What anime are you watching right now? Sep2011-May2012

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:30 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:

setsuna's stalker reminds me of Gauron from full metal panic.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:37 pm

If people thought my theatre was good I will continue (I should improve too practice makes perfect). It took me a lot longer to make than I initially thought it would.
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:42 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:If people thought my theatre was good I will continue (I should improve too practice makes perfect). It took me a lot longer to make than I initially thought it would.
it made me chuckle, who knows maybe one day you'll have your own show like TDSA. lol

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:44 pm

I'm having trouble committing to anything right now. All the anime I'm watching are so goddamn mediocre, it's a chore to sit through more than 2-3 episodes. Resisting the urge to drop everything is difficult.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:49 pm

View Original PostBrikHaus wrote:I'm having trouble committing to anything right now. All the anime I'm watching are so goddamn mediocre, it's a chore to sit through more than 2-3 episodes. Resisting the urge to drop everything is difficult.

newer anime tends to have that effect on people,at that point isn't it better to go watch something good you know you'll enjoy.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:55 pm

You could get some recommendations from me, Brik. :cool: BTW, neat theater, FM.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

Postby chazthesilencer » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Marvellous show Azathoth, I eagerly await the next performance.
Personally, I thought Frontier was a fun, little romp.
I like fun.
and Green haired chicks.

======================

Finished Lyrical Nanoha (series 1)
A good ending. The twist of fate (that is- Fate’s twist) was hardly innovative- in fact- the entire show wasn’t very innovative, but it worked. Solid C grade stuff.
:bow: Mr. Tines’ stock continues to rise.

======================

I haven't got round to viewing Merri's Kawajiri recommendations yet- but I recently stumbled across The Running Man.
Watched it raw, which was a first for me, but there wasn’t much spoken anyway. I’m pretty sure I heard a “THIS SUCKS” in the first monologue however.
It tells the story of some guy with the super ability to turn into a Crocodile.

…or at least the mouth part.

It was strangely hypnotic, dark and had some gorgeously animated fiery explosions.
I’d recommend it. Not a bad investment of 15 minutes of your time.

======================

Since moving to Slovenia- I’ve discovered that CrunchyRoll doesn’t/can’t play advertisements in the middle of their videos…
This would be very good news if I wanted to watch nonsense like Naruto and Moritasan wa Mukuchi; unfortunately though, nonsense like Macademi Wasshoi! is now out of bounds. At least I still have Koihime Musō
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:46 pm

You can pick up "Running Man" subbed along with 2 other works under Neo Tokyo, which is pretty awesome.

I know it was released on DVD (I only have it on VHS which kind of sucks), but not sure about its availability offhand.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:07 pm

View Original Postchazthesilencer wrote:Marvellous show Azathoth, I eagerly await the next performance.

You may be waiting for quite some time...screenshot theater doesn't really work for movies, in my experience, and the two MF films aside, I'm fresh out of Macross with the exception of that one M7 OVA that Xard recommended, and M7 itself, which I do not intend to get involved with. And not much else outside the Macross franchise has the proper blend of silliness/fun and any attribute that would make me want to continue watching the show.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:35 pm

View Original PostBrikHaus wrote:I'm having trouble committing to anything right now. All the anime I'm watching are so goddamn mediocre, it's a chore to sit through more than 2-3 episodes. Resisting the urge to drop everything is difficult.

that's why you should watch good anime and not bad anime

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:16 pm

Gundam 00 theatre Episode 2 enter Gram Aker the crazy stalker

SPOILER: Show
So since last we left our heroes they announced their organization and its name celestial being. How did they announce you ask what other way is there for a self righteous terrorist organization to announce it’s plans they sent a tape to the local t.v. station. There were lots of theories floating around about CB and it’s plans but Louise’s explanation took the cake.
That’s right everybody they are all volunteers according to Louise. God Saji why are you dating this bimbo oh wait I just answered that question.
Mean while in Billy’s car Billy wonders why in the hell is Gram in his car and not at work.
Then Gram starts to talk about why he likes the gundam. While Gram is having a fangasium Billy is trying to figure out just what in the hell is the gundam but Billy does not get anywhere as Gram’s otakuness is a constant distraction.
Then Billy thinks he is done hearing about Gram’s ramblings when a man shows up to give them a mission but Gram still won’t shut up. Then Gram says a very stalker like thing.
Elsewhere the members of CB get ready for their next mission. And in order to properly start the gundam Dynames Lock on must shove his Haro into the control panel. Nothing sexual about that.
Now as the leader of the gundam team Lockon gets the utmost respect from his fellow members. NAW I’m just screwing with you no one on the gundam team respects lockon as a leader. No one ever even listens to him.
So Setsuna you are a twenty foot metallic death machine. Okay there that brain washing you went through must have screwed with your head and you are really confusing Lockon. BTW Setsuna you should be careful about what you say there is this crazy otaku running around you should be careful.
So Setsuna runs off to do his own thing. And the much respected leader lockon is left to look after the crazy gundam otaku setsuna.
Oh and remember that box of death from episode 1 zeta gundam now has it and is using it the way it was designed to be used by killing unarmed soilders!
Then after taking care of all the bad guys Setsuna rambles on about being a gundam and how there is no god but gundam then team kills the guys he just helped how nice of him!
Then after the mission is finished Ribbons asks Alihandro Corner if he can play a game of Parcheesi with his many female friends but Corner says no so sorry Ribbons no action for you tonight :(
Then while on his way home minding his own business Setsuna encounters his number 1 fan Gram
Setsuna then asks who the hell he is and Gram replys in the most stalker way possible.
Gram then starts to talk about how they were destined to meet. Gram then sends Setsuna his E harmony account information hoping they can go out some time.
Setsuna then says no and Gram gets mad and they have a sword fight. Gram then comments on how big Setsuna’s sword is (nothing gay about that)
Gram then proceeds to grab Setsuna’s metal sword and take it home with him (Still nothing gay about that)
Setsuna then proceeds to call the police and then gets a restraining order from Gram (but we all know Gram won’t let a silly piece of paper get in his way of his current obsession)

Next episode Ribbons actually gets a line. Gram says even more stalker stuff and Setsuna dances with the wild bear of Russia
Episode 3: “I like to watch how about you”
“Shut the F*** up Ribbons!”
Last edited by Final Messenger on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:22 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:- image -

I like some "moeshit" shows and good anime.

What does that make me?

Also started watching Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai...

except then the video froze like 6 minutes in and then wouldn't play after that
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:32 pm

A Moefo.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:42 pm

just finished watching shakugan no shana III final, I'm somewhat interested.
yuji with long hair FTW.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

MY WALLET'S GOT THE MAROMI FEVER

Postby Killer Bee » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:34 am

Just finished Paranoia Agent. I finally decided to watch it after seeing a clip of the OP on YouTube.

It was pretty good. A little boring in the middle and some pointless (but entertaining) filler toward the end, but the last two episodes were really good. I've really become a fan of Satoshi Kon lately and it's unfortunate that he's gone.

Also, I've searched around for Maromi merch but haven't been able to find so much as a keychain. I thought there must be at least a plush or something. Was the show really not that popular when it aired?

Now I'm going to try and not drop Infinite Stratos for the fourth time.

Merridian
Angel
Angel

Re: MY WALLET'S GOT THE MAROMI FEVER

Postby Merridian » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:38 am

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:Also, I've searched around for Maromi merch but haven't been able to find so much as a keychain. I thought there must be at least a plush or something. Was the show really not that popular when it aired?
I have a little plush Maromi that came with some kind of deluxe edition of the R1 DVD. It's cute, but it's kind of creepy.

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby CorporalChaos » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:50 am

I've watched all the episodes of Penguindrum that are out at the moment.

Toying with the idea of picking up Mirai Nikki. (Decent story, not sure if I want to deal with the clusterfuck of an ending the manga had.)

My friend got a copy of the Mardock Scramble movie, so hopefully I'll be watching that in glorious 1080p in the next few days.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Maromi's cute because he's creepy.

Postby Killer Bee » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:51 am

View Original PostMerridian wrote:I have a little plush Maromi that came with some kind of deluxe edition of the R1 DVD. It's cute, but it's kind of creepy.

Yeah, that seems to be the only plush Maromi in existence. Of course, it's impossible to find now.

EDIT: Found another one, but it's a jumbo plush and isn't very cute at all, not to mention long sold out everywhere.

Why do these people make it so hard for me to give them my money? :asuka_sad:

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:56 am

Watched Fate Zero Episode 4. It was pretty good, though I wish they hadn't stopped the fight every five seconds so they could talk some more. That's the kind of crap I expect from so stupid shonen anime, not from something like this.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Meh, maybe I like it better in hindsight... B/

Postby Alaska Slim » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:01 am

View Original PostBrikHaus wrote:I'm having trouble committing to anything right now.

Maybe you should just try watching films or a short OVA series.

On that, I'll be watching Silent Service (6 episodes). I'm not done with Gasaraki yet, only up to 19, but I think I'm going to pace it down, maybe an episode a night.

This isn't due to the show per se, but I've gone through nearly 100 episodes and three films of anime this week. My eyes are glazing over just a bit.

That said, Gasaraki I've noticed does have its share of problems, and I think I know why now its popularity faltered in Japan.

Thought I knew what I was getting into, but like Eva, it pulled a bait and switch, in this case going from a mecha action show, to something that's sort of GitS:SAC-lite with more mystical elements. I love SAC, but it managed to give spotlight episodes to flesh out each of its cast, this show has not, and its cast for it feels sort of flat and ill-defined, especially when it comes to the two main pilots.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Return to “Old Stickies”