WTF is your avatar and sig from?(h)

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:03 am

The scratchy fabric of his medical gown threatened to swallow up his figure as the boy gazed off into the distance, eyes focused on something only he could see. His eyes were black pits, dead, the life sucked out of them into the ether. This was the state to which the pariah had been reduced to, this pathetic shell of a human being.

The captain's gloves curled into shaking fists as she looked down at the boy. She forcibly unclenched her hands and raised them to the height of his neck. He didn't react in the slightest, eyes still searching the invisible distance. She moved her hands to his shoulders. Nothing.

It was only when her hands curled around his throat that she was forced to look away, the salt stinging at the corners of her eyes. He reacted then, vacantly lifting up his arms to grab hold of her own. But it was in a lifeless way, as if he were resting his hands on something instead of clinging to what was rapidly sucking his life away.

And still her fingers crushed the life out of his body, until his arms fell to his sides and whatever dim light of curiosity had been behind his dead eyes had vanished.

Then she could no longer hold back the tears.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:09 am

Ouch! - but well done...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:59 am

And through her teared vision, Misato Katsuragi saw an impossible apparition: Rei Ayanami, with her school uniform, looking at her with her usual impassible expression behind which Misato could, inexplicably, perceive the icing glare of hurt, judgment and rage.
Then Misato raised her eyes, and saw above the impossible apparition of Rei the huge and menacing silhouette of Unit 01 cracking its knuckles and whose face definitively, which somehow managed to break from her cage in the main engines and tear every floor to where Misato currently was.
And has she diverted her look from the definitively very angry purple and -red?- behemoth, Misato noticed the lifeless husk of Shinji Ikari, still hanging from her grip on his neck, the proud and fierce Captain of the AAA Wunder fleet's face suddenly lost a good two of three dozen shade of colors, while the apparition of Rei Ayanami was imitating a cutting throat movement with her hand.
"W... wait, I can expla-"
Misato Katsuragi's last words were punctuated by her last sight of a bright light as EVA-01 threw an eyebeam at her, vaporizing her on the spot alongside the floor, half of the quarantine zone, the kitchen and mess that was in the floor below, a good quarter of the residential area another floor below, missing Mari Makinami Illustrious that was in her cabin restroom by roughly four centimeters ("What the Bloody Hell!" will be her later comment of the events as she realizes that her left twintail sadly didn't shared her chance) and the shared toilets yet another floor below.

Last sighting of Unit 01 was it leaving the crashed Wunder and heading toward the ruins of Tokyo-3, some crew members swearing that they could hear the nightmarish beast muttering something about "breaking the face and stupid pose out of that stupid neckbeard for leaving our family in such a sorry state", others swearing that they rather heard another, younger voice emanating from the Demon and saying "I'm gonna poka poka my foot down where the manhood of that fucking bishonen pianist for putting Ikari-kun through this poorly-thought excuse of plan of his!"

@PW: even with the position of her thumb, the rest of the fingers encircling his neck like that is a movement more fitting if she was putting a heavy metallic shackle, not an almost weightless choker.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Lavinius » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:02 am

'Tis Mayard, about to shut your creepy gay fremen project down.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:37 pm

Neat avie, pwhodges but I have to agree with Bags and it is, to me at least, a rather combination of bleak/disturbing/heartbreaking/gut wrenching. If Shin-can decides to initiate Final/5th Impact, she can proceed to strangle him/shoot him.

^_^

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:03 pm

Oh my!

Full pic  SPOILER: Show
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Agentomega » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:29 am

Because I was suddenly made self-conscious of my old avatar, I've decided to throw up my main from Final Fantasy X|V, Rhoe Amariyo.

Full Image  SPOILER: Show
[URL=http://imgur.com/Pr4Gb6I]Image[/URL]
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sorrow » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:43 am

I apologise if I made it seem like the amount of Bowie avatars was a bad thing and needed to be changed. I just found it curious that so many here, of all places, should have him for an avatar; and stranger still that they should, seemingly without explanation, gather in the same topic(s) is all.

It wasn't meant to be critical - I'm rather fond of Bowie myself.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Agentomega » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:43 am

Perish the thought. I kinda felt like I should be changing it anyway. I'm just using that as an excuse XD
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:50 pm

No more Bowie? :sniffle: Eh. At least we have BP's Bowie-bulge era photo to keep it alive.

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

Postby Omegagouki » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:34 am

The time has come in this avatar series for the troll who represents my place on the Zodiac to make her appearance. Welcome to my avatar space, Terezi! At least for a month. Also in celebration, my sig has been edited to resemble her typing style. -o-;
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:36 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:No more Bowie? :sniffle:

Don't worry, someone dumped enough Bowie in the Moonwalk to last us for a while.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:46 pm

Reichu, WTF is your avatar?!

:cringe:

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:05 pm

It's Nanami Kiryuu from Revolutionary Girl Utena
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:27 pm

Yeah, what pwhodges said.

I've been rewatching RGU with my boyfriend and we reached the cowbell episode yesterday. I was laughing so much I figured I might as use Nanami as my next avatar.

(Original)

This also symbolizes my deep personal anxiety that I'm just a cow of a woman whom everyone is laughing at behind her back. I guess.

Custom user text reads "Urusai wa ne, mou", which would normally just be a girly way to say "Shut up already", but when Nanami says it she enunciates the "mou" like she's a cow. (Cattle say "mou" in Japanese.)

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:29 pm

Okay, the sheer lunacy of the original image has made me want to look up the source anime.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:38 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:made me want to look up the source anime.
Do it!
SPOILER: Show
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:16 pm

Utena is a little scarce on mecha and daikaijuu, though.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:27 pm

Utena's already on my radar; I'm just busy plugging through other things. Nice avi, though.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:13 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Utena is a little scarce on mecha and daikaijuu, though.

That doesn't stop it from being the shoujo "sister" to NGE, though!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “Old Stickies”