Regarding Shinji and Kaworu

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:45 am

Phaze wrote:I'm aware of that. I was simply saying that Gainax seems to care nothing of its characters, because they're willing to bend the characters' wills to meet that of the fans' wishes (Iron Maiden). As well as exploit them to fans for sexual gratification (Eva strip poker).

I never knew that there was strip poker in the game , must get the game :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

coff wrote:Kaworu is not gay. End of story. Girlfriend of Steel 2 was just a stupid dating sim game made so Gainax could make more money.

I totslly agree about the money part
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Karma Burn
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Karma Burn » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:13 am

never knew that there was strip poker in the game , must get the game

PERVERT! Why would you want to support Gainax's big business schemes? I would support their anime and, maybe, their action figures but that's it!
"Everyone but me has gone fucking nuts. I'm the eye of the goddam storm." - Tycho, Penny Arcade (Or a very irrate Fuyutsuki)

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:07 pm

Nothing wrong with being an Ecchi IMO......
The way I see it though........ the more EVA Merchindise you buy, the more likely they are to make more EVA.
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:44 pm

EVA-01X wrote:Nothing wrong with being an Ecchi IMO......
The way I see it though........ the more EVA Merchindise you buy, the more likely they are to make more EVA.

Bastard, you want shameless Eva hentai and a friggin second season.....die............

Karma Burn
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Karma Burn » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:40 pm

Yes! Shameless Eva hentai bad! It destroys characters! And ruins beautifully crafted plot lines! It kills DREAMS! Is that what you want to be? A dream killer?
"Everyone but me has gone fucking nuts. I'm the eye of the goddam storm." - Tycho, Penny Arcade (Or a very irrate Fuyutsuki)

EvaPimp
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby EvaPimp » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:10 pm

cain luppus wrote:
EVA-01X wrote:Nothing wrong with being an Ecchi IMO......

Bastard, you want shameless Eva hentai and a friggin second season.....die............

Hentai is awesome. To each his own I guess.....

And I want a sequel to the series as well. Are you going to tell me to die as well? -_-

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:25 pm

You're all fags.

I-i mean no, i don't think he was gay at all. He just had a 24\7 boner.
Last edited by max3000 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:02 pm

max3000 wrote:You're all fags.

Please.....just leave it at that.

kosure
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby kosure » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:35 pm

Personally, I think some of the things he did were pretty homosexual. So for me I say yes. But he was an angel, so I don't really think it matters. I don't see anyone arguing about weather or not Ramiel pounding the ground with that drill was gay or not. :D

Another thing. I'm not saying anyones a homophobe or anything, but it just blows my mind how upset people get about this. I was reading a rant the other day, and this guy was getting red-in-the-face mad that people though Kaworu was gay. Kaworu can be gay, and cool at the same time. Plus all the time in anime theres whisps of gay undertones, that don't mean anything they're just there cause its anime. Its like fan service or chibi.

Shinji however; I think that its been made overly apparent that he's straight. Hes clearly in love with Asuka. I don't understand how people can't see that. I just think he was excited beacuse he thought that Kaworu truly loved him.
i think cosplay is a lot like communism, it seems like a good idea, but it never turns out the way you want.
Star Wars: The Ultimate Guide

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:49 pm

kosure wrote:Another thing. I'm not saying anyones a homophobe or anything, but it just blows my mind how upset people get about this. I was reading a rant the other day, and this guy was getting red-in-the-face mad that people though Kaworu was gay. Kaworu can be gay, and cool at the same time. Plus all the time in anime theres whisps of gay undertones, that don't mean anything they're just there cause its anime. Its like fan service or chibi.

I think the thing people dislike about the idea of Kaworu being gay, is that it makes it seem that there were many idiotic fans who simply took everything at face value, instead of digging deeper and making them think, which is what Eva is supposed to make you do.
cain luppus wrote:
max3000 wrote:You're all fags.

Please.....just leave it at that.

What possibly could have triggered such negative responses? The general consensus that hentai is degrading to Evangelion?
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

RubberSoul
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby RubberSoul » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:57 am

Geez, this happened while I was gone? :roll:

Gay or not, Kaworu liked Shinji, and I think that if Shinji was a girl then Kaworu still would've liked Shinji.
I can only take so much retarded.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:28 am

RubberSoul wrote:Gay or not, Kaworu liked Shinji, and I think that if Shinji was a girl then Kaworu still would've liked Shinji.

Maybe if Shinji was a girl Kaworu wouldn't have a bath with "her" and we could not see if he really loved "her".Or maybe he would have a bath?

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:37 am

Blah. I guess you can't express sarcasm on a board :roll:

Karma Burn
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Karma Burn » Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:42 am

Maybe if Shinji was a girl Kaworu wouldn't have a bath with "her" and we could not see if he really loved "her".Or maybe he would have a bath?

No, there would be the bath scene. I think it would go a little something like this...

Kaworu sneaks up from behind Shinji and leaps into the bath.
Shinji:*screams*
Kaworu: Oh, sorry. This isn't where I parked my car!
Shinji:Kaworu what are you doing here? (as she attempts to cover herself up)
Kaworu:B00bz...uh, I mean, I love you...

Esion
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Esion » Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:50 am

That reminds me of Eurotrip.
Yea and God said to Abraham, "You will kill your son Issac." And Abraham said, "I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said, "Oh I'm sorry, Is this better? Check, check, check... Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here."

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:29 am

the_seventh_child wrote:
RubberSoul wrote:Gay or not, Kaworu liked Shinji, and I think that if Shinji was a girl then Kaworu still would've liked Shinji.

In Japan, things like bathing aren't a big deal, there are still plenty of public baths in Japan.

max3000 wrote:Blah. I guess you can't express sarcasm on a board :roll:

The [/sarcasm] tag works nicely, even if it doesn't work.
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:20 pm

Phaze wrote:

Yeah but it ruins the whole.. umm.. thing.

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:43 pm

max3000 wrote:
Phaze wrote:

Yeah but it ruins the whole.. umm.. thing.

Very tru, but anyways....why are pondering what would happen if Shinji was a girl? 0__o

Karma Burn
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Karma Burn » Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:29 pm

Very tru, but anyways....why are pondering what would happen if Shinji was a girl? 0__o

It's funny! And not mention it's fun to portray Kaworu as the little freak he is.

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:29 pm

Karma Burn wrote:

It's funny! And not mention it's fun to portray Kaworu as the little freak he is.

Kawrou's not a freak! He's misunderstood.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”