Seele HQ

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Seele HQ

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:31 am

Where is it?

O.k, that was admittedly a little blatant. There has to be a (or many) HQ's for Seele. Otherwise, how the hell are they going to stay secret? Are they hermits who never leave the house?

Speculation: They are composed of 12 members. These 12 members have to be spread around the world, each in their own home. Note how during some plans, no pair leave together. This probably means that no two are in the same HQ, and most likely many HQ's (could be wrong, in which the leaders are separated in different sections of a large complex. Don't see the point though). So, I believe they have what would be similar to Camp David all around the world. Considering how Seele is a German word (Nerv as well, which helps my case), I would believe that one of the HQ's would be in Germany, in between Wurzburg, Schweinfurt, Tirschenreuith, and Coburg. This is the largest space from cities I've seen, and is on high ground, Isolating it from the population. This is if there were to be one HQ. I wonder what you guys have to say.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:39 am

Many Seele members probably have regular jobs as corporate honchos or mega-financiers, with maybe only the really shady ones (like Keel Lorenz) actually staying completely out of public sight. In any case, there can't be a headquarters for these people, and with their fancy hologram technology, who needs a headquarters? They can have conferences with their associates no matter where they're located.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:46 am

How or what SEELE really was, the producers have never elaborated further about this organization (save for the stuff presented in the Classified Information files in the Eva 2 game).

Being a totally secret society, they have eschewed the idea of having a permanent HQ, even a perfectly hidden one in either Siberia or bored into the Swiss Alps, and even with a trusted support and security staff, for such a gathering place would do nothing except to draw unwarranted attention.

As Ursus said, they prefer secure teleconferencing/telepresence, with communications completely encrypted and individual terminals linked by comsats under their control.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:53 am

Understandable. But why can't they teleconference from the HQ? I don't see that the Seele members have regular jobs. Couldn't someone sense something fishy about the Seele members? And true, they do have fancy hologram technology, but note how every conference in NGE featuring this technology was in a specific room. It doesn't look like it is portable. So, unless every building in the world was equipped with such a room, I don't think they can have a conference wherever. And with the unwanted attention, It could be similar to the "Area 51" dilemma: There are rumors, but we don't really know.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:32 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:I don't see that the Seele members have regular jobs.

Some of them, including Keel, are highly-positioned U.N. officials, and the rest are probably influential men in politics, science, and economics.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:50 pm

The Classified Information makes a reference to "headquarters", which is probably in Germany somewhere, but more than that sounds like a bad idea for an ostensibly "secret" society. Maybe they have secret rooms here and there where they can hang out, but nothing like dedicated buildings.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:12 pm

View Original PostAllemann wrote:Some of them, including Keel, are highly-positioned U.N. officials, and the rest are probably influential men in politics, science, and economics.

I don't exactly consider that a regular job.. considering that Seele is part of the U.N (or is the U.N part of Seele?). Reichu's explanation seems solid, but there has to be at least one dedicated building somewhere. Where would they keep all the information they have? And if you say on servers, USB's, etc, where are those utilities?
The Moats of Quotes

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:38 pm

Seele is a century old cabal that started out as a mystical group within medieval Judaism. It's members, at least in 2015, are men who have enormous influence in international politics through the U.N. All these men have regular jobs; next to it they're members of an organization, which also has a public face of an art and science patron (they financed the Katsuragi expedition). Like any secret organization, they obviously must have locations known only to a select few, where they keep hidden knowledge.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:48 pm

What exactly is the difference between "the committee" and Seele? There's at least one shared member between the two. Far as I can tell, the committee is a bureaucratic sub-body tasked with bitching about money (why this concerns an organization working to bring about the apocalypse, I don't know). Says the Eva wiki:

Apparently the inner circle of Seele is the Human Instrumentality Committee, which directly oversees the progress of Nerv, officially in the name of the United Nations (which it actually controls). The committee is composed of five members, and is also headed by Chairman Keel.

Which doesn't help me out much. Nerv is like 90% of Seele's instrumentality scheme, they can't oversee things personally (as they end up doing anyway)? Why the middlemen?

Anyway, to bring things back to the topic, I imagine the committee (if not Seele) must have a headquarters of some kind if they're a semi-legit organization.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:21 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:there has to be at least one dedicated building somewhere.

Well, like I said, CI directly alludes to a "headquarters" where the Secret Dead Sea Scrolls are housed.

@Warren: Quite admittedly, a lot of the Wiki stuff on the organizations needs to be expanded... At some point or other, I'll have to see what the supplemental sources say about the committee, and whether or not it jibes / adds upon whatever we've deduced from watching the show.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

rhfxz1s
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby rhfxz1s » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:33 pm

View Original PostAllemann wrote:Seele is a century old cabal that started out as a mystical group within medieval Judaism. It's members, at least in 2015, are men who have enormous influence in international politics through the U.N. All these men have regular jobs; next to it they're members of an organization, which also has a public face of an art and science patron (they financed the Katsuragi expedition). Like any secret organization, they obviously must have locations known only to a select few, where they keep hidden knowledge.
Are you sure it's been around for only a century? I've heard some people say SEELE has been around for like a thousand years. Not sure if either one is correct though.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:54 pm

@Allemann & Warren: O.k, we can (semi-)confirm they have an HQ of some sort, but where would it most likely be? I think that where I said is the most plausible. I think such because It is the largest gap between cities in Germany (as far as I've observed), not much of a tourist attraction, and is on high grounds (therefore, if someone wanted to go there, have fun climbing mountains). Speculate, folks.
The Moats of Quotes

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:15 pm

View Original Postrhfxz1s wrote:Are you sure it's been around for only a century? I've heard some people say SEELE has been around for like a thousand years. Not sure if either one is correct though.

Reread that post. SEELE grew out of medieval Kabbalah shit but the group in its present form ("lol let's kill the world to become god guys") came into existence only pretty recently - although I'm not sure where the "century" figure comes from.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:53 pm

http://wiki.evageeks.org/Classified_Information_%28Translation%29#Seele

It doesn't make any sense to me for a global secret organization to have a centralized headquarters. There's no need for a public front like global corporations do, it's a lot easier to stay "behind the scenes" if you have no large centralized HQ that would attract attention. If it's a matter of storing all of their knowledge, again, it doesn't need to be centralized. Would make more sense to take advantage of networking and redundancy, and have everything spread globally. Fuyu and Ritsuko get taken to some Seele facility, but there's nothing to suggest that it's their main HQ (especially since Kaji broke in a lifted Fuyu out so easily). We know Seele are in different parts of the world when they're using monoliths to communicate and everyone is getting turned into LCL, as the Monoliths disappear staggered, suggesting that they were communicating remotely with each other (Gendo was not at that meeting, it was just the top brass and Keel).

This is all speculation of course. For all we know, Seele could be like one of those bad guys from Venture Brothers where they build huge HQs that everyone knows about, however little sense that would make.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:13 pm

I doubt Seele has a big impressive headquarters, much less one in the wilderness where logistics would be a nightmare. Besides, it's too obvious for them. The Dead Sea Scrolls are probably kept in a max-security bank vault somewhere and only withdrawn when needed.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

SenorSquiid
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SenorSquiid » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:16 pm

SEELE are basically THE JEWS/ THE ILLUMINATI/ THE NEW WORLD ORDER. Any good conspiracy can tell you that these organizations, decentralized though they are, do have certian locations of interest, little bases and places. Probably in banks and museums, old churches, things like that. No doubt the organization's members would have over the centuries amassed huge amounts of art and artifiacts, some of which they've probably put up for public display (hence using museums and churches as bases, plus their religious inclinations), and some of which would be held privately, probably in banks, vaults, etc. But as Reichu said. CI says they DO have some kind of base, which I'll just say is probably in Ingolsdat, which would be obvious to any good conspiracy nerd.

But yeah, decentralized. But we can see at least from Rebuild that NERV's SEELE Conference holodeck is pretty big. The members, some of whom are probably austere religious types, might not all live in giant mansions with huge hologram auditorium's, and they would also need to be able to conference on the go, since they're important guys who probably do a fair amount of travelling, so where are they putting their holodecks? Or are they just skyping on their netbooks during transcontinental flights and Gendo is just having a midlife crisis and wanted the biggest, badassest holoconferencing room he could get?

EDIT: Seele can see what's going on during third impact. They at least have assistants and techs who are patching through all the cameras. They're pretty technologically capable for a bunch of old men. They have to have some sort of IT staff.
fnord

---
I will never stop trashing Magma Diver.
Ever.

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sharaz Destler » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:50 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:The Classified Information makes a reference to "headquarters", which is probably in Germany somewhere, but more than that sounds like a bad idea for an ostensibly "secret" society.

An electronic headquarters, perhaps? They of all people would no doubt keep backup copies of the Dead Sea Scrolls and put the stuff on some kind of a secure server.
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:17 pm

If this helps at all (which I doubt), around 20 minutes into EoE (skip to 20:36), some Seele official is shown with his assistant(?) in some sort of large palace-type building. Perhaps those of you with architectural knowledge can determine the building style? Although this doesn't show where Seele headquarters is, we may at least be able to know where one of the members is based.
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:45 pm

That's the Japanese Prime Minister, who is probably more unwittingly in SEELE's pocket than he is an actual member.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:53 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:That's the Japanese Prime Minister, who is probably more unwittingly in SEELE's pocket than he is an actual member.

Ah. I see. Foolish of me to think it was a Seele member. Just out of curiosity, though, how did you know it was the Prime Minister?
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”