Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:13 pm

^
I´ve already read this season of Kaiji.

Bricks will be shat.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:39 pm

View Original PostLoCooLaidman wrote:I'll start on deadman Wonderland when it gets further...

That show has one of the coolest premises of any of the shows from this season. I know Tokpile read some of the manga and said it was pretty good but I don't know anything else about the show.

View Original PostMasonFighter wrote:Is no one following this season of Kaiji? It's been really exciting so far.

When I started this season, I kept getting the feeling that I've seen all this before. By the second episode I realized that I saw all of this in the live action movie, it's all very fuzzy, maybe I was drunk when I saw the movie. I've always kind of liked the series, it's not as good or engaging as Akagi and not as edge of your seat as One Outs, but I thought the whole idiot-retard-complete-utter-loser fighting against an impossibly large and complicatingly intricate organizational giant was kind of cool, eventhough you know the guy's an idiot and will never beat the big guys, even if sometimes it seems likely (i.e. the carrot).

&amp

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:59 pm

View Original PostMasonFighter wrote:Is no one following this season of Kaiji? It's been really exciting so far.

Could tell from the beginning he would lose in ep.3, so not that exciting for me~~~~~ all the more unbearable to hear him laughing triumphantly and madly when he thought he won....
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:11 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Could tell from the beginning he would lose in ep.3, so not that exciting for me~~~~~

Kaiji is all about the protagonist being thrown around like a bag of potatoes in the beginning, then rising back up again and win just to lose it all again.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:26 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Kaiji is all about the protagonist being thrown around like a bag of potatoes in the beginning, then rising back up again and win just to lose it all again.

Guess that's why I drop both anime and manga in the middle...

Anyway, ep.2 of Ano hana is still very good. I love the drilling down of relationship between Anal and Tsuruko, and how Poppo pulled along others in doing something for Menma. I did not expect Poppo would come so ready to believe Jintan... Great episode.

BTW, the long awaited new volume of Haruhi novels (Suzumiya Haruhi no Kyougaku / Haruhi Suzumiya's astonishment) has broken the record of number of volumes first published for light novel - 2 volumes to be published on May 25th which form one arc called "Suzumiya Haruhi no Kyougaku", each volume will have 513,000 copies printed. Good sales figures could mean good chance for Haruhi III....
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:32 pm

Who´s that girl in the right picture?

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:40 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Who´s that girl in the right picture?

Sasaki... for details, check :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ha ... characters

Bonus point if you can find her name in the movie...
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

MasonFighter
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby MasonFighter » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:50 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Could tell from the beginning he would lose in ep.3, so not that exciting for me~~~~~ all the more unbearable to hear him laughing triumphantly and madly when he thought he won....

So, did I. I've read it all, anyways. It's just exciting to see it adapted, and knowing that
SPOILER: Show
HE HATES IT.
"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."
"Wars are rarely fought between good and evil; Most are between one good and another good."

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:27 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Good sales figures could mean good chance for Haruhi III....

Let's hope so.

Stein's Gate is really good. Unfortunately I get impatient with shows I like.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:59 am

Watched Ano Hi Mita Hanu and Madoka. Ano was really good but Madoka was amazing. I very glad it surpassed my expectations.
I really loved seeing Mami again. Seeing her giving Madoka advice like she used to was one of my favorite parts of the ending.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:36 am

Watched Denpa Onna with subs.

THAT ED

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:04 am

Posting what I posted to Madoka thread already:

FUCK YES SHINBO YOU DID THE IMPOSSIBLE

A perfect ending to a brilliant, brilliant series.

In other news, AnoHana's 2nd episode was wonderful and C continued on the same "promising even if not great yet" path.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

kuwisdelu
Lilith

Postby kuwisdelu » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:11 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Good sales figures could mean good chance for Haruhi III....

If there is never a third season of Haruhi, there is no justice in this world.

Also, OMFG MADOKA.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:20 pm

Watched the first episode of steins gate, gotta say its the most promising first episode I've seen this year so I'll be keeping up with this series.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:15 pm

Watched Gosick. It was good but the main dude needs a swift kick in the nuts again.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

Spud
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Spud » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:36 pm

So I finally got around to watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I have only watched four episodes but I can already tell this show will be amazing. I can see why you all have talked about it so much.

So now that I went and added yet another series to my plate I have to figure out a way to balance it all out.
Today was first four episodes of PMMM and some Honey and Clover
Tomorrow will be more PMMM (plan on getting up to episode seven or eight) with some Toradora! (also a fun series)
Monday will be whats left of PMMM and what ever I feel in the mood for.

Wow, who would have thought I would be this into anime?

Oh and I need to finish watching Macross Plus (I have only seen the first episode)
�We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.� ~ Carlos Castaneda
"Blessed, truly blessed, are those who have not known devastation " Antigone

I am the Verizon of the desert

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:29 pm

Watched eps 2 and 3 of steins gate. This series is awesome, if it keeps up this quality there's a good chance this could be my favorite series of the year.

Steins gate kind of reminds me of chaos head, but it does what chaos head tried to do in a much more competant way.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:12 pm

Watched episode 2 of Deadman Wonderland. It was alright. I was glad to see the main guy finally develop a spine.

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

Postby chazthesilencer » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:20 am

Finished Letter Bee (Tegami Bachi). Another sage suggestion from :bow: Mr.Tines.

Though the ending did miss the 3Rs as he noted, it was indeed a fun trip.

The names of people and places were amusing. Lag Seeing for example; considering all the tears in his eye(s)- I imagine his sight would be a little impaired.
and lets not forget the stone-cold badass- JIGGY PEPPER!
CrunchyRolLOL  SPOILER: Show
Before-
After-

Ah CrunchyRoll, always good for a laugh. Apparently it only takes an ad break to go from desert to dessert time. I wonder if they eat Jomon sausages...
Despite all the tears flooding the show, I'd say ep47 had one of the few, really touching scenes; family moments just get to me...

Niche is an adorable, little monster with a
A proper  SPOILER: Show
babe sister.
Hair clothing = Awesome.
My only major complaint lies with the fact that they gave a RACK to a prepubescent. That was somewhat sickening :angry:

Despite that, the 50 episode run had a lot of positives. Recommended.
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:58 am

View Original Postchazthesilencer wrote:My only major complaint lies with the fact that they gave a RACK to a prepubescent.
Many anime lolis have adult bodies with large heads -- at least Niche wasn't as extreme an example of the style as Furude Rika, say. Also, dude, she's
200 years old! At least she kept her figure and isn't like the crone in Dororon Enma-kun.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Old Stickies”