Rei's tablets

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
TheLobe
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheLobe » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:41 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:I'm bored of this attitude of EGF's members, if it's not explicitly against NGE and it can be supported by hints in NGE why do you want to throw it out completely just like it doesn't even exist?

and on that note, there's a scene in the manga where ritsuko says she's keeping reis body alive. apparantly she regularly injects Rei with something. Course' thats in the manga.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:17 pm

View Original PostTheLobe wrote:and on that note, there's a scene in the manga where ritsuko says she's keeping reis body alive. apparantly she regularly injects Rei with something. Course' thats in the manga.

She injects her something in the Rebuild as well (but it's not mentioned that it's needed to keep her alive).
EDIT: she's not injected anything, I wasn't remembering correctly the scene; she was only together with Ritsuko in her studio; it's possible that she simply received some medicine.
Do we want to start a discussion about the mutual canonicity of different 2nd, 3rd, 4rd and 5th tier sources (there's also the issue about NGE2 being at least one grade higher than the manga even though it uses elements from the manga)?
Last edited by Hyper Shinchan on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

lilim
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby lilim » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:17 pm

View Original Postthewayneiac wrote:(..)She seems to be aware of dreams here

ah, thanks for that. actually, there are a lot of scenes i need to more attention to the next time i watch EoE [i've only seen it once] i remember that part catching me off guard, and i didn't recall that but you're right.

Zenoseiya
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Zenoseiya » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:43 pm

So basically these pills stabilize her ATF, we'll assume for now.

Why is her ATF unstable?

If she's supposedly made of Seed of Life/Angel particles arranged into the form and function of human cells, then why would she be in danger of falling apart if Angel particles do not require a soul/ATF to remain stable? (Probably because that's fanwank that happens to be wrong, since many Angels have been seen to explode upon death.)

Perhaps her ATF is unstable because 1) her clones were brought into existence through a somewhat violent process and 2) her soul is damaged and split across two bodies.

Or it is because her Destrudo overpowers her Libido? She wants to disintegrate on some level?

Or does she not see the need for keeping her body stable for long periods of time, considering she can just get a new one? She doesn't see anything wrong with needlessly wearing out her body if she has a spare?

Some combination of the the three? General psychological instability? We'll never know why.
Favorite Pairing: Kaworu/Shinji/Asuka
Hated Pairing: Shinji/Rei
Okay Pairing: Kaworu/Rei

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby tehprognoob » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:53 am

prolly shitty construction...

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:41 pm

We're not given any hint that her AT Field is unstable in any way until End of Evangelion, however, and just shortly before, she was pwning Kaworu with her god-AT Field and crap.

And it's probably not her wish to die, since she's had that her whole life and it's only now that she's abandoning it that she's falling apart.

Personally, I always felt her pills were some normal medical thing, and her AT Field is falling apart because of her intensely closed, unsheltered proximity to her original body. Didn't Rei 1 tell her this, exactly? That she was afraid to return to her original form because she thought her current self would disappear?

With the knowledge of who she is, and the fear of what will happen to her, combined with the the fact that the AT Field defines your shape in accordance to your ego...

Rei's ego is falling apart. "Rei" is dissolving into the sea of the soul that is called "Lilith", and knowing this, she devotes her final moments as "Rei" to Shinji.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

Zenoseiya
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Zenoseiya » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:33 pm

View Original PostAuraTwilight wrote:Rei's ego is falling apart. "Rei" is dissolving into the sea of the soul that is called "Lilith", and knowing this, she devotes her final moments as "Rei" to Shinji.
By your own admission, PWM doesn't require an ATF to remain stable. She's actively forcing her own body to fall apart if that's the case.
Favorite Pairing: Kaworu/Shinji/Asuka
Hated Pairing: Shinji/Rei
Okay Pairing: Kaworu/Rei

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:57 pm

That's exactly what I'm suggesting. Her ego is actively destroying itself. Because PWM takes whatever shape the Entity's ego takes (thus the weird, Kaiju-like Angels), if Rei stops seeing herself as Rei, logically her body should stop holding a "Rei" form.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”