[LAEM] Trailers (and tagline ideas if you want)

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

MAGI
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby MAGI » Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:26 am

Hm... It seems to have gotten worse.

Maybe just keep it to "The end begun" and say no more. Eh?
ココにいても、いいの?
Is it okay for me to be here?

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:03 am

No offense, guys, but a lot of these are downright pretentious in that they cater to people who might have a sliver of a chance of knowing what all of this is an allusion to.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

MAGI
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby MAGI » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:47 am

This is a fan-thing. :D We're mostly just having fun. It's just my way to perfect things if I can.
ココにいても、いいの?

Tsukasa
Adam

Postby Tsukasa » Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:49 pm

From black, the camera (which is lying on the snow-covered ground, abandoned near a vacant campsite) comes into a scene of Arctic wind and blowing snow, with an occassional gust. The recording of the camera (the camera already has 3 hours of recording and the date on it says September 13, 2000) blurs once in awhile, twitches, and has those static-lines etch across the screen (like you would see in a faulty camera).

Then a voice on a walkie talkie (which can be seen after a gust of wind blows off snow covering the antenna and the it starts to transmit. A man on the walkie starts talking (one of the conversations from the opening seqence of Death) and then as he continues, the other conversations start coming in until they all are going at once (the voices are in various loudness) lasting for about a good minute or so. We then hear a small shockwave and the snow around the camera 'jumps' as a result of the sound. The voices on the talkie keep getting louder and more paniced (the video camera still doing its static-lines and twitching). Then, when the voices on the talkie become nothing but screaming and heart-felt panic, a final message can be heard above the others on the walkie. A scientist says, "Ah, look! It is beautiful! We have done it, Katsuragi! A living God, Ada..." The talkie goes silent after violently breaking up the transmission. Then, everything is quiet. Suddenly, the snow blowing around starts to be drawn towards the horizon, like a giant vacuum had been turned on (the camera and the walkie are slightly drawn towards the horizon as well). Then, a piercing sheen of light from the horizon appears, everything still silent. Then, a MASSIVE shockwave approaches, with the snow all around 'exploding' upwards. Then, the sheen of light erupts into a mass of exploding and firey chaos and as that explosive mess approaches the camera, the surrounding ice and snow are melted into water and just before the camera is vaporized, we can see the image of Adam's wings emerging from the center of the explosion while the horrific cry of Adam can be heard at a very high pitch (the wind is blowing VERY violently with various things of equipment and water flying around, much like a large cyclone). The camera then dies and all goes black.

We then hear a Ritsuko's voice in the background saying, "And in his folly, man tried to make this God his own...and was punished."

We then see a sequence erupting into flashes of random scenes from both the anime and the live-action film, with lines from both shows being whispered.

Shinji's voice then says, "I thought this was something painless. A perfect world."

Rei's voice then says, "You've misunderstood it from the very beginning. You are creating feelings for yourself."

Shinji's voice then says, "But no one understands me."

Rei then says, "That is the extension of reality.

Shinji then says, "My...where is my reality?"

The flashing scenes begin to fade to black.

Rei says, finally, "That is at the end of the dream."

Then, in the NERV logo font and color:

"The end is emanating."

"(Insert release date here.)"

I don't know, I just tried to make it sound more interesting, like the end is happening now as they watch the trailer.
Romans 3:23

MAGI
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby MAGI » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:38 am

I honestly had to look 'emanating' up. :lol: Me and my vocabluary...

Why not just keep it "The end begun."?
ココにいても、いいの?

Tsukasa
Adam

Postby Tsukasa » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:37 am

Eh, alright.

"The end begun." it shall be, but is that proper grammar?

Shouldn't it be "The end began."?

MAGI
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby MAGI » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:36 am

Yeah, that's the one. :lol:
ココにいても、いいの?

Tsukasa
Adam

Postby Tsukasa » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:46 pm

Newest version for MAGI (if decided) will try and make:

From black, the camera (which is lying on the snow-covered ground, abandoned near a vacant campsite) comes into a scene of Arctic wind and blowing snow, with an occassional gust. The recording of the camera (the camera already has 3 hours of recording and the date on it says September 13, 2000) blurs once in awhile, twitches, and has those static-lines etch across the screen (like you would see in a faulty camera).

Then a voice on a walkie talkie (which can be seen after a gust of wind blows off snow covering the antenna and the it starts to transmit. A man on the walkie starts talking (one of the conversations from the opening seqence of Death) and then as he continues, the other conversations start coming in until they all are going at once (the voices are in various loudness) lasting for about a good minute or so. We then hear a small shockwave and the snow around the camera 'jumps' as a result of the sound. The voices on the talkie keep getting louder and more paniced (the video camera still doing its static-lines and twitching). Then, when the voices on the talkie become nothing but screaming and heart-felt panic, a final message can be heard above the others on the walkie. A scientist says, "Ah, look! It is beautiful! We have done it, Katsuragi! A living God, Ada..." The talkie goes silent after violently breaking up the transmission. Then, everything is quiet. Suddenly, the snow blowing around starts to be drawn towards the horizon, like a giant vacuum had been turned on (the camera and the walkie are slightly drawn towards the horizon as well). Then, a piercing sheen of light from the horizon appears, everything still silent. Then, a MASSIVE shockwave approaches, with the snow all around 'exploding' upwards. Then, the sheen of light erupts into a mass of exploding and firey chaos and as that explosive mess approaches the camera, the surrounding ice and snow are melted into water and just before the camera is vaporized, we can see the image of Adam's wings emerging from the center of the explosion while the horrific cry of Adam can be heard at a very high pitch (the wind is blowing VERY violently with various things of equipment and water flying around, much like a large cyclone). The camera then dies and all goes black.

We then hear a Ritsuko's voice in the background saying, "And in his folly, man tried to make this God his own...and was punished."

We then see a sequence erupting into flashes of random scenes from both the anime and the live-action film, with lines from both shows being whispered.

Shinji's voice then says, "I thought this was something painless. A perfect world."

Rei's voice then says, "You've misunderstood it from the very beginning. You are creating feelings for yourself."

Shinji's voice then says, "But no one understands me."

Rei then says, "That is the extension of reality.

Shinji then says, "My...where is my reality?"

The flashing scenes begin to fade to black.

Rei says, finally, "That is at the end of the dream."

Then, in the NERV logo font and color:

"The end began."

(Insert release date here.)

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

Postby ChronoX » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:21 pm

they keep getting better and better
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

kosure
Adam

Postby kosure » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:46 pm

its not bad grammer if your trying to say it like this;

(this is) the end, begun.

Like this is what the end will look like when it has begun.

Its strange, but not wrong. Esperally not for eva.
i think cosplay is a lot like communism, it seems like a good idea, but it never turns out the way you want.
Star Wars: The Ultimate Guide

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby bp32 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:24 am

kosure wrote:its not bad grammer if your trying to say it like this;

(this is) the end, begun.

Like this is what the end will look like when it has begun.

Its strange, but not wrong. Esperally not for eva.

Yeah, I still don't think it sounds right however you slice it--it just sounds clunky....

...shouldn't it be "The End has Begun"....or...."Mankind's End has Begun"...or something like that??
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

Olin of Xephon
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Olin of Xephon » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:45 pm

I have to agree with Hex, you can't assume anybody who's going to see this trailer knows anything about Evangelion or even gives a dman about anime.

You somehow have to catch a entire nation's attention in a couple of minutes. That was my trailer's premise. Does it sound like anything but a flashy Sci-Fi with teenage sex and loads of explosions or gore? No.

But that's something a lot of people will pay to see.
Now the grand thing is your not entirely misleading them as there is a lot of fan service and action, but there's so much more you're out of luck trying to stick into a theatrical trailer that anybody will want to see.

I like several versions of Tsukasa's trailer, but's that's mainly because I love Evangelion already. The average movie goer is going to go, "what's with that?" and not be terribly interested.

I like everybody's trailers so far, Hex's may be my favorite, but I like things cryptic.

I liked the Slice of Life teasers MAGI did, and while HEX is right, it reveals to much, they could really work as trailers for the second ro third movies, assuming they made more then one.

Now, does anybody have any ideas for a trailer that doesn't begin in Antartica? Not that I don't like the idea, I just want to come at it from a different angle.
I asked "And where would you take me?"
At this the beast laughed, tears made of my mother's blood leaked from his eyes.
"I will take you to every place you never wanted to be, and you will hate it."
"Then I will take you to every place you've already been, and you will hate that also."
"Last I will take you to the places you have always dreamed of, and that you'll hate worst of all."

chiefen
Tunniel
Tunniel

^_^ \/,,

Postby chiefen » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:19 pm

MAGI wrote:"
"Before you die, you see the albino."

Haha! I laughed! :lol:
As we say in Sweden, "Clean as a bell" (direct translations suck as usual) :)

Sventevith
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: ^_^ \/,,

Postby Sventevith » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:34 pm

chiefen wrote:
MAGI wrote:"
"Before you die, you see the albino."

Haha! I laughed! :lol:
As we say in Sweden, "Clean as a bell" (direct translations suck as usual) :)

I didn't like it, so you should go to bed.
"Meglio soli che mal accompagnati."

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby DatDude » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:58 pm

Lets call it NGE: crappy edition ! Its a tag line sure to fit.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

sweetdewberry
Embryo

Postby sweetdewberry » Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:23 pm

wow, this topic is so interesting and complex...
The trailer could be really anything! That's what's soo great about this, the possibilities are endless...You all got great ideas.

Well, the one thing I almost always cringe about is seeing an Eva battle in the trailer. I want to make a point that it isn't just about Eva battles. I want to make a point that it isn't a Hollywood hero-goes-fights-a-lot-and-comes-home-with-a-happy-ending movie. Throw in some shots of an Eva doing its thing if its just for the sake of drawing people in, but don't mislead them. Anno probably did, at first, go a bit far into the battles with the "action arc" and he did try to tell the people who, towards the end, thought that they've been cheated that "you have just misunderstood from the start. You have simply assumed things."

I agree with you. Eva is a complex story with action/drama/thriller/scifi,ect...
As long as they make it simple:

(Begining) A snowy Antartic scene, teenage Misato is playing with Pepen around some scientists,...
Scientist: DOCTOR!! WE FOUND IT! it's....Ada...(earth)

In a world where knowlege is power...]

boom! there's a big explosion of the world (blackness)...Misato is speeding in her blue Renalt Alpine A310 on the high way, although they only show her cross neckless as she's driving...the view is on a silent, shy boy...stareing out the window...

Misato: [b]Are you okay?

Shinji: yea...

The music becomes louder as the camera leads up into the sky of a strange city away from the raceing car...

Many will strive for greatness...[/b]

(Music stays the same) A scene of Gendo walking through the hallways of Nerv as as they are working hard (but it's not shown exactlty what)...
Gendo stares blankly at something while standing next to Fuyutsuki.

Fuyutsuki: [b]Ahh, she is beautiful...creation...

Gendo: yes....indeed.

But Gendo was actually stareing at a young,mysterious girl who turns around and smiles faintly to him...

(Music is louder) A scene of a beautiful high school girl wearing the same uniform...
Asuka: Mine is the best in the world!
Toji: Show off...(slaps his laptop down)

Yet there shall be a sacrifice...[/b]

(Music is now louder)Nerv scene, blareing red alarms and signals are heard...Nerv team memebers are typeing vigourously and hecticly running around...

Ritsuko: [b]Hurry! The entry plug entry...

Makoto: God! It's a big one!
Shigeru: All systems go!
Misato: EVA 01! Ready! Launch!

It gradually gets more suspenful until the viewer is dyeing to see what's really happening...a huge roareing sound/ stomp in the tree's happens...Then a wide eyed Shinji...

Shinji: (heavy breath)

THE END IS NEAR (black out)

BANG!!/date/credits.

Whoo! Oh yeah babyy!

One key item is to not show the viewer any idea of what the main goal is...the Evas and Angels will be hiden in mystery.
it will keep new comers interested and not perplexed.
Last edited by sweetdewberry on Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby DatDude » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:00 pm

The tag line could be

" It only sucks half as much as you thought it would. "
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

dandy
Embryo

Postby dandy » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:25 pm

(Begining) A snowy Antartic scene, teenage Misato is playing with Pepen around some scientists,...

boom! there's a big explosion of the world (blackness)...Misato is speeding in her blue Renalt Alpine A310 on the high way, although they only show her cross neckless as she's driving...the view is on a silent, shy boy...stareing out the window...

Misato: Are you okay?

The music becomes louder as the camera leads up into the sky of a strange city away from the raceing car...

Many will strive for greatness...

(Music stays the same) A scene of Gendo walking through the hallways of Nerv as as they are working hard (but it's not shown exactlty what)...

Fuyutsuki: Ahh, she is beautiful...creation...

But Gendo was actually stareing at a young,mysterious girl who turns around and smiles faintly to him...

(Music is louder) A scene of a beautiful high school girl wearing the same uniform...

Yet there shall be a sacrifice...

(Music is now louder)Nerv scene, blareing red alarms and signals are heard...Nerv team memebers are typeing vigourously and hecticly running around...

It gradually gets more suspenful until the viewer is dyeing to see what's really happening...a huge roareing sound/ stomp in the tree's happens...Then a wide eyed Shinji...

BANG!!/date/credits.

wow! Great stuff! But I would'ent have forgoten seel though ;)

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:04 pm

Misato: Are you okay?

Many will strive for greatness...

Fuyutsuki: Ahh, she is beautiful...creation...

Yet there shall be a sacrifice...

BANG!!/date/credits.

1.) Do I have any idea what that movie is about?

2.) Was its vagueness elegant enough to make me care to find out what it's about?

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Crazyman42
Lilith

Postby Crazyman42 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:37 pm

I want a tagline comparing Evangelical Christians to Evangelion.

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”