Official Welcome Thread

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Lumiere
Embryo

Postby Lumiere » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:19 am

Hello everyone, nice to meet you all :) Happy to join!
Ramiel yells too much.

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Gorbatschow » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:05 pm

View Original PostLumiere wrote:Hello everyone, nice to meet you all :) Happy to join!

Hi there ^_^ Have fun.
Avatar: Mugen no Juunin- coloured by me | UserPic: Last month's avatar (Eden: It's an endless World)
__
"Everyone has the right to self-determination and every try to classify a human being as better, dumber, worse or gentical assessed is pure fascism and everyone in this country should actually know that“- Serdar Somuncu

“Intelligent men do not decide any subject until they have carefully examined both or all sides of it. Fools, cowards, and those too lazy to think, accept blindly, without examining dogmas and doctrines imposed upon them in childhood by their parents, priests, and teachers, when their minds could not reason.” - James Hervey Johnson

“Science doesn’t give absolute answers; it only shows the most presumable contingency based on actual, practical or theoretical evidences.” – My physics teacher

Christian
Embryo

Postby Christian » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:20 am

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and just stopped by to say hello.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:35 am

Welcome to EGF. Watch out for some folks around here: they'll use you a while, then it's over the shoulder.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:15 am

^ I don't even know what that means, but it's probably a joke.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:45 am

It is. Also, it's a reference. We've all gotta have our little shticks, right?
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:43 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:^ I don't even know what that means, but it's probably a joke.

It's kind of like how I sucked out Reichu's brains waitwhat

Bobss
Embryo

Postby Bobss » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:10 pm

Hey, ladies and gents.

I decided to join the forum after using your wealth of discussed material to enhance my rewatch of the original series/theatrical editions for the past week!

... and I'm also currently collecting various Eva-related artbooks. :lol:

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:38 pm

Welcome! Help yourself to the snacks and find a clean place to stand while clean up all the... fluids.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:45 am

Welcome to EGF. May Angels lead you in.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:18 pm

Just dropped in to see what's up. Glad to see EGF hasn't fallen into the abyss just yet. Haven't been here in a long time. How is everyone?
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:00 pm

B-but this is the abyss!

Hello Brik, how are ya?

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:30 pm

Great to see you, Brik! We're all Admins now and we have some fresh blood as Mods, so be very afraid. ;)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:39 pm

Hey Brik, get back in the IRC. We need more people to idle with.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:55 pm

Haus?

Haus!

HAAUUUSS!!
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:01 pm

View Original PostBrikHaus wrote:Just dropped in to see what's up. Glad to see EGF hasn't fallen into the abyss just yet. Haven't been here in a long time. How is everyone?

holy shit you're alive.

Nice to hear from you, anyway! :)

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:06 pm

Good to see BrikHaus back again.

NemZ, Xard, and I became mods. (I changed my avatar for the first time ever in acknowledgement of the major change. Haven't changed it again since.) The existing mods got promoted to admin.

The Rebuild subforum has been its usual hotbed of activity and strife.

Chee left. Recently.

That's all the news I can think of on the spot.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:10 pm

Welcome back, BrikHaus. Glad you finally decided to come back here again.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:51 pm

Thanks, everyone! :D
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:05 pm

Good to see you're still the same, Herr Doktor Haus. I visit Awesomely Shitty pretty often, by the way.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “Old Stickies”