Would you take their place?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
SkyFire360
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SkyFire360 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:18 am

Interesting question. Yes, I would take the place of any one of the eva pilots in a heartbeat. I've always wanted to do something that would change the course of humanity, and I can't think of anything else besides the EVA project that would change the future so abruptly.

That being said, I'd much rather be Ghendo. Sure, he may meet an untimely end, but think about how much power he controls, how brilliant he has to be to know all the science that goes on behind the scenes, and how he can pull all the strings and manipulate humanity to his own will. Now that is true power.

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Faußtin » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:23 pm

That may be, but in the end, he realised that he was a fool. And he thought only of himself, noone else. Yui-sama was truly an angel to forgive him. I could never forgive to anyone, who hurts my child (though I have none). And if its my wife who did so, that would make things a lot worse. I think if I were her, I'd torture Gendo until I get bored of it. And then I'd throw a dice to decide if he may live, or die.
I've recently realised that power is nothing, if you don't feel well. How childish I am! If you don't enjoy what you are doing, than there is nothing (else) which can make you deny the fact: you have no true power. I think that if Gendo was asked in the end, that "Knowing the consequences, do you want the power you had now, or live the life of a happy, powerless man, with your family?", he would choose the second. Or maybe not. I'm not him, luckily.
:twisted: !!!HELL IS FUN!!! :twisted:

SkyFire360
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SkyFire360 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:17 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:Yep - one gets too old for that sort of a return to the womb. That's before you look at all the other down-sides, like ... having to hawk up all the LCL after each synch...

O.o Good point. I never thought of that. Did anyone reach a consensus as to what the consistency of LCL is?

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:30 pm

LCL is the primordial soup, Lilith literaly bleeds it. Apparently in the series when your AT field goes down you return to LCL. So the conistency is the same as what you are made of, only homogenized.
I heart Encyclopedia Dramatica!
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:57 pm

Yui-sama was truly an angel to forgive him

She forgave him by biting him in half?

Yui really wasnt the best of parents either , she was better then gendo was though.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Faußtin » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:17 am

Well, thats a scene which I don't really understand. But I think that it wasn't Yui who did that. I guess it was Shinji, or maybe it didn't really happen. It also could be his own lil' Instumentality, where he faced his son's anger and hatred. I really don't know - it'd be good if someone would explain that scene to me, I hate to bark stupidity... :wink: :roll:

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:54 am

Faußtin wrote:Well, thats a scene which I don't really understand. But I think that it wasn't Yui who did that. I guess it was Shinji, or maybe it didn't really happen. It also could be his own lil' Instumentality, where he faced his son's anger and hatred. I really don't know - it'd be good if someone would explain that scene to me, I hate to bark stupidity... :wink: :roll:

It was debated somewhat in this thread. At arounf post #14 I put forward what you're suggesting, namely that it is Shinji that dispatches Gendou. It seemed reasonable enough.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Faußtin » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:16 am

Thanks, OMF! It was a good explanation, I guess...

But what about if we are not to take their places, but simply put inside their world as the next Child? The Sixth, just to say a number.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:36 pm

would I take their place . . . not willingly.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:58 pm

Well it certainly is possible that it was Shinji, to be honest there's no real way to tell whether it was Shinji or yui who was behind that incident since both of them had a pretty strong influence on the outcome of instrumentality.

But even if that wasn't yui, there really isnt much to suggest that she forgave him, she isnt screaming mad from the looks of things but that isnt enough to draw any conclusions. To be honest she seems a bit indifferent to Gendo in that last scene where shes talking to him right before phantom eva bites him.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Shnooks
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Shnooks » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:12 pm

I'd pilot one.

And i'm crazy enough to do it.

Stick my daddeh's soul in there and I'd be out in a flash, screaming and all.

Olin of Xephon
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Olin of Xephon » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:58 pm

Like Kensuke, I'd like to get just one chance to see wht it actually felt like.

Granted this is probably just me lust for escapism resulting from my various complexes speaking, Freud would just have a field day with me. :lol:
I asked "And where would you take me?"
At this the beast laughed, tears made of my mother's blood leaked from his eyes.
"I will take you to every place you never wanted to be, and you will hate it."
"Then I will take you to every place you've already been, and you will hate that also."
"Last I will take you to the places you have always dreamed of, and that you'll hate worst of all."

C.W.Robson46290
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby C.W.Robson46290 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:03 pm

Well, for my own personal sake, there's no way I would want to take the place of an Eva pilot. However, I think the fate of my species is a cause worth fighting for, so I would suck it up and take tehir place if I could. I'd hate to put my frineds and family in that sort of a position, but for the sake of all of the what 6 billion or so people on Earth now, probably a couple hundred million or so in the Eva world, I'd have to.

Remember folks: The suffering of a few is nothing compared to the suffering of all.
The difference between intelligence and wisdom is knowing when to stop giving advice.

If you continually focus on what makes someone different from you, you'll never realize how truly similar you are.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:40 am

C.W.Robson46290 wrote:probably a couple hundred million or so in the Eva world, I'd have to.

About 3 billion. 2I wasn't quite that much of a die-back event.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

phanthompain
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby phanthompain » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:40 am

I guess it would be quite interesting, I wouldn't say fun as you are protecting people from harm and most definitely NOT carrying out your own personal demolishment works. :lol:

Besides it would be interesting, as its not everyday you get to save the world... but it will really be a hard job, sync tests.etc while managing your schoolwork and whatever school activites, plus the added depression that comes along, to sum it up it ain't easy.

ayanami_the_fifth
Embryo

hehe

•      
  •      

Postby ayanami_the_fifth » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:46 am

im quite confident that i can pilot an eva, im 14...but im not a clone... and i dun wan a father like gndou BUT im crazy enough to pilot 1
~ La vie est un fleuve de ...... tranquille ? ~

ayanami_the_fifth
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ayanami_the_fifth » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:11 am

phanthompain wrote:I guess it would be quite interesting, I wouldn't say fun as you are protecting people from harm and most definitely NOT carrying out your own personal demolishment works. :lol:

Besides it would be interesting, as its not everyday you get to save the world... but it will really be a hard job, sync tests.etc while managing your schoolwork and whatever school activites, plus the added depression that comes along, to sum it up it ain't easy.

i dun care...teacher onli teach the 'history of angels' during lessons and home econs and sport lessons
~ La vie est un fleuve de ...... tranquille ? ~

phanthompain
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby phanthompain » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:49 am

Well in the future use the EDIT button so as to put your posts together, besides I do think you are right about that, there doesn't seem to be any other lessons...

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:56 am

phanthompain wrote:Well in the future use the EDIT button so as to put your posts together, besides I do think you are right about that, there doesn't seem to be any other lessons...

There probably is they just don't show them because it does mention them doing physics in episode 9, although if I had to sit though that talk about Second Impact day after day i'd probably end up stabbing something through the eyes.

phanthompain
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby phanthompain » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:22 pm

My history teacher talks about WW 1 and 2 all the time along with Communism.etc in class....and I haven't stuck a lance into my eyes... :lol:

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”