Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Re: Official Welcome Thread

Postby TehDonutKing » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:22 am

/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:55 pm

Welocme back, Mugs! :w00:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:07 pm

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:Welocme back, Mugs! :w00:

I can't believe it, how long has it been?

Anyway, welcome back Mugwump!
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:07 am

Ah, Lil. Still the town welcome wagon. What warmth this familiarity brings to my reptilian heart. A hot tea in the gauzy winter of my soul.

How has the implacable advancement of time, and thus the gradual encroachment of death, been treating you?

Justacrazyguy wrote:I can't believe it, how long has it been?

It would have been three years next Friday. Hardly the forever I promised.

Though what promises I keep tend to carry with them the malleable excisions of spite and technicality. Suppose three years could have been an eternity in the hyperbolic time of this dusty rabbit hole.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New to Evangelion

Postby Ornette » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:38 am

View Original PostMrGeekBoi wrote:Thanks Dima. I look forward to whiling away many an hour at this board, discussing my new favorite anime show. If I may ask, what are some other anime you get into? I'm into a wide variety - Samurai Champloo, Fruits Basket, FLCL, InuYasha was my first love as far as anime goes.

thread/4043/What-are-your-other-favorite-anime/

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:06 am

Oh hey, my favorite shitposter and pervert-about-town is back. neato.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

MrGeekBoi
Embryo

Postby MrGeekBoi » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:32 am

So I just got to the part where all the craziness hits the fan. SPOILER - when that Evangelion started eating the Angel I just about flipped out. Then Shinji was transmuted into the pod's biofluid. Insane! I love it!

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:44 am

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:Ah, Lil. Still the town welcome wagon. What warmth this familiarity brings to my reptilian heart. A hot tea in the gauzy winter of my soul.

How has the implacable advancement of time, and thus the gradual encroachment of death, been treating you?
Pretty much the same as always. It's been a few years but nothing much has changed. How have things been with you?
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:37 am

Oh Nemzy. Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?

child of Lilith wrote:How have things been with you?

Suppose over a long enough period of time, things tend to level out to fine.

Had more identity crises than I could count. Found a wonderful job in catering, which frequently doesn't pay on time, and where checks often bounce. My manager is a seventy-something year old drag queen who is always in a bad mood. Quit a tedious office job where the boss's sister and nephew were my only coworkers. They thought they could separate home life from work life--obviously, tragically couldn't, and elevated passive-aggression to an art form. Had a mild anxiety attack. Got better. Started working out with weights, and shaving my head; now I look like a caricature of a club bouncer. Wanted to get in shape, and the hair loss had advanced beyond the manageable stage. (To think, in my heart, I see myself as eternally youthful.) The opposite sex began to adore me for reasons I still haven't entirely figured out. (Naturally assume my complete and utter indifference drives the ladies wild.) A small harem of black women took to grabbing my ass. White women kept their distance and stared longingly while my head was turned. Began preying on innocent virgin boys, but only to the point where I knew they wanted me back, so I could leave them cold. (Doubt my lack of interest in dating will ever evaporate. Would simply like a small, submissive geek boy I can boss around.) Befriended surly drag queen manager, who doesn't want to nail me, despite making myself quite available. (Can probably see right through me--her majesty has second sight in her old age.) Recently overcame a severe bought of writers block, partly by ironing from my soul of the last wrinkles of guilt politics, leaving me free to write amoral burlesques with no pretense toward moralistic satire. Feeling for the first time, in a very long time, quite myself, with no caveats.

So yes, fine. A bit more than fine.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:21 am

Sounds like life has been treating you well, Muggy. Glad to hear it!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:17 pm

You've been very busy over the past few years. ^_^

I'm glad things are going so well for you. I was bit worried when you decided to leave, but you seem to have reached a good place.

OmegaDroid
Embryo

Postby OmegaDroid » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:11 am

Hello Everyone! :)

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Sicarius VI » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:27 am

Welcome!
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:08 am

Welcome back, Chuckman!

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:58 pm

Welcome Back ElMariachi! The forum hasn't been the same without you!

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:40 am

Welcome back, ElMariachi!

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Dima » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:29 pm

I wasn't aware that ElMariachi left the forum :headscratch:

Anyway, welcome back El!
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:42 pm

Welcome back Kenny! It's been ages!

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:59 pm

Welcome back, Kendrix!

Boethiah
Embryo

Postby Boethiah » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:17 am

H-hi, everyone...

Return to “Old Stickies”