Yen to Dollars conversion in 1995-money?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
V
Banned

Yen to Dollars conversion in 1995-money?

Postby V » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:46 pm

we can't simply use a conversion website because the conversion rate was different in the mid-90's

what was the conversion rate?

for example, if they're charging "30 yen a piece" for pictures of Asuka when she first arrives...what does that mean in today's money? A complicated question
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:03 pm

(A) You can look up old conversion rates. (Honestly, you expect anyone to magically know this off the bat? If someone want to find out what it is, they have to look it up!)
(B) What you really want is the yen conversion rate for a fictional version of 2015, not the mid-90s. Which is, of course, impossible.

Hence, this topic is both an alternative to independent information-finding AND retarded, hence I have to make good on that warning I sent you.

Fare thee well, V.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:25 pm

Just for the record, I googled "old money conversion" (there was already a google suggestion for this, then tried "historical money conversion", looked at the results and decided to go even a bit more specific: historical money conversions yen dollar

yielded this link: http://fx.sauder.ubc.ca/data.html

This is internet 101, if anyone isn't able to do that, I don't think you should be on the internet.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”