[LAEM] Weta Workshop adds Evangelion to their Filmography

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:50 am

AchtungAffen wrote:I can only forgive this movie if the plugsuits are made transparent. So not only we can appreciate the virtues of the girl pilots, but also clear that doubt about "Shinji has boobs" and the other "Shinji has... *anything*??"

On the Shinji issue (as it were), I though EoE already cleared up both those points:

Here and here, respectively. Admittedly the latter is only circumstantial :twisted:
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

ice reaper
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby ice reaper » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:10 am

i haven't looked at the links on the last post yet, but i dare say i know where they shall lead.....Rei on top of Shinji perhaps?

.......*after looking* seems i was horribly, horribly wrong.

"The divine fall silent as the freil plea aloud"

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:51 pm

I can only forgive this movie if the plugsuits are made transparent. So not only we can appreciate the virtues of the girl pilots, but also clear that doubt about "Shinji has boobs" and the other "Shinji has... *anything*??"

It frightens me to think of how many fans will be disappointed by this movie just because they didn't get to see underage nudity.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:51 am

ice reaper wrote:.......*after looking* seems i was horribly, horribly wrong.

[HHGG]Glad to be of service.[/HHGG]

Hexon.Arq wrote:It frightens me to think of how many fans will be disappointed by this movie just because they didn't get to see underage nudity.

...and justify their complaints as the movie not being sufficiently faithful to the source material.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

ice reaper
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby ice reaper » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:54 am

a problem with not having the underage nudity (i can't type this with a straight face) is that you miss out on most of the end of evangelion and the Shinji on Rei bit in volume 2.

up with underage nudity on weastern film

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:12 am

I rest my case, m'lud.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:53 am

a problem with not having the underage nudity (i can't type this with a straight face) is that you miss out on most of the end of evangelion and the Shinji on Rei bit in volume 2.

up with underage nudity on weastern film

One thing they might do to get around that problem is give the movie a longer time frame then the original anime. The first movie might start out with Shinji being the age he was in the anime, but by the time they get to EOE he might be older.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

ice reaper
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby ice reaper » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:03 pm

maybe......i hope not, but still. even if that was the case the vol2 incidant is.....well in vol2, miles too early for that to take effect. they might be able to get around that though, they could do it and just get loads of flack. and remember; they need to find an actor and actress to fit the parts of Shinji and Asuka and be willing to do such a thing on screen.

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Carl Horn » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:54 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:
If they get rid of Misato's one-piece and bumfreezer, I won't be mourning. Honestly, why is a woman in the military going around in a tight black skirt in a first place?

A pair of jeans might be nice. Or at least a uniform that looks like something a person would actually wear after having been toilet trained.

"Where the hell have you been, Misato?"
"TRAINING, SIR!"
"What kind of training, Misato?"
"EVA TRAINING, SIR!!!"

I'm not entirely sure that Misato is toilet trained yet. With heavy drinkers it's often difficult to tell. And of course, NERV isn't exactly the United States Marine Corps when it comes to spit-and-polish and close-order drill. Misato's discipline shows itself in her courage and tactical acumen; everything else seems to be her private business. And of course, at NERV, 9/10 of everyone's business turns out to be private... :D

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:32 pm

Carl Horn wrote: Misato's discipline shows itself in her courage and tactical acumen; everything else seems to be her private business.

*GASP* What if the treatment has inverted these qualities? What if the movie has Misato kicking back in her chair, chowing on a microwave green chile burrito, listening to Judas Priest on her iPod while in the midst of battle? Welp, at least she's in those arctic jammies--er, that uniform.

_get some help

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Carl Horn » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:46 am

Hexon.Arq wrote:
Carl Horn wrote: Misato's discipline shows itself in her courage and tactical acumen; everything else seems to be her private business.

*GASP* What if the treatment has inverted these qualities? What if the movie has Misato kicking back in her chair, chowing on a microwave green chile burrito, listening to Judas Priest on her iPod while in the midst of battle? Welp, at least she's in those arctic jammies--er, that uniform.

I'm just imagining all hell breaking loose inside NERV HQ while Misato is obliviously singing along to her headphones: "The ACE of Spades...the ACE of Spades...!"

No, wait...that would be Motorhead. Well, say that was the next track on her playlist.

Crazy_Beserker
Embryo

Postby Crazy_Beserker » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:58 pm

Hey guys i just watched the piece about the Live Action Movie on the Directer's Cut: Resurrection DVD and Richard Taylor said at the end of the piece that they would be very glad and excited IF the movie was to go ahead and they got the chance to do the special effects and so on...so right now it looks like its in the works but still a long way from being started :P well thats the impression i got from what Richard Taylor said...

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby rip3mwk » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:57 pm

Yes, the movie(s), if they do arrive, will take much time to be released. Either way the Res DVD interview is old news -- not much current news after that...

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Phaze » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:23 pm

The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Ryo » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:16 pm

Who's that?
Asuka > Rei

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Phaze » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:25 pm

This person. [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Alba[/url]
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Ryo » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:28 pm

Oh, she. But isn't she a little too told to act as Asuka? Of course, maybe they'll let the pilots be adults. But that'd be changing a kinda major part of the series. :cry:
Last edited by Ryo on Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Asuka > Rei

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:14 pm

*looks at picture*

Oooooooohh..... I see. Now it all makes sense.

Nah. :P

_get some help

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:28 am

I always thought Jessica Alba would make a pretty good Misato. She would be about the right age and she has an incredibly hot face and figure. Plus she now is a name and has a following in Hollywood so that could bring people in.

Well that is she would if the movie was ever going to be made, which I still think it isn't.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Ryo » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:31 am

Asuka > Rei

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”