Body posture

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Zaque
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zaque » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:23 pm

AuraTwilight wrote:*coughcoughAkiraKatsuragicoughcough*

When did he get a first name?
Everything is subject to change.

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:24 pm

Reichu invented it. Don't ask.
[/opinion]
[size=75]My (fan-)fiction [color=blue]

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:30 pm

AuraTwilight wrote:
***What Gendo then did, was he took recovered genetic material of Yui's that was left in Eva-01's entry plug, and used it to create a clone of Yui.....

Rei's creation, body and soul, was a failed salvage attempt of Yui. Plus, there should technically be no genetic material of Yui's left over.

No, and we're pretty certain on this one: she's got Lilith's soul.

like GLaDOS and her realization that humans like cake and parties.

I don't play "Portal". Suddenly, to be an anime fan its a prerequisite to play a non-anime video game?

Granted it was pretty popular, but when I was at AnimeBoston every 3rd person was talking about "cake" and they had that Rei-"I'm Still Alive" AMV (funny in and of itself, actually) but I didn't know what they were referring to. (nevermind; it was a fairly simple joke to understand, vs the...(shudder) "you lost the Game" "game"....I seriously beat a child violently about the head and shoulders after he did it one too many times (it didn't help that we were all trapped on registration line for literally nine hours)
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:07 pm

AuraTwilight wrote:*coughcoughAkiraKatsuragicoughcough*

Whoa, where did this theory come from? Evidence please... preferably in the form of linkage.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:54 pm

NemZ wrote:Whoa, where did this theory come from?

From AnimeNation's forums aboard a Liberian-registered freighter, hidden in the bottom of a crate of AKMs. Reichu is generally suspected of organizing and funding the operation, but nothing has ever been conclusively proven.

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:45 pm

BobBQ wrote:
NemZ wrote:Whoa, where did this theory come from?

From AnimeNation's forums aboard a Liberian-registered freighter, hidden in the bottom of a crate of AKMs. Reichu is generally suspected of organizing and funding the operation, but nothing has ever been conclusively proven.

I didn't know about this because I wasn't on AnimeNationForums 5 years ago, or even 3 years ago. Thus, its my own fault for not knowing, forgive my ignorance.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:11 pm

No, and we're pretty certain on this one: she's got Lilith's soul.

Yea, I know she does. What part of "FAILED salvage attempt" slid by you? It seems implied that Rei was kind've "popped out" (possibly as some gross ensouled fetus thing) and then was "finished up" in a lab.

I don't play "Portal". Suddenly, to be an anime fan its a prerequisite to play a non-anime video game?

Excuse me for making an allusion to a very recognizable pop culture reference to explain Kaworu's perceived emotional awareness.

Granted it was pretty popular, but when I was at AnimeBoston every 3rd person was talking about "cake" and they had that Rei-"I'm Still Alive" AMV (funny in and of itself, actually) but I didn't know what they were referring to.

I wouldn't know anything about that.

Whoa, where did this theory come from? Evidence please... preferably in the form of linkage.

Holy shit LOOOONG ass story. Suffice to say, it was from the period where Reichu totally started tripping balls off her cold medicine and came up with crazy stuff like Duel of the Seeds and Fem-Kaworu (who was a clone of Misato's dad or Kaji or whatever) and...well, look up some logs.

Zaque
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zaque » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:15 pm

V wrote:I didn't know about this because I wasn't on AnimeNationForums 5 years ago, or even 3 years ago. Thus, its my own fault for not knowing, forgive my ignorance.

And the thread for it is now locked because of my ignorance.... uh, whoops. >.<

Now then, back to body posture....

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:19 pm

AuraTwilight wrote:Suffice to say, it was from the period where Reichu totally started tripping balls off her cold medicine

Debunked myth is debunked. Stop spreading it.

Zaque
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zaque » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:28 am

Yes, hopefully. Alright, here's a quick page on some common things. Interestingly enough, hands in pocket and hands behind back as in Fuyutsuki's case may be a sign of defensiveness. And here's something for the Ayanami stance , what the page may have classified as "hand holding wrist or arm": it's a sign of self control and/or inner conflict (I think that explains her pretty well, what do you guys think?).

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:51 am

Zaque wrote:Yes, hopefully. Alright, here's a quick page on some common things. Interestingly enough, hands in pocket and hands behind back as in Fuyutsuki's case may be a sign of defensiveness. And here's something for the Ayanami stance , what the page may have classified as "hand holding wrist or arm": it's a sign of self control and/or inner conflict (I think that explains her pretty well, what do you guys think?).

Thanks for the link! :yippee: this is really usefull....how did you find this?

Hmmm....."inner conflict?"....that kind of fits.....isn't a "thing" on the show that Rei doesn't *say* much but that's because there's a maelstrom of confusion underneath the surface.
Who is "Codename V"?....

Zaque
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zaque » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:05 pm

V wrote:Thanks for the link! :yippee: this is really usefull....how did you find this?

The all powerful Google! :D

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:41 pm

Debunked myth is debunked. Stop spreading it.

What, and kill the fun?

Yes, hopefully. Alright, here's a quick page on some common things. Interestingly enough, hands in pocket and hands behind back as in Fuyutsuki's case may be a sign of defensiveness. And here's something for the Ayanami stance , what the page may have classified as "hand holding wrist or arm": it's a sign of self control and/or inner conflict (I think that explains her pretty well, what do you guys think?).

Exactly what I came to expect from you, thanks.

Fin.de.Siecle
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Fin.de.Siecle » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:51 pm

I usually lurk, but I haven't seen this mentioned...

There are a few places in the series where Rei mimicks Gendo in her body language. Most notably I can think of a school scene where she's sitting, elbows on her desk with her hands folded over her mouth, and staring out the window.

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:50 pm

she only does that one-handed I don't think its actually copying Gendo
Who is "Codename V"?....

Fin.de.Siecle
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Fin.de.Siecle » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:03 am

V wrote:she only does that one-handed I don't think its actually copying Gendo
Here is a link to a screencap of what I meant. ^^;

swamp147
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby swamp147 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:07 am

Fin.de.Siecle wrote:
Here is a link to a screencap of what I meant. ^^;

I've forgotten this scene! What episode is it from? I'm guessing it's early in the series, since Rei (and soon, the other pilots) pretty much doesn't go to school in the later episodes.

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:40 am

swamp147 wrote:What episode is it from?

#7, just after Misato shows up for the parent/guardian teacher meeting.

From #18:

Remember seeing some documentary on this subject years ago where the hand covering the fist implies concealed aggression, the pose which Gendo sometimes adopts - but I don't remember anything about the fingers being interlaced which Gendo and Rei both do ¯\(º_o)/¯

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:14 am

I read that gesture as one more of calculated thoughts that one doesn't want to reveal.

In #7 perhaps she is contemplating an irrational feeling of jealousy towards Misato because of her relationship with the suddenly much more interesting 3rd child.

In #18 I think she is clearly piecing together just who knows what about the 4th child situation as well as wondering why Shinji has not been informed and if it is her place to do so.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:54 pm

yes yes that's it there....yeah

.....but wait; it's not one hand over another when she does it, she does it with interlocking fingers; is that exactly the same as the Gendo pose or slightly different?
Who is "Codename V"?....

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”