[LAEM] Trailers (and tagline ideas if you want)

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

Postby ChronoX » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:38 pm

If the movie was to feature the entire series, it would be about 10+ hours or so long, they would most definitely have to break it up.
ok, trailer idea:

Boom, you see adam's wings coming out of the horizon and his blood curling scream and people trying to escape adam's wrath then the screen fades into black with only the face of Ritsuko to say"Man found a god in antartica and in his folly, mad tried to make this God his own and was punished"or something like what she said in the episodes maybe add the nerv logo with its signature "when god is in its heaven, all is right in the world. Then the screen breifly shows several fight scenes of the Eva's and of NERV itself. Then the screen goes black only to show Gendou's face which he says " The Angels are coming. We are the last defence of human kind, only the Eva's can defeat the angels. Humankind has no time left".
Then the nerv logo replaces Gendou's face to say "the fight for survival begins( the date of the release)

ok, how is that.
maybe put a mention of instrumentality and SEELE in there as well.
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:12 pm

Ok, that just sucked. :?

8) j/k ("j/k" being a courtesy j/k. It really did suck.)

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

Postby ChronoX » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:44 pm

well then you make one and ill see how good it is.
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

MAGI
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby MAGI » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:03 am

Well, the one thing I almost always cringe about is seeing an Eva battle in the trailer. I want to make a point that it isn't just about Eva battles. I want to make a point that it isn't a Hollywood hero-goes-fights-a-lot-and-comes-home-with-a-happy-ending movie. Throw in some shots of an Eva doing its thing if its just for the sake of drawing people in, but don't mislead them. Anno probably did, at first, go a bit far into the battles with the "action arc" and he did try to tell the people who, towards the end, thought that they've been cheated that "you have just misunderstood from the start. You have simply assumed things."
Having the typical American dull-minded people that big budget movies usually rely on to sell, we have to find the line where there's enough to get them to want it but not give too much to make them hate the end (if the end remains similar to the original). Not only that, but the movies should have a big impact on them when they first see it. Blow them away far beyond their original expectations.
Essentially, considering the main theme that Evangelion takes on - that people run away, do not communicate and are alone, there is the great genre of drama that should be central to the movies where the events simply push the characters further and further along towards the edge. Yes, watching the cool things that happen and the cool ladies who show up is fun to watch; but that is just a peripheral route to the end where our main character, Shinji, demonstrates all so nicely and simply the essense and the nature of mankind.
Not "is the angel going to rip him up? Is Misato going to wear a tight top?" but "is Shinji willing to return to the real world? Is Misato going to continue putting up with her acts?" If Evangelion is to be successful, the real fish it will have to catch are those who are willing to grow with the characters, gasp when they slap each other and cry when the next one dies; and all the other fish are those who are willing to stick around for the 'cool' stuff.
Building a tower on shifting foundations is the last thing you would wish for Evangelion. Can you, at least, get the trailer right?
ココにいても、いいの?
Is it okay for me to be here?

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby bp32 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:26 am

MAGI wrote:...the typical American dull-minded people...

Easy there bub....:)
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

Tsukasa
Adam

Postby Tsukasa » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:18 pm

Hmm...I see your point there, MAGI. I was considering omitting the last paragraph, so I guess this is a go for it, yah?

From black, the camera (which is lying on the snow-covered ground, abandoned near a vacant campsite) comes into a scene of Arctic wind and blowing snow, with an occassional gust. The recording of the camera (the camera already has 3 hours of recording and the date on it says September 13, 2000) blurs once in awhile, twitches, and has those static-lines etch across the screen (like you would see in a faulty camera).

Then a voice on a walkie talkie (which can be seen after a gust of wind blows off snow covering the antenna and the it starts to transmit. A man on the walkie starts talking (one of the conversations from the opening seqence of Death) and then as he continues, the other conversations start coming in until they all are going at once (the voices are in various loudness) lasting for about a good minute or so. We then hear a small shockwave and the snow around the camera 'jumps' as a result of the sound. The voices on the talkie keep getting louder and more paniced (the video camera still doing its static-lines and twitching). Then, when the voices on the talkie become nothing but screaming and heart-felt panic, a final message can be heard above the others on the walkie. A scientist says, "Ah, look! It is beautiful! We have done it, Katsuragi! A living God, Ada..." The talkie goes silent after violently breaking up the transmission. Then, everything is quiet. Suddenly, the snow blowing around starts to be drawn towards the horizon, like a giant vacuum had been turned on (the camera and the walkie are slightly drawn towards the horizon as well). Then, a piercing sheen of light from the horizon appears, everything still silent. Then, a MASSIVE shockwave approaches, with the snow all around 'exploding' upwards. Then, the sheen of light erupts into a mass of exploding and firey chaos and as that explosive mess approaches the camera, the surrounding ice and snow are melted into water and just before the camera is vaporized, we can see the image of Adam's wings emerging from the center of the explosion while the horrific cry of Adam can be heard at a very high pitch (the wind is blowing VERY violently with various things of equipment and water flying around, much like a large cyclone). The camera then dies and all goes black.

We then hear a Ritsuko's voice in the background saying, "And in his folly, man tried to make this God his own...and was punished."

We then see a sequence erupting into flashes of random scenes from both the anime and the live-action film, with lines from both shows being whispered.

Shinji's voice then says, "I thought this was something painless. A perfect world."

Rei's voice then says, "You've misunderstood it from the very beginning. You are creating feelings for yourself."

Gendo's voice then says, "I don't believe I can love people. I don't have that quality."

Rei then says, "That is the extension of reality.

Shinji then says, "My... where is my reality?"

The flashing scenes begin to fade to black.

Rei says, finally, "That is at the end of the dream."

"The Return to Nothingness begins (insert date here)"

What do you think of this one? This one is by FAR my favorite one.
Last edited by Tsukasa on Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Romans 3:23

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

Postby ChronoX » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:11 pm

You just keep getting better and better. You ought to give this to the producers to make into a trailer.

Tsukasa
Adam

Postby Tsukasa » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:17 pm

Thank you very much, ChronoX. I humbly appreciate your praise.

You really think it is that good, to send the idea in to the producers?

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

Postby ChronoX » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:28 pm

Yes, go ahead and do it. It can't hurt to at least try to see if thy like it, and if they do, sell the idea to them for a few grand.

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby bp32 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:31 pm

Tsukasa,

I like it, but I have one small, nit-picky question--before Adam does his thing you talk about a walkie talkie with a NERV logo on it, but NERV did not exist at the time of second impact, right? It was still Gehirn then (if that)--NERV isn't officially formed until after second impact, right??
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

Postby ChronoX » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:38 pm

how about no logo cause gehirn wasn't even formed until after the Second impact.

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby bp32 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:41 pm

ChronoX wrote:how about no logo cause gehirn wasn't even formed until after the Second impact.

Yeah, thats what I thought, but couldnt remember if it was one or both that were formed afterwards--guess the only thing that existed before 2nd impact was Seele...

Tsukasa
Adam

Postby Tsukasa » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:38 pm

I like it, but I have one small, nit-picky question--before Adam does his thing you talk about a walkie talkie with a NERV logo on it, but NERV did not exist at the time of second impact, right? It was still Gehirn then (if that)--NERV isn't officially formed until after second impact, right??

LOL!!! Great point there!!! *Feels extremely dumb*

In that case, lets go with Chrono's idea and have the walkie be logo-less.

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

Postby ChronoX » Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:45 pm

anyway, its still a damn good idea.

MAGI
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby MAGI » Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:20 pm

If I have time, I might have some fun trying to make that. :) And maybe pull in that guy known as Chris to do the ADR work. Hehe. Good work, Tsukasa.
ココにいても、いいの?

Tsukasa
Adam

Postby Tsukasa » Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:25 pm

I am honored you guys like my idea for this trailer so much. If you make it, I would LOVE to see it.

MAGI
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby MAGI » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:51 am

However, I'd really want a lock-down on the quotes at the end. I'm not too happy hearing Gendou say how he doesn't think anyone would love him. I don't ever want to hear him say that until the end.
I also feel that the tagline "The return to nothingness begins" gives a bit too much away. I never liked the idea of "Prepare for Third Impact" or that sort of thing. One, it's too cluey; two, it won't happen in the first film.

Why don't you go on to perfect that sequence? :)
ココにいても、いいの?

Tsukasa
Adam

Postby Tsukasa » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:18 pm

Hmm...I see your point there, MAGI. I was considering omitting the last paragraph, so I guess this is a go for it, yah?

From black, the camera (which is lying on the snow-covered ground, abandoned near a vacant campsite) comes into a scene of Arctic wind and blowing snow, with an occassional gust. The recording of the camera (the camera already has 3 hours of recording and the date on it says September 13, 2000) blurs once in awhile, twitches, and has those static-lines etch across the screen (like you would see in a faulty camera).

Then a voice on a walkie talkie (which can be seen after a gust of wind blows off snow covering the antenna and the it starts to transmit. A man on the walkie starts talking (one of the conversations from the opening seqence of Death) and then as he continues, the other conversations start coming in until they all are going at once (the voices are in various loudness) lasting for about a good minute or so. We then hear a small shockwave and the snow around the camera 'jumps' as a result of the sound. The voices on the talkie keep getting louder and more paniced (the video camera still doing its static-lines and twitching). Then, when the voices on the talkie become nothing but screaming and heart-felt panic, a final message can be heard above the others on the walkie. A scientist says, "Ah, look! It is beautiful! We have done it, Katsuragi! A living God, Ada..." The talkie goes silent after violently breaking up the transmission. Then, everything is quiet. Suddenly, the snow blowing around starts to be drawn towards the horizon, like a giant vacuum had been turned on (the camera and the walkie are slightly drawn towards the horizon as well). Then, a piercing sheen of light from the horizon appears, everything still silent. Then, a MASSIVE shockwave approaches, with the snow all around 'exploding' upwards. Then, the sheen of light erupts into a mass of exploding and firey chaos and as that explosive mess approaches the camera, the surrounding ice and snow are melted into water and just before the camera is vaporized, we can see the image of Adam's wings emerging from the center of the explosion while the horrific cry of Adam can be heard at a very high pitch (the wind is blowing VERY violently with various things of equipment and water flying around, much like a large cyclone). The camera then dies and all goes black.

We then hear a Ritsuko's voice in the background saying, "And in his folly, man tried to make this God his own...and was punished."

We then see a sequence erupting into flashes of random scenes from both the anime and the live-action film, with lines from both shows being whispered.

Shinji's voice then says, "I thought this was something painless. A perfect world."

Rei's voice then says, "You've misunderstood it from the very beginning. You are creating feelings for yourself."

Shinji's voice then says, "But no one understands me."

Shinji then says, "My... where is my reality?"

"Instrumentality begins (insert date here)"

I know using the word 'Instrumentality' refers to 3rd Impact, but it makes sense to say this because the whole Eva series is about getting to that goal, complimentation of all souls.

MAGI
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby MAGI » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:15 pm

I'm not that happy with "instrumentality". :? Sorry.
How about this quote: "The ultimate conclusion of human evolution is ruin." Then the tagline: "The end already began."

If you think about it, "the end" had already started once we came into existance. It also seems to refer back to Rei's "It is at the end of the dream" so it sounds like the movie is bringing everone back to reality.
Now that I think about it, it's hard to describe, but you think about it for a minute and draw your own conclusions. :)
ココにいても、いいの?

Tsukasa
Adam

Postby Tsukasa » Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:27 am

I'm not that happy with "instrumentality". Sorry.

You don't have to apologize for not liking it. I am certain you know more how it should be done, so I value your thoughts.

Now that I think about it, it's hard to describe, but you think about it for a minute and draw your own conclusions.

Hmm...let's try this one:

Shinji's voice then says, "But no one understands me."

Shinji then says, "My...where is my reality?"

Then in the NERV logo font, these phrases appears in red:

"Mankind's ruin will be born from his own hand."

"Reality ends (insert date here)"

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”