MP Eva Souls

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Oedipusfoot » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:52 pm

I don't think there are souls in the MP Evas, but I wonder how they work. I thought the Dummy Plug System allowed an Eva to activate but didn't allow it to move.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:19 pm

Congratulations. You win the "Dumbest Post of the day" award.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Deathmask
Lilith

Postby Deathmask » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:21 pm

Oedipusfoot wrote:I don't think there are souls in the MP Evas, but I wonder how they work. I thought the Dummy Plug System allowed an Eva to activate but didn't allow it to move.

But then...

how did they?
<X> i dropped my book for this conversation
<ZapalacX> i dropped my pants for this conversation
<Anti> I wasn't serious.
<ZapalacX> i was
<ZapalacX> i'm not even joking
<ZapalacX> look at my face
<ZapalacX> :|

Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Oedipusfoot » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:24 pm

ZapalacX wrote:Congratulations. You win the "Dumbest Post of the day" award.

I am telling you, I was born to do this.

Action_Bastard
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Action_Bastard » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:08 am

@Oedipusfoot:

May I please direct you to the top right corner of the screen.

If you don't want to look to far though, here is a link for you: [url]http://www.evageeks.org/FGP/Main_Page[/url]

Now...have at it.

Also, what you have been saying has been discussed in this thread and others.
REBUILD ≠ SERIES! GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK F***ING SKULLS!! :fistshake:
MyAnimeList

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:32 pm

Otakon 08 Ikari wrote:I still believe they are just Kaworu copies

Well the plugs that entered the MP EVAs in EoE before they launched had "Kaworu" on them. So the MP EVAs are run via the dummy plug system.
Last edited by Joseph the PRPD on Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:44 pm

Joseph the PRPD wrote:Well the plugs that entered the MP EVAs in EoE before they launched had "Kaworu" on them. So the MP EVAs are run via the dummy plug system.

This doesn't have anything to do with whose souls are in them.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Action_Bastard
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Action_Bastard » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:16 pm

Joseph the PRPD wrote:Well the plugs that entered the MP EVAs in EoE before they launched had "Kaworu" on them. So the MP EVAs are run via the dummy plug system

You are confusing that Kaworu's thought patterns are in the dummy plug with the possible identity of the souls in the MP. What you said was redundant.
REBUILD ≠ SERIES! GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK F***ING SKULLS!! :fistshake:
MyAnimeList

Zeruel
Adam

Postby Zeruel » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:30 pm

Maybe Seele developed new technology or developed a new design process for the MP Eva's that didn't require souls and could be run efficiently with out the need of a human pilot either. Maybe there whole design was established specifically for the dummy plug.

SPOILER: Show
sorry for the previous locked topic for some reason when I did search this didn't come up and the other one had a last post in 2005 and was not going to necro post.
Why in God's name would I wanna keep writing about characters whose central preoccupation are weed and dick and fart jokes? I mean, ya gotta grow man. Don't you ever want anything more for yourself? I know this poor hapless son of a bitch does. I look into his sorry doe eyes and I just, I see a man crying out. He's crying out, "When Lord? When the fuck can your servant ditch this foul-mouthed little chucklehead to whom I am a constant victim of his folly, so much so that it prevents him from ever getting to kiss a girl! Fuck! When, Lord when? WHENS GONNA BE MY TIME?

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Allemann » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:34 pm

If SEELE solved the energy problem with an artificial S2 organ (though, in this case, the adjective is redundant), and the pilot problem with the dummy plug, I see no reason why they didn't solve the soul problem with some device. These people really have better scientists than Ritsuko.

skikes
Israfel
Israfel

Postby skikes » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:40 pm

View Original PostAction_Bastard wrote:You are confusing that Kaworu's thought patterns are in the dummy plug with the possible identity of the souls in the MP. What you said was redundant.

If you can control an eva using thought paterns which are transferred from the dummy plug system (Rei tank) to the entry plug, couldn't a soul work in the same manner? Have one soul linked up to multiple eva? Or clone a soul...

I don't usually indulge in fan wanking but i like eva soul topics.
What if I don't want to live in the real world?

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:44 pm

View Original PostAllemann wrote:These people really have better scientists than Ritsuko.

Despite this, Nerv is really the only group of people capable of creating an Eva, and Ritsuko is one of the leading masterminds behind it. I wouldn't be surprised if the other Nerv branches are more or less following a manual.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Allemann » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:56 pm

It seems scientists in other NERV branches outgrew the manual. And the Eva technology was developed prior to Ritsuko's employment (Project-E).

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:05 pm

View Original PostAllemann wrote:It seems scientists in other NERV branches outgrew the manual. And the Eva technology was developed prior to Ritsuko's employment (Project-E).

It is only natural for the Nerv branches to experiment a bit (the S2 engine, and magnificent wings, for example). Thus is the nature of progressive business; take what's been done and make it better.

And the Eva technology may have been developed prior to Ritsuko coming along, but she is still the expert in Eva technology after the passing of Naoko Akagi and probably knows more about the inner workings of an Evangelion than anybody else in the world.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Allemann » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:10 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:And the Eva technology may have been developed prior to Ritsuko coming along, but she is still the expert in Eva technology after the passing of Naoko Akagi and probably knows more about the inner workings of an Evangelion than anybody else in the world.

Where was it stated she's a leading expert? The most capable scientist in the Japanese NERV branch, no doubt, but the real R&D, closely controlled by SEELE, is in other NERV branches. Going by the MP Evangelions, Ritsuko is unneeded.

Zeruel
Adam

Postby Zeruel » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:23 pm

Agreed, Ritsuko was integral in developing Evangelions. But from a weapons R&D development stand point the MP Eva's were the most advance Eva's developed and from what we can assume Ritsuko had nothing to do with there development except maybe her theory's and analysis from developing the previous Eva's.

Unless stated specifically I see no reason to believe the Harpy's had any soul in them what so ever.
Last edited by Zeruel on Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why in God's name would I wanna keep writing about characters whose central preoccupation are weed and dick and fart jokes? I mean, ya gotta grow man. Don't you ever want anything more for yourself? I know this poor hapless son of a bitch does. I look into his sorry doe eyes and I just, I see a man crying out. He's crying out, "When Lord? When the fuck can your servant ditch this foul-mouthed little chucklehead to whom I am a constant victim of his folly, so much so that it prevents him from ever getting to kiss a girl! Fuck! When, Lord when? WHENS GONNA BE MY TIME?

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Allemann » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:25 pm

View Original PostZeruel wrote:Unless stated specifically I see no reason to believe the Harpy's had any soul in them what so ever.

They probably have something that mimicks the soul's function. A soul emulator, so to speak.

Zeruel
Adam

Postby Zeruel » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:30 pm

Well of course because from what we have seen and what has been discussed they must have a soul or something resembling one in the Eva's to operate. Maybe Kaworu's dummy plug system was way more advanced than the Rei dummy plug and not only did it mimic k the pilots thought process but also tricked the Eva's core into believing it had a soul itself. Akin to something Artificial ? Ala Ghost in the Shell??

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Allemann » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:37 pm

As souls cannot be destroyed or created (Where did the First Ancestral Race get them in the first place?), I'm inclined to believe the emulator is of a mechanical nature. Whether is the dummy plug or a seperate advice depends on the person's taste.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:38 pm

View Original PostAllemann wrote:Going by the MP Evangelions, Ritsuko is unneeded.

No where did I say she was needed for the MPEs. The Mass Production Evangelions were, as the name tells us, mass produced. Their design is based off the original Evangelions, in which Ritsuko had deep involvement, but they are, agreeably, more advanced. All I am suggesting is that nobody was able to create an Evangelion unless they referred back to the original Project-E files (or something along those lines), in which Ritsuko is deeply related.

View Original PostZeruel wrote:Unless stated specifically I see no reason to believe the Harpy's had any soul in them what so ever.

They could just be nine random souls which are either compatible with or over-ridden by the Kaworu Dummy Plug.
Last edited by Sachi on Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Sachi

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”