Evangelion 01 as the 'missing' Sephirah?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Zuggy
Banned

Evangelion 01 as the 'missing' Sephirah?

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:23 am

I just thought of this.

If you place the seed of life over the tree of life like so:

Do you notice something missing?

With further investigation the 'missing' Sephirah is called Daath.

The Hebrew word for knowledge. It is an existing/non-existing 11th
sephirah on the Tree of Life, the "Gateway to the Other World" (and to
the shadow-side of the tree), thence leading to the 22 qliphotic
tunnels and their demonic sentinels. By the same token, it is the same
doorway through which death, non-existence and Hell come into life.

Please think about this, kinda fits doesn't it?

I can't remember exactly where Eva 01 was within the tree of life at the End of Evangelion, does anyone have a screencap?

The Mass Production Models may have been used to 'invoke' Eva 01 to 'release' the Daath Sephirah.

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Evangelion 01 as the 'missing' Sephirah?

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:46 am

Zugzwang wrote:I can't remember exactly where Eva 01 was within the tree of life at the End of Evangelion, does anyone have a screencap?

The symbol was the other way around, with Unit-01 closer to the top than the bottom.

[URL=http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mpevaspreexplosion4lh.jpg]Image[/URL]
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:48 am

Ferchrisakes...

sir_evangelist
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby sir_evangelist » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:20 am

Zugzwang, where did you find those images?

S.O.M
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby S.O.M » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:32 pm

WOW, that insane...how did this come to you?
Snake....SNAKE.....SSSSNNNAKKKKEEEE!!

sir_evangelist
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby sir_evangelist » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:17 am

This can be right if we considerate that eva series had the s2 engine imaplanted, also the 01 and maybe rei-lilith when adam was absorbed by Rei. What if we say that somewhat adam had the s2 engine?

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:37 pm

Wait. Hang on. Is Unit-01 in the position of the missing "death" sephiroth or not?

Oblivious
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Oblivious » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:56 pm

ObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:Wait. Hang on. Is Unit-01 in the position of the missing "daath" sephiroth or not?

Fixed.

It also seems that Unit-01 is in the Yesod sephira in your image. Daath is not in it.

If Daath were included, it would be second after Keter in the center column, in between Binah and Chockmah. If we were to reverse your image, Unit-01 would indeed be in Daath's position, however there are only four orbs in the center column in the screenshot. With Daath included, it should be five; Keter, Daath, Tiferet, Yesod, Malkuth.

Funfact: Daath stands for Knowledge, a synthesis of Chockmah(Inspiration) and Binah(Logic). Daath is hidden, so Knowledge is hidden. Makes sense no?
http://graveyardofroses.spaces.live.com
You can either choose to change yourself or change your surroundings. All decisions are variations of those two.

BLACKANGEL32076
Sachiel
Sachiel

Re: Evangelion 01 as the 'missing' Sephirah?

•      
  •      

Postby BLACKANGEL32076 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:01 am

Zugzwang wrote:I just thought of this.

If you place the seed of life over the tree of life like so:

Do you notice something missing?

With further investigation the 'missing' Sephirah is called Daath.

The Hebrew word for knowledge. It is an existing/non-existing 11th
sephirah on the Tree of Life, the "Gateway to the Other World" (and to
the shadow-side of the tree), thence leading to the 22 qliphotic
tunnels and their demonic sentinels. By the same token, it is the same
doorway through which death, non-existence and Hell come into life.

Please think about this, kinda fits doesn't it?

I can't remember exactly where Eva 01 was within the tree of life at the End of Evangelion, does anyone have a screencap?

The Mass Production Models may have been used to 'invoke' Eva 01 to 'release' the Daath Sephirah.

Dude, where did you get your info? I like getting sourses of info like that.
-...because a lot can happen in 24hrs.
-"Consistancy people, consistancy!!!"-George Carlin

Eternal Yamcha
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternal Yamcha » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:12 am

I dunno, I say that we're looking at the Tree of Life upside down in the image that ObsessiveMathsFreak supplied for us. If it isn't mean to be upside down and we are indeed looking at it the way we see it (from bottom up) then Yesod is missing... Either way, we're missing something...

I would like to find out where some information on the Tree of Life may be hidden, I found a 'chart' about three years ago but found very little other than that.

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:04 pm

I think this was from 'A Beginners Guide to Constructing The Universe'

Although I may be wrong, connections take time to find their place

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:05 pm

Intriguing.

Oblivious
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Oblivious » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:48 pm

I feel that it is neccesary to point out that Anno and co were using this symbology solely for style.

It's not going to far to expect that core concepts like the Path to God and the Tree of Life would be covered, however I am afraid that finding anything significantly deeper than this would be unlikely though we might luck out and find something.

Furthermore, I am unable to see any relation between Daath's properties and Unit-01.

The Sephiroth are supposed to represent the ten 'Filters' from which Keter, God's light, is processed and transformed into Malkuth, Kingdom, our world, us. You might call them transformers.

The MP Evas took those positions and deployed their A^2.T fields, which served to reverse our current form from Malkuth(Material), to Keter(Immaterial). The God here being Lilith and her Blackmoon. This would then 'Return humans to their original form'. That form being Soul. (This is what I meant when I posited the SEELE merely wished for us to die)

Strangely fitting.

Technically though, this Third Impact should have resulted in *All Matter* being tangified, since Malkuth encompasses our entire 'Kingdom', not just human bodies. I remember Ibuki mentioning something about how matter could no longer sustain its form. Could someone verify this?

Now, back to Unit-01. I personally believe that Unit-01 should have been at Keter instead of down there at Yesod since Keter is the ultimate 'Source'. Both Daath and Yesod are irrelevent to Unit-01's role in Third Impact, since Unit-01 eventually becomes 'The Equivalent of God', which both Sephiroth have nothing to do with.
You can either choose to change yourself or change your surroundings. All decisions are variations of those two.

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:57 pm

What exactly is missing here? As far as I can see the symbol in Evangelion corressponds exactly to the tree of life.

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:15 pm

That was interesting Obivious. However, I felt that when I read the description of Daath it fits Eva-01, as it does reveal itself like hidden knowledge... does that make any sense at all lol

I don't know how to put it

sire evangelist wrote:This can be right if we considerate that eva series had the s2 engine imaplanted, also the 01 and maybe rei-lilith when adam was absorbed by Rei. What if we say that somewhat adam had the s2 engine?

No dude, it was disproven by the screencap, thats why I asked for it.

Oblivious
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Oblivious » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:47 pm

ObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:What exactly is missing here? As far as I can see the symbol in Evangelion corressponds exactly to the tree of life.

Hmmm...

Yes it does correspond exactly to the tree of life, no inaccuracies there. The thing is; Unit-01 was not in Daath, as there were only four Sephiroth in the center column in your screenie. With Daath it should be five.

I think the confusion here is with Daath. Usually, Daath is not shown on the diagram of the Tree of Life; it is considered a 'Hidden' Sephira. It still counts as one, however. Keyword: Hidden

It would make some sort of sense if Unit-01 did represent Daath as they are both the 'Odd ones out', but that is based on merely pattern, and not hard fact.

Eternal Yamcha
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternal Yamcha » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:05 am

I know I shouldn't be bringing this topic back, but there is a question that is burning my soul at this point... Mainly because I just thought of it.

So "Daath" is the missing Sephira right? Well do we not know what it is suppose to represent? Like we have Honor, Fear, Intelligence, Wisdom, etc. What is "Daath" suppose to represent? I mean, I have my own theory, though I doubt that it's the answer... But instead of sitting around and waiting to find out that it is wrong and never saying it... I'll just throw it out in a simple sense.

Just as a random thought, if there was no explaination as to wait "Daath" was, I thinking that it would have something to do with the Fruit of Life some how. Thus making it impossible, but basically all standards, for one single man to become god.

You can all tear my idea apart now.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:40 pm

Eternal Yamcha wrote:What is "Daath" suppose to represent?

According to the guided tour of the Sephiroticum in Alan Moore's Promethea, it signifies Knowledge (as opposed to wisdom).
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Oblivious
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Oblivious » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:07 pm

Eternal Yamcha wrote:I know I shouldn't be bringing this topic back, but there is a question that is burning my soul at this point... Mainly because I just thought of it.

So "Daath" is the missing Sephira right? Well do we not know what it is suppose to represent? Like we have Honor, Fear, Intelligence, Wisdom, etc. What is "Daath" suppose to represent? I mean, I have my own theory, though I doubt that it's the answer... But instead of sitting around and waiting to find out that it is wrong and never saying it... I'll just throw it out in a simple sense.

Just as a random thought, if there was no explaination as to wait "Daath" was, I thinking that it would have something to do with the Fruit of Life some how. Thus making it impossible, but basically all standards, for one single man to become god.

You can all tear my idea apart now.

Oblivious wrote:If Daath were included, it would be second after Keter in the center column, in between Binah and Chockmah. If we were to reverse your image, Unit-01 would indeed be in Daath's position, however there are only four orbs in the center column in the screenshot. With Daath included, it should be five; Keter, Daath, Tiferet, Yesod, Malkuth.

Funfact: Daath stands for Knowledge, a synthesis of Chockmah(Inspiration) and Binah(Logic). Daath is hidden, so Knowledge is hidden. Makes sense no?

In my quote I am basically saying that judging from OMF's picture, it is impossible for Unit-01 to be in Daath. Though, there might have been another picture we missed that shows Unit-01 in Daath. I am not fully sure, I have not checked it myself.

That aside, perhaps the Fruit you are looking for is the Fruit of the Knowledge of Good and Evil?

Tell us more about your idea.

Eternal Yamcha
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternal Yamcha » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:41 pm

I was just thinking that it made a little sense (to me, really flippin tired at whatever o'clock in the morning) that Daath be something impossible for man to do. Isn't the Tree of Sephiroth all about the steps to becoming god? If that's the case, then it would make sense that there'd be something impossible for man to get to become God.

Like I said, that's my crackpot made up at like 3 in the morning theory. I read a REALLY long article about the Tree of Sephiroth which took a while... Unfortunately I didn't store it in my short term memory.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”