Private Parts in EoE !

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:33 am

well...right when the slit formed it seemed a bit like one. but the one on Rei's head is the most obvious...i feel that the slit on 01 when the core was revealed wasnt genitalia...

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:46 am

Heh heh, I thought I'd been the only person to see a vagina in EVA-01's eye from #02. You should have supported my crazy assertation on Ye Olde Commentary Thread, Wayne!

It might make a little more sense if you think about it symbolically, as in an eye "being birthed".

If the eye socket doesn't look too "vaginal" to you... well, keep in mind that they were showing this on TV. They seem to get a bit more "explicit" with EVA-02's eyes in EoE:

And especially here:

Granted, it's not quite as bad as the other two examples in EoE, but consider that they could have drawn the Evas' eyes without making them look suggestive at all. I've considered that maybe they do this because they are trying to tell us something about the Evas, without actually showing it (not that they would be allowed to, anyway) -- but that might just be wishful thinking on my part.

Back to the "birth" symbolism, you are correct, Nephilim, about Shogouki's chest being turned into a symbolic vulva when her core swells, tearing the covering open and pushing it to the sides to form "labia". Here you can see that they even added two additional "mini-cores" to reinforce the imagery.
Last edited by Reichu on Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Shin-seiki
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:10 am

When everyone is becoming one with Lilith/Rei, Shinji gets to enter the whole soul-sex orgy by the front door:

(note that the "Third Eye" is traditionally held to be the seat of the soul)

but everyone else has to settle for a, um, hand job:

but it's still sort of the same thing:

and, yes, that is what you think it is:

Nephilim
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Nephilim » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:36 pm

Shin-seiki wrote:and, yes, that is what you think it is:

WOW :shock: i most have the crapiest version of EoE, i didn't noticed that in her hands !!!!
THANKS FOR THE SCREENCAP !!! :D
*insert cool signature here*

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:49 pm

Shin-seiki wrote:but everyone else has to settle for a, um, hand job:

Thank you, Shin-seiki, for describing third impact in such a figurative manner. (IE: burn in hell) :wink:
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:45 pm

can someone give me the exact time these scenes take place?cause my version of EoE is a little shit..i can only see some screenshots only by pressing pause.. :roll:
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:23 pm

Shin-seiki wrote:
and, yes, that is what you think it is:

Oh my god this is freaking......freaky!! :shock:
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:47 pm

Good grief... I knew that GNR had these long slits on her hands, but I had no idea they were detailed to the point of possessing clitorises. My, my, my.

BTW, Shin-seiki, what's the deal with the souls flowing into GNR's hands? Isn't their destination supposed to be the Black Moon? Exactly what's going on here?

How many other faux-vulvas can we find in EoE? I honestly can't think of anything as unambiguous as what GNR has, but here are some other instances that popped out at me. Most likely I just have a dirty mind, and there probably isn't anything else going on here. ...or is there?

"Everywhere I go, I see vaginas. They're everywhere. And they won't leave me alone."
Last edited by Reichu on Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:54 pm

Reichu wrote:

I though thos were just teeth?
I dont know about the others.
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

Ayanami
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ayanami » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:35 pm

Shin-seiki wrote:When everyone is becoming one with Lilith/Rei, Shinji gets to enter the whole soul-sex orgy by the front door:

He looks disinterested. What, post-apocalyptic sex isn't GOOD enough for you, Shinji?

And to Reichu:

While all those images include vaginal-looking... things, I don't think they were as strongly intended (if at all) to symbolize anything.

Hmm... wouldn't it suck for guys if women's vaginas had teeth? o_o; Random thought for the day.
Close your eyes and listen hard

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:39 am

Ayanami wrote:Hmm... wouldn't it suck for guys if women's vaginas had teeth? o_o; Random thought for the day.

"The Gilgamex vagina is three feet wide and full of razor-sharp teeth! Do you expect us to have sex with that?"

They aren't teeth; they just appear for one frame, and I thought it was vaguely evocative of a hymen or something. Like I said, I'm just weird.

While I'm ambivalent about the first two examples, the third is a bit too blatant to dismiss, I think.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Shin-seiki
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:08 pm

I took those screencaps off the Renewal edition of EoE. To help everyone here appreciate just how crappy the Manga Entertainment version is in comparison, I've pulled some shots from each, of some representive scenes. To avoid cluttering up the page with a whole lot of full-size screencaps, I'll post a thumbnail shot, and the the full-size ones as links.
Manga
Renewal

Manga
Renewal

Manga
Renewal

Manga
Renewal

Manga
Renewal

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:08 pm

The picture with super-giant-Rei with kawro banging action looks creepyer in the redone EoE! :shock:

Machinehead
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Machinehead » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:08 pm

Renewal? Is this from the 2-Film boxset coming out in the US later this year?
Art is not the world. Art is in our hearts.

Ataru
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ataru » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:00 pm

i just watched episode 2 platinum edition last night (before reading this thread) and the eye sockets were definitely vaginal, which was a little startling considering how early it is in the series (way before everything goes all symbolic and conspiritorial.)

ShetenshiSenshi
Embryo

Renewal

•      
  •      

Postby ShetenshiSenshi » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:43 pm

Wow...that's a pretty big difference. Is Renewal of Evangelion out yet?

Soluzar
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Re: Renewal

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:48 pm

ShetenshiSenshi wrote:Wow...that's a pretty big difference. Is Renewal of Evangelion out yet?

Renewal of Evangelion was released ages ago in Japan, as a box set and as singles. The problem is that here in the rest of the world, we have two separate licencees for Evangelion. The Platinum Edition, by ADV is based upon Renewal, but Manga Entertainment show no signs of releasing the Renewal version of EoE.
Natsukashii, ne?

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheBlueTree » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:09 pm

personaly i think those pics form renewal... look the exact same... there isnt much of a difference.....

Shin-seiki
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:14 pm

TheBlueTree wrote:personaly i think those pics form renewal... look the exact same... there isnt much of a difference.....
Have you had your eyes checked recently?

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:50 pm

apparently not
there will be a clear difference between the old and the new

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”