FOR THE PROPER BALANCE OF THINGS. TO RETURN WHAT WAS GIVEN. FOR THE SAKE OF PRISONERS AND THE FLIGHT OF BIRDS. LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN? - DEATH

Velefor
Embryo

Postby Velefor » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:02 am

View Original PostBrikHaus wrote:That's true. However, I had a roommate for 2 years who was Russian. He moved to the states around age 10 or so. That was an interesting couple of years....

If he moved to US when he was only 10 that doesn't make him a complete Russian in cultural sense IMO. So I wonder in what way those years were interesting...

to planet news

No, you are not a racist, but rather stereotypical. Anyway, you can PM me if you really want to hear answers for those questions, or have others to ask.

And that goes for anyone. If you are interested what life is like in the part of the world where I live, don't hesitate to ask. :emogendo:

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:53 am

View Original PostVelefor wrote:So I wonder in what way those years were interesting...

Please tell me you intended for us to read a homoerotic subtext into this, because that's totally what I did.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Velefor
Embryo

Postby Velefor » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:12 am

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:Please tell me you intended for us to read a homoerotic subtext into this, because that's totally what I did.

I'm to modest to say such a thing :whistle: But yeah, that one amongst subtexts included.

Count_Paradox
Embryo

welcome thread

Postby Count_Paradox » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:28 am

Hi all!
the names Count Paradox!
Glad to be here!!!! :w00: :w00:

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:01 am

Excellent, another Australian. :emogendo:
Voluntary Illusion.

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

Postby Fazmotron » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:05 am

Bloody chazzwozzers.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Orpheus23
Embryo

err...hello...

Postby Orpheus23 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:24 pm

Judging by the words at the top of this site "Evangelion unites us all, like the Olympics"...I'm in the right place...

My name is Orpheus and I love Evangelion.

I first came across it a few years back and got into it because I saw giant robots, religious symbology, and people so screwed up they could pass for normal in our society.

But I never got around to actually watching it until this past January when I found a box dvd set and then hunted around Amazon for End of Evangelion....subsequently I found a Pen Pen plushie which is now staring at me from my bed and wondering what the heck I'm typing so much about.

But as I said, nice to see there's other people that "geek out" when it comes to Evangelion...so hello fellow addicts and outcasts!

I'm currently based out of the States, Wisconsin specifically, and in between fantasizing about using my AT Field to give Neo the smackdown I also enjoy watching Fringe and the occasional guilty pleasure episode of Stargate Universe.

My musical tastes vary from Johan Soderqvist to Sevendust back down the line to Eminem and then onward towards groups like Hurt, Johnny Cash, Lacuna Coil, Rancid, and Seether.

Anywho, that's the long and short of me in this...introductory post...oh and I play EVE Online too so if anyone thinks I'm "that one Orpheus guy"...yeah it's me :-P

RottenOrange
Embryo

Postby RottenOrange » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:21 pm

Hi, all
First came across the eva visual novel when I was 10 and then EoE years later... then the anime series another couple of years later.
Horrible order in which to enjoy eva but my mind somehow survived.

Gamer137
Adam

Postby Gamer137 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:23 am

View Original PostRottenOrange wrote:Hi, all
First came across the eva visual novel when I was 10 and then EoE years later... then the anime series another couple of years later.
Horrible order in which to enjoy eva but my mind somehow survived.

Haha. I did it in an even worse order, so we're in the same boat.

Yazakel
Embryo

Postby Yazakel » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi everyone.

I've been stalking you all for the past couple of days and in the end i decided to join you, so hi.

As for me... I've just started becoming obssessed with NGE again... as a result of seeing Rebuild (Which made me have to go and rewatch the old series). And apart from that i'm a pretty standard, and self-confessed, nerd and geek. For fiction i love sci-fi/fantasy and my music tastes run from c.1700-c.2004. Erm... I think that's all the random information i can come up with. Hi.

:emogendo:
I attribute all my success to the incredible focusing power that is the Gendo Pose.

alphanumeric
Embryo

Postby alphanumeric » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:28 pm

hey dudes
so yeah, nge is the shit and all that
2.22 blew my mind
i love that there's a gendo emoticon
i think i'll deploy him now
:emogendo:
that is all

Zenithfleet
Embryo

Postby Zenithfleet » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:26 am

G'day everyone!

Been a lurker for over a year now. I'm an old-school NGE fan - saw the show on Aussie TV back in 1999 and rewatched my fuzzy VHS recordings til every line of the dub was burned into my brain (hence the sig).

Rebuild 1.0 sparked my interest again. It's been fun finding Eva-Geeks and discovering how hilariously inaccurate our elaborate high-school theories were :)
Proud fan of the ADV TV dub.
And the on-air episodes.
And Magma Diver.

Sorry.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

First post

Postby symbv » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:28 am

I was advised to post my first post here because newcomer's first post will always be purged. So here I am!!

Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to “Old Stickies”