Was Lilin Evolution Artificially Guided?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Zoop
Sachiel
Sachiel

Re: Was Lilin Evolution Artificially Guided?

•      
  •      

Postby Zoop » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:41 am

Ive read pretty much everything in the wiki, and what you said doesnt contradict what i said. I was talking about where the chamber is, not what it is. I know it stores souls.

It is shown multiple times they can detect angels from afar (they only need to be close to confirm its "color") they managed to find sandalphon. Most angels already appeared pretty close to tokyo3 (weird huh, arent they supposed to be scattered from the antarctic?), so no need to search everywhere, start with the emidiate surroundings.

If it really worked like that, it would make sense if they at least made 1 remark about it, like they actually do search for them, but it hasnt had any results up to sandalphon. This is all one big assumption and one i dont find believable. If you go by nge2 then i understand that these assumptions are a bit more logical, since nge2 explains we're basically dealing with aliens.

And since i kinda ignore nge2 and like to keep a more mytholgical mindset about it, it doesnt make sense. So obviously im in the minority here with this opinion so lets just leave it at this, this has gone offtopic enough and i kinda regret posting about it

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:51 am

View Original PostZoop wrote:I just hope you wont try to belittle people again for having an opinion

Belittling you was not my intent, and I really know better than to post when I'm in no state to properly assess what I write. (In this case: lack of sleep and waiting for Excedrin to kick in.) At this point, all I can do is lamely offer my apologies. Thank you for calling me out on it -- I need to remain accountable.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:54 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Because what with rebuilding civilization after the damage caused by second impact they didn't have the horrendous resources required to locate a dozen or so eggs of unknown size and appearance anywhere in the world or even in near space? How about a little practicality here?

This is basically how I understood it, too. I always thought that it was almost an 'accident'; that NERV was not expecting to find it, but they just happened to be looking in the right place at the right time.
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”