Akagi Family and Casper Theory:

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Maya Ibuki
Embryo

Akagi Family and Casper Theory:

•      
  •      

Postby Maya Ibuki » Wed May 30, 2012 6:58 am

Let me start off by introducing this scene: Rei I's death. Depending on which version of the sub or dub you view, Naoko strangles Rei with something along the lines of 'You're the same as me.' I know this is referring to the fact the just like Rei, Naoko can be 'replaced', however what I'm puzzled about is that she knew / considered the possibility of Gendo having sexual relationships with others.

Now, we know that even though Ritsuko and Naoko had a professional relationship, Ritsuko also despised her mother (I'm assuming dyeing her hair is something to consider). Here's just a theory I came up with
, which only applies to the TV continuity. PERHAPS Ritsuko and Gendo were hooking up beforehand, and probably Naoko knew about this, which is why she delivers that line about being a substitute.

Now, the MAGI was based off Naoko as a mother, woman and a scientist. Now, as we all know Casper, who represents Naoko as a 'woman', betrayed Ritsuko during EoE, when Ritsuko decided to initiate the self-destruction system. Either way, it was inevitable the Instrumentality project would reach it's climax, but perhaps 'Casper' was watching over Ritsuko and Gendo, and thus, betrayed Ritsuko in order for her to suffer the shooting - as at this point, I believe Naoko knew what was going on between Ritsuko and Gendo before and after her death.

I think "You're the same as me." suggests a link to the theory that Naoko was also the 'soul' for Unit-00.

Just some random blabble I thought of.[/img]

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed May 30, 2012 8:17 am

Seems she's more hung up about Yui than anything involving Ritsuko, since previous to Rei I calling her a hag, Naoko and Ritsuko had a perfectly civil and normal conversation. Whereas with Yui:

Episode 21 wrote:IKARI:
Yes, I have no regrets concerning my work.

AKAGI:
Liar! You just can't forget about Ms. Yui, right?
But I don't mind.

IKARI:
This isn't Shinji.
I'm taking care of a friend's daughter. Her name is Rei Ayanami.

RITSUKO:
Hello, Rei.

AKAGI (MONO):
This girl reminds me of someone...
Ms. Yui?

And then, on top of that, while the "old hag" bit is being looped over and over again and everything gets acid trippy, Naoko sees Rei's face getting replaced with Yui, followed by the memory of her and Gendo making out, pushing her to choke Rei. The key to this flashback is that Gendo looks completely uninterested. Doesn't seem like any of that was related to Ritsuko.

Redaye
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Redaye » Wed May 30, 2012 9:08 am

My take is, Gendo found Ritsuko a comfortable alternative to Naoko mostly because Ritsuko had no such Yui-centered baggage. Prior to Naoko's death, the one shot of Ritsuko as a brunette showed what I interpret as a passive personality, attentive and obedient but not too happy. I'm not sure how Casper could have sensed that anything romantic was happening with Ritsuko and Gendo. Naoko didn't seem to have any other conscious problem with Rei I beyond a resemblance to Yui until Rei opened her mouth. And Gendo's only human after all, Ritsuko was young, hot, smart, alone, already closely associated to NERV and sporting a new blonde look. All the temptation a man needs.
Process: Attempting to Comprehend
╔═══════════════════════════╗
║█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░║ (20%)
╚═══════════════════════════╝
Estimated Time Until Completion: RUNTIME ERROR 601

cd603
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby cd603 » Wed May 30, 2012 10:17 am

Sadly, I believe that given time (so basically if Third Impact never occurred) Gendo probably would have ended up have sex with Rei. The scene in EoE where he sticks his hand in her is proof enough of that. (I mean she does basically fuck him over anyways so its not a huge deal but definitely not a route we as viewers probably want to see...unless you like that stuff?? :headscratch: )

Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Wed May 30, 2012 3:03 pm

View Original Postcd603 wrote:Sadly, I believe that given time (so basically if Third Impact never occurred) Gendo probably would have ended up have sex with Rei. The scene in EoE where he sticks his hand in her is proof enough of that. (I mean she does basically fuck him over anyways so its not a huge deal but definitely not a route we as viewers probably want to see...unless you like that stuff?? :headscratch: )

Incorrect. Gendo initiated Third Impact, by sticking his hand (which had the Adam embry grafted into it) into Rei III (who was the vessel of Lilith's soul).
What he was intending to do is collect both Adam and Lilith inside of himself, in order to attain Ultimate Cosmic Power (tm).

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed May 30, 2012 10:16 pm

While the MAGI represent three aspects of Naoko's personality, I highly doubt they share any her memories, thoughts, and emotional attachment to others, let alone enough to make a conscious decision against a specific person based on the unproven contempt a mother had for her daughter.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”