Is there any proof that AT fields are 360 barriers?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
NeonZ
Embryo

Is there any proof that AT fields are 360 barriers?

•      
  •      

Postby NeonZ » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:48 pm

It is a rather silly question, and I'm almost sure that they are a 360 barrier, but, could anyone give me any proof?

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:20 pm

That is a hard thing to conclude, because in the series everyone remembers when something interacted with the AT Field, a flat, hexogon pattern materilized. So, it appears the AT Field is just concetrated on one side of the wielder. But, I think it completely encircles the user, because;

1. Then tactics like attacking the side unprotected by the AT Field would have been used.

2. When an explosion completely encirlced the user, like a N^2 mine, like on Sachiel, the first angel, if there had been no AT Field at his back, Sachiel should have died.

3. I think, I remember numeous times when an Evangelion attacked an angel from the side or back and the AT Field materilized, showing that the AT Field was present all around the user.

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:45 pm

cain luppus wrote:2. When an explosion completely encirlced the user, like a N^2 mine, like on Sachiel, the first angel, if there had been no AT Field at his back, Sachiel should have died.

Wasent Sachiel damaged in that explosion though??(the face growing back)? Mabye its like a box or where ever the pilot/angel/eva wants/needs it to be?
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:43 pm

the at field had failed so that sachiel recieved some damage, but not the full force of the blast.
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:52 pm

hmmm so how do they rank the strengh of the AT feild?? How do you make it stronger?
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:14 pm

i don't know how they rank at field strength. ask EM or something
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:13 pm

Dark FireStar wrote:hmmm so how do they rank the strengh of the AT feild?? How do you make it stronger?

Your thinking to hard....just accept there's an AT Field and it is impenetrable except for the Lance of Longinus and a beserker.

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:24 pm

don't forget another at field of the same wavelength

feliwood
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby feliwood » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:25 pm

or a particle beam. or an N2 mine
Only a complete and utter braggart, someone entirely obsessed with himself, would make a sig out of his own quote- feliwood

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:41 pm

Yeah, those too, but mostly iimpervious

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:59 pm

it filtered out most of the damage from the n2 mine...like with sachiel...
we can assume that it can be directed in one direction with the most blocking force...

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:44 pm

Things that can pierce or nulify an AT feild.
1- Lance of longnus
2-N2 Mine
3-particle beam
4-berserker
5-same wave lenght AT
6- A fart from Jesus :lol:

~There has to be a way to make you AT feild stronger. Could it be the amount of faith you have in it?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:10 pm

Rei managed to break through Zeruel's Field simply by neutralizing his with Zero's.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:11 pm

already been said reichu.
Dark FireStar, i think to make it more powerful you have to be stronger or something. but your idea also makes sense

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:16 pm

ChronoX wrote:Dark FireStar, i think to make it more powerful you have to be stronger or something. but your idea also makes sense

But what would phycial strenght have to do with a spirtlal barrer?

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:31 pm

it isn't spiritual, its soul power only and i guess the stronger will one has, the stronger AT field it has. i have absoulutly no idea here, just stating things as they come

aranami
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby aranami » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:07 am

In ep. 24 Rei was able to produce an A.T. Field that was much larger then the one she had in the Eva
"Immortality! Take it! It's yours!"

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:34 am

ChronoX wrote:already been said reichu.

Yeah? Where?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:28 am

i think it has to do with hte angel. for example, arael (spider thingie) had a really weak AT field. however, kaworu had a much stronger at-field than all the others, and salpuitael (the big thing that dropped himself...forgive my forgetting the name) had his pierced by 00's prog knife.
also, in that battle, the AT field acted like a solid, as Rei could pull it ans stretch it
this was also shown in the battle with zereul (the blood splatters)
perhaps it has to do with the angel's openness of heart?

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:37 am

now you mention it sss,isn't somewhere stated in the series that the angels will advance eventually?so theit AT field too..(and so their final stage will be the strongest living,the human=Kaworu)
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”