The starting scene of Episode 25'- what's the use of it?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sun May 13, 2007 12:18 pm

Executor wrote:Sailor Star Dust: That better be fucking mayonaise on Shinji's hand :P
'Twas a messy sneeze. Nothing more. ;)
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

sensei_juice
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby sensei_juice » Sun May 13, 2007 5:01 pm

Back on topic:
Because EoE is when everything that's been bottled up comes rushing out. Rather literally in Shinji's case.
Also, because EoE is a fuck-you to the kind of fans who jerk off to Asuka (I think it was Eva Yojimbo who originally pointed this out in the Pretentiously Deep thread, although it may have been somebody else).
This post did not suck.

Ritsuko Akagi, the truth is... I had sex with your mom.
Yup.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sun May 13, 2007 5:24 pm

sensei_juice wrote:
Also, because EoE is a fuck-you to the kind of fans who jerk off to Asuka (I think it was Eva Yojimbo who originally pointed this out in the Pretentiously Deep thread, although it may have been somebody else).
I posted it on here, but it's been stated before. If only I could take credit for that idea. :P
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Sun May 13, 2007 8:23 pm

Ironic that his name is sensei juice in a topic about Shinji greasing the ferret.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun May 13, 2007 8:55 pm

Executor wrote:Ironic that his name is sensei juice in a topic about Shinji greasing the ferret.

My goodness, there have to be more euphemisms for male masturbation than anything else in the universe.

In related news, http://www.jokecenter.com/jokes/Starwars/2250.htm
...I personally think #10 should be #1.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun May 13, 2007 9:04 pm

@ Brik, Smith & AEF (plus other people I'm forgetting, lol): Thanks for replying. ^_^ That (what the hell happened to happened to Asuka after her 24' suicede attempt as well as her reactions to Shinji) was bothering me for quite some time since I didn't get that.

NAveryW wrote:Sailor Star Dust, don't expect an answer if you're going into the final scene of EoE and Asuka's expression.

However, out of curiosity, since you are presumably female, how would you feel if you were in Asuka's situation?

Yup, I'm a girl. To be perfectly frank (as long as I can still be Stardust /bad joke), if it were somebody I had romantic/sexual feelings for, I wouldn't care. If it was somebody I didn't feel that way about, then I'd "probably feel disgusting".

I brought up the final scene only to show the connection between Shinji's crying in that and the first scene, but I think I see your point.

Anyway back on topic: As I mentioned in another thread (that I currently have no time to bring up my post from) I really don't see EoE OR Shinji's Faptastic Adventures in Boobieland (credit Reichu...tabun.) to be a fuck you to the fans.
But that's just my pov. *shrugs*
Speaking of which, I do agree with the general idea that Eva's a show that people will have different interpretations/viewpoints on, BUT I think there are certain things in the series that can seen in only one way, eg, those scenes when Anno is giving a specific message to the viewer. (Not that I can think of any of the top of my head except for the whole "lol prolonged isolation evidence in I Need You.")

*whew* I type too much. -_-;
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Sun May 13, 2007 9:05 pm

And I'm ignored as usuall -_-.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Sun May 13, 2007 9:11 pm

Although I'm not the biggest fan of watching dudes masturbate (but still a fan...wait, what?), the scene in Asuka's room really helped set the tone for the rest of the movie in my opinion. Up until that point, Shinji had done things he was really ashamed of to just about everyone except Asuka . Twas bout time she joined in on the fun, and what better way to join the pity party then to get spooged on by a guys with no balls.

NAveryW wrote:My goodness, there have to be more euphemisms for male masturbation than anything else in the universe.

Only because masturbation's the most popular pastime in the universe, narrowly edging out baseball. 8)

Executor wrote:And I'm ignored as usuall -_-.

Dude, someone just responded to you, like ten minutes ago. Considering what your comment was, I'd be content with that.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Sun May 13, 2007 9:14 pm

TriLink12 wrote:

Dude, someone just responded to you, like ten minutes ago. Considering what your comment was, I'd be content with that.

Dude, I was joking. Nothing more.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Sun May 13, 2007 9:15 pm

Funny.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Sun May 13, 2007 9:17 pm

TriLink12 wrote:Funny.

Not really.
EDIT: Anyways, I declare that this topic become a punching bag for master of the bating jokes now. Because I can.

sensei_juice
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby sensei_juice » Sun May 13, 2007 9:42 pm

Wait - do people actually think my name is a masturbation reference, or is that just Executor?
Anyway, to clear things up (since nobody appears to get the reference), Sensei Juice is a juice box who appears in Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo for about thirty seconds until somebody drinks him.
I love Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. Arguably better than Excel Saga.
This post did not suck.

Yup.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun May 13, 2007 9:57 pm

sensei_juice wrote:Sensei Juice is a juice box who appears in Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo for about thirty seconds until Bo-bobo pours him into a glass, discards the box, drinks the juice from the glass, and leaves the disembodied voice in the glass.

Fixed.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

sensei_juice
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby sensei_juice » Sun May 13, 2007 9:59 pm

Sounds about right - haven't watched that episode in quite a while.
This post did not suck.

Yup.

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby anatrok » Sun May 13, 2007 11:40 pm

Bringing the Topic back....heh

i was just watching EOE with my little brother and he made me think of a reason for WHY this scene is in here, something that i don't think has been QUITE said yet...

It ties the ending with the beggining...the reason Shinji strangles asuk is cause he knows SHE knows that he got all...wanky on her, and i guess he feels like he can't face her...
that or he's a necro

i guess her touching his face was her way of saying it's okay?

but then when she says "i feel sick"
that's just her feeling his hard on....
CAUSE HE LIKES DEAD CHICKS...
or something...

maybe i shouldn't listen to my five year old brother...

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Mon May 14, 2007 12:22 am

NAveryW wrote:However, out of curiosity, since you are presumably female, how would you feel if you were in Asuka's situation?

not quite a fair question, and in any case, completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Oh did I say "at hand?"

God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

tinmeigut
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby tinmeigut » Mon May 14, 2007 2:22 am

It ties the ending with the beggining...the reason Shinji strangles asuk is cause he knows SHE knows that he got all...wanky on her, and i guess he feels like he can't face her...

That doesn't convince me that much- you've hurt one's feeling and you can't face her anymore, so you'd rather kill her?
If all the world hated you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience approved you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without friends. -Jane Eyre, Chapter 8

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Mon May 14, 2007 2:41 am

that explanation actually works.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

tinmeigut
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby tinmeigut » Mon May 14, 2007 3:06 am

Then I bet the person will regret more than before he has killed the one whose feeling has been hurt.
If all the world hated you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience approved you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without friends. -Jane Eyre, Chapter 8

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Mon May 14, 2007 3:11 am

tinmeigut wrote:

you've hurt one's feeling and you can't face her anymore, so you'd rather kill her?

Bingo.

MAL Profile

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”