Official Welcome Thread : Jun 21, 2004 to Nov 13, 2010

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Noob to site, not to Eva ;D

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat May 01, 2010 2:51 am

View Original PostEva-Unit-09 wrote:since I was five.
I think that counts as some form of child abuse, don't you?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

SpearofLonginus
Lilith

Postby SpearofLonginus » Sat May 01, 2010 5:02 pm

Hi all. Long time Evangelion fan, new to the forums and this community. I'm not sure what to say as I'm mostly a lurker...

My favorite part of Eva was End of Evangelion. I collect Rei/Lance/Unit 00 related stuff and my friend Jen collects Asuka/Unit02 related stuff. ^^

I look forward to chatting with you all. :D

ran1
Banned

Postby ran1 » Sat May 01, 2010 5:13 pm

[quote="SpearofLonginus]Lance/Unit 00 related stuff [/quote]

You should post them in the "Gainax Cash Cow" thread. I'd like to see the Lance stuff.

Anyway, welcome aboard.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Slammacow
Embryo

Postby Slammacow » Sun May 02, 2010 2:50 am

First post!

I (like many other kids) first saw NGE on ToonAmi's "Robot Week," along with many other shows. However, it was NGE that captured my attention.

I came to this forum seeking the Shinji Ikari Raising Project (Ikari Shinji Ikusei Keikaku) in English somewhere. Sounds lame, right? I've read all the other material, but I can't find ISIK past stage 07 (volume 1).

Can anybody hook me up :mwahaha: ?

Thanks,
Slammacow
What would you do for a runcible spoon?

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby drinian » Sun May 02, 2010 3:59 am

Welcome to the forums.

View Original PostSlammacow wrote:I came to this forum seeking the Shinji Ikari Raising Project (Ikari Shinji Ikusei Keikaku) in English somewhere. Sounds lame, right? I've read all the other material, but I can't find ISIK past stage 07 (volume 1).

Licensed; cf. our copyright policy.

SpearofLonginus
Lilith

Postby SpearofLonginus » Sun May 02, 2010 9:37 am

View Original Postran1 wrote:You should post them in the "Gainax Cash Cow" thread. I'd like to see the Lance stuff.

Anyway, welcome aboard.

Posted. ^o^ Thank you for the welcome~

Slammacow
Embryo

Postby Slammacow » Sun May 02, 2010 10:38 pm

View Original Postdrinian wrote:Welcome to the forums.

Licensed; cf. our copyright policy.

I was unaware of this!

*polite bow*
What would you do for a runcible spoon?

Born of Lilith
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Born of Lilith » Sat May 08, 2010 1:01 am

---
Last edited by Born of Lilith on Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

avanent
Embryo

Postby avanent » Sat May 08, 2010 10:46 am

hi, long time fan. Just re-realized how big of one I am after rewatching the series before watching the new 1.11. A shame there arent more series of this caliber.
Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.

Davetheave
Embryo

new guy

Postby Davetheave » Sun May 09, 2010 9:09 am

wow, the registration process on this forum sucks so hard.

its asked my to name one of the angels in the show. so naturally i was like duh... "adam" and that didnt work, so then i tried "lilith" and that didnt work... then i tried "sachiel" that worked but then the other question was like "name this character" and it was Suzuhara so i wrote "toji" and that didnt work...

i had exceeded the maximum number of registration attempts and ended up having to open up a safari browser (as opposed to IE) in order to go through the process again

TOTAL PITA!

Im 23 years old, love anime. grew up in okinawa, i remember watching dragonball on tv as a todler. moved to the states when i was 4. eva is like the ultimate adult anime i think.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: new guy

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun May 09, 2010 9:19 am

View Original PostDavetheave wrote:wow, the registration process on this forum sucks so hard.
You should have seen the amount of spam that was being posted before we put up the barriers quite so high...
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Re: new guy

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sun May 09, 2010 9:22 am

View Original PostDavetheave wrote:eva is like the ultimate adult anime i think.

Oh, it is not.
View Original PostOz wrote:Silly PRPD. You don't answer that briefly and bluntly when you can't even know what Davetheave meant by "adult anime". And you don't even bother to give any sort of argumentation of your own. Thus, you fail. Replying like that pisses me off. Besides, that is totally offtopic in any case.

Silly Oz...
Derp, derp.
View Original Postran1 wrote:Using ROFL cats is not a good way to support your argument.

I has argument?
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Sun May 09, 2010 9:48 am

Silly PRPD. You don't answer that briefly and bluntly when you can't even know what Davetheave meant by "adult anime". And you don't even bother to give any sort of argumentation of your own. Thus, you fail. Replying like that pisses me off. Besides, that is totally offtopic in any case.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

ran1
Banned

Postby ran1 » Sun May 09, 2010 10:21 am

Using ROFL cats is not a good way to support your argument.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

CBoyardee
Embryo

Postby CBoyardee » Sun May 09, 2010 11:23 am

Hello people

Elvarein
Embryo

Postby Elvarein » Mon May 10, 2010 1:39 am

Fan since well... a long time? ;p

Was dragged here from TFF by Goatman for an R-P. (shameless plug: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=9028 )

^_^
Words you never want to hear from a kid:
"I'm bored."

Frozzy
Embryo

Postby Frozzy » Tue May 11, 2010 7:52 am

hi im new here having found forum through random google searches for the s2 soundtrack.
been a long time Eva fan and compusively collect Eva dvds for some reason 0_o any ways My favourite chracter is Gendo just because he is awesome until the end and my fave eva is unit 1 although i perosnally dislike Rei's new rebuild dub voice >.<
"You're thinking in Japanese! If you must think, do it in German!"

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

Postby tehprognoob » Tue May 11, 2010 9:15 pm

and I don't like Kensuke's rebuild dub voice. High Five!
Couldn't care less about Rei; a bad voice actor can't make the character worse.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed May 12, 2010 11:57 am

@ Frozzy: I like your sig. I want it on a T-Shirt.

View Original Posttehprognoob wrote:Couldn't care less about Rei;

I don't think Rei could care less either. :rei_meh:

peripeteic pyrrhus
Embryo

Postby peripeteic pyrrhus » Wed May 12, 2010 12:42 pm

im also a longtime lurker....hmm and i like turkey sandwiches...fav ep is of course 19....oh, and about that question i had to answer in order to register....the one that asked where the Nerv pyramid was located, does anyone know the answer? as an eva fan i cant believe it wasn't "lillith's egg"

Return to “Old Stickies”