Where did Lilith come from

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Six Winged Angel
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Six Winged Angel » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:01 pm

SEELE 08 wrote:
Six Winged Angel wrote:.....GOD NO!! :shock:

So I guess this means you want me to put my own artistic effort into drawing....lets say a Keel/the HCP Commitee Yaoi drawing?

Teddy is teh hawt!

:thinks about it for a bit: :x ------> :shock: ------absolutely no comment :P

But Keel has a shiny metal ass, it's not really all that disturbing.

I think he doesn't even got legs, as we see in the classic EoE pic
so propably he doesn't got one
~But someday you will come to understand that on your back, there are wings with which you can fly on the distant future.

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:16 pm

I made a long ass post and a link to my theories on Keel's systems in this thread. And yes he does have legs, look at the production sketches of him or read the manga.
I heart Encyclopedia Dramatica!
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:45 pm

On a unrelated and trivial note... Human blood cells are pretty unique because they don't have a nucleus, thus they contain no genes. So it makes sense that LCL would be the same (not carrying Lilith's genetic code) so as to not interfere with human evolution.

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:55 pm

OMG Zuggy I love you, someone needs to tell this to all the Lilith/Adam have a definite gender folks. Even if the LCL did have DNA, Adam and Lilith couldn't both be female, they wouldn't have the genetic information to created males. They would need to be some kind of hermaphrodite or a gender desgination we don't yet understand.
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

BLACKANGEL32076
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby BLACKANGEL32076 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:03 pm

Keep in mind, when he sees uber-Rei in EoE, she looks just like she did when a tenticle of the 16th morphed into her right before Unit-00 went "BOOM!!!!!!" As a result, he would be a little more freaked by seeing her than seeing Kawrou, who her considered a friend at one point. I don't know what he thought of Rei at that point.

Sorry I've been a stranger folks. I agree with the whole "Adam and Lilith are hermaphodites" angle.

I for one am a big supporter of Reichu-snsei. However, I have to agree with ya'all on this one. I have no idea where her whole "Keel the homewrecker" idea came from, but it doesn't make sense.
-...because a lot can happen in 24hrs.
-"Consistancy people, consistancy!!!"-George Carlin

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:10 pm

Zugzwang wrote:Human blood cells are pretty unique because they don't have a nucleus, thus they contain no genes.

That's red blood cells; but also not to forget the mitochondria.

SEELE 08 wrote:Even if the LCL did have DNA, Adam and Lilith couldn't both be female, they wouldn't have the genetic information to created males.

Let's not also forget that in the NGE scheme of things all life on Earth, not just H. sap, is descended from Lilith - and that includes the birds and the bees (who, amusingly, have WW males and WZ females, as opposed to the mammalian XY and XX respectively). But 4.5 Gyr of development from simpler chemicals (and, in the NGE setting, the sort of Lilith-derived morphic field that enables people to reconstitute themselves) can fix up those minor difficulties.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:10 pm

Thank you black angel

I'm glad to see people around here can think for themselves and don't believe eveything the see on the internet.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:27 pm

I for one am a big supporter of Reichu-snsei. However, I have to agree with ya'all on this one. I have no idea where her whole "Keel the homewrecker" idea came from, but it doesn't make sense.

It comes from a very interesting thread over at ANF called the Adam's Embryo thread, it developed as an idea that their just has to be symetry in all things in Kaworu's creation. Yui and Gendo, therefore Keel and Akira. Its a great fanfic idea however, if a little disturbing as Keel isn't truly hawt til' he's a cyborg. I've also posted some crap about how I think poor ol' Keel might be built over there, it gets a bit GiTS heavy at times though. Also in that thread is a fun favorite theory of mine that Keel raised Kaworu. Gruff old cyborg raising chibi Kaworu= priceless.
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

K2Grey
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby K2Grey » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:51 pm

BTW Seele08, I wouldn't be sure that a female doesn't have the genetic information necessary to construct a male. The primary reason why there are males and females as opposed to only females is because of the evolutionary need for methods of altering DNA for adaptation purposes.

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:07 pm

Well females don't have Y chromosones the last time I checked....
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

Phoenix Feet
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Phoenix Feet » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:20 pm

This discussion is going on in 2 threads now...

I'm gonna quote what I said over there, if that's OK:

The part of this that doesn't work for me, is if they are supposed to be one given gender, why aren't they portrayed like that physically? They both have male bodies.

I don't think Adam or Lillith NEED specific genders. They don't need to have sex to reproduce the way we do (never thought I'd be giving this talk so early...). So why would they need to be a particular human gender?

The way I see it, they are beings without gender. The only reason the human characters use female nouns to describe them is because they are the words we have that best describe their function.

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:44 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:
Zugzwang wrote:Human blood cells are pretty unique because they don't have a nucleus, thus they contain no genes.

That's red blood cells; but also not to forget the mitochondria.

Why are you pretending to reply to what I posted there? What you said is more a reaction to what SEELE 08 said.

The H. sap thing was hilarious, yes, just like a virus strain! Speaking of viruses, I managed to suppress three of your last attempts to infect this reality on my end -- so how long do you have left to live (it's an honest question)? Do your RVs arrange for a replacement when your not useful anymore, like how They did in Vietnam if you continue to miss your 'targets'?

Do you think the Angels were seen as Gods before they lost their paths returning to Adam (that they were worshipped etc)?

A link about evolutionary goals and all that jazz, hey, they are our goals as well, right? Personally, I don't reckon it's just about environmental adaptaion.

Uh, so what was this thread about?

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:00 pm

The H. sap thing was hilarious, yes, just like a virus strain! Speaking of viruses, I managed to suppress three of your last attempts to infect this reality on my end -- so how long do you have left to live (it's an honest question)? Do your RVs arrange for a replacement when your not useful anymore, like how They did in Vietnam if you continue to miss your 'targets'?

Well if Mr Tines suddenly vanishes mysteriously I guess we'll all know what happened :!: :arrow: :?:
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:34 pm

So how is Mr. Tines a Merkabah agent again? I thought he was just a computer programmer with too much time on his hands and a hatred for Asuka/Shinji pairings.
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:19 pm

So how is Mr. Tines a Merkabah agent again? I thought he was just a computer programmer with too much time on his hands and a hatred for Asuka/Shinji pairings.

It's because the Merkabah hate Shinji/Asuka pairings. Their all a bunch of Rei shippers, and some of them like Misato too.

Also to Zugzwang:

Never mind whether or not Mr Tines is actually part of some secret society, I have another question.

Why do you think Mr. Tines will be excuted by his superiors if he fails to infect you? No offense but you don't seem to be a very important person, not important enough to warrant a price being put on the head of the man who failed to take you out. Any organization that killed its agents for something like that probably wouldnt last very long. And what would happen to you if he succeeded in infecting you? What would be the purpose behind doing so?
Last edited by Defectron on Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:34 pm

Mr. Tines is like a jedi or somthing he can disapear at will. 8)
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:49 pm

Mr. Tines is too cool to be executed by his superiors. He's too cool to even be a Jedi. He's like....a Ninja.....that's also.....a turtle.
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

ayanami_the_fifth
Embryo

Re: Where did Lilith come from

•      
  •      

Postby ayanami_the_fifth » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:13 am

Archon Divinus wrote:I'm confused as to how Nerv got a hold of Lilith, because I can't remember a single reference to her showing up on Earth. She's just under crucified under NERV with no explination as to how they got her there.

This is the only thing that I can't figure out, and an explanation would make me very happy.

yo...but i think what you should really ask is, "how did NERV capture lilth?" 'cause the NERV duznt even know where the angels come from, remember the lance and lotz of other stuff poked into the lilth on the cross @ central dogma? There wasnt any EVAs then! What was the LANCE made for? How did the LANCE get stuck in lilth (adam wasnt there to help)?
~ La vie est un fleuve de ...... tranquille ? ~

Shin-seiki
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Re: Where did Lilith come from

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:31 am

ayanami_the_fifth wrote:
Archon Divinus wrote:I'm confused as to how Nerv got a hold of Lilith, because I can't remember a single reference to her showing up on Earth. She's just under crucified under NERV with no explination as to how they got her there.

This is the only thing that I can't figure out, and an explanation would make me very happy.

yo...but i think what you should really ask is, "how did NERV capture lilth?" 'cause the NERV duznt even know where the angels come from, remember the lance and lotz of other stuff poked into the lilth on the cross @ central dogma? There wasnt any EVAs then! What was the LANCE made for? How did the LANCE get stuck in lilth (adam wasnt there to help)?
Um... What are you talking about? Gendo and Fuyutsuki retrieve the Spear from Antartica in #12, and in #14, Rei (in Unit-00) takes it down to Terminal Dogma and (off-screen) sticks it into Lilith. In #15, when we finally get to see Lilith, she has the Lance sticking out of her.

ayanami_the_fifth
Embryo

duh

•      
  •      

Postby ayanami_the_fifth » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:01 am

why stick the LANCE into lilith? when Rei took the LANCE from lilith, the lower body of lilith was ripped off and when the LANCE was removed, the lower body regenerated, from this we can gather that the LANCE was used in the capture of lilith...and it was used in the crucifying of lilith...
~ La vie est un fleuve de ...... tranquille ? ~

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”