[LAEM] What would Tim Burton do with Evangelion?

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

What would Tim Burton do with Evangelion?

Postby master0rolando » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:14 am

just a thought i had that i belive would disturb all of you in your sleep....

What would Tim Burton do with Evangelion?...i mean hes a talented man but.....he currayezee......but who knows....maybe thats what we need...

his idea of what the Angels would look like....that would certainly be a sight to see...

ice reaper
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: Tim Burton?????? @_@;;

Postby ice reaper » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:02 am

master0rolando wrote:his idea of what the Angels would look like....that would certainly be a sight to see...

i would PAY to see that.

a tim burton directed eva wouldn't be......'right'. he likes the atmosphere to be dark - literally - with characters and scenery consisting of bland, melancholy colour pallet. it's something i'd love to see, but not for the main films; maybe an extra on a DVD or something......and that's never gonna happen.

"The divine fall silent as the freil plea aloud"

AuthenticM
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby AuthenticM » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:11 am

ice reaper wrote:
master0rolando wrote:his idea of what the Angels would look like....that would certainly be a sight to see...

i would PAY to see that.

a tim burton directed eva wouldn't be......'right'. he likes the atmosphere to be dark - literally - with characters and scenery consisting of bland, melancholy colour pallet. it's something i'd love to see, but not for the main films; maybe an extra on a DVD or something......and that's never gonna happen.

Have you seen Big Fish or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? They are anything but darkful of melancholy (not that it would be bad for Evangelion, mind you). Here is a list of the films he has produced (taken from Wikipedia):

# Corpse Bride (2005)
# Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
# Big Fish (2003)
# Planet of the Apes (2001)
# Sleepy Hollow (1999)
# Mars Attacks! (1996)
# Ed Wood (1994)
# Batman Returns (1992)
# Edward Scissorhands (1990)
# Batman (1989)
# Beetlejuice (1988)
# Pee-wee's Big Adventure (1985)
# Frankenweenie (1984)
# Vincent (1982)

Tim Burton has proved movie goers that he can adapt to any given genre. His visual style is gorgeous, which is a must for Evangelion, and he loves symbolism, which is more of a must for Evangelion. Give him the budget and WETA's support, and he is perfect.

Note: If he doesn't direct it, he should at least direct the last 45 minutes of EoE, from the start of Asuka's fight against the MP EVAs to Shinji strangling Asuka on the beach.
In my case, I refuse to go easy on the ignorant, regardless of degree. Hitler was ignorant. Joshua C. Whatshisface is ignorant. To me, they're in the same category of ignorant and stupid people who should have been left in some isolated corner of the world where they couldn't bother anyone. --The Eva Monkey

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Kaysow » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:31 am

I do love Burton's scary-in-a-very-childish-way imagery. It might be interesting to see what he'd do with it.

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Postby master0rolando » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:58 am

hed shine in these areas...

--The TANK...the Rei tank

--Asuka's mind rape

--Shinji's eye to contact with Unit 01

--any part with Lilith

--the delve into the mind sequences

--Third Impact

--he might make the Tearing up of Sachiel, Unit 03, Zuruel, and certainly Unit 02 a little graphic...but thats kinda how it should be...

You know in the end....fuck it...I, Master Rolando, nominate Tim Burton to direct ELAM

ice reaper
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby ice reaper » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:42 am

AuthenticM wrote:
ice reaper wrote:

i would PAY to see that.

Have you seen Big Fish or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? They are anything but darkful of melancholy (not that it would be bad for Evangelion, mind you). Here is a list of the films he has produced (taken from Wikipedia):

# Corpse Bride (2005)
# Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
# Big Fish (2003)
# Planet of the Apes (2001)
# Sleepy Hollow (1999)
# Mars Attacks! (1996)
# Ed Wood (1994)
# Batman Returns (1992)
# Edward Scissorhands (1990)
# Batman (1989)
# Beetlejuice (1988)
# Pee-wee's Big Adventure (1985)
# Frankenweenie (1984)
# Vincent (1982)

Tim Burton has proved movie goers that he can adapt to any given genre. His visual style is gorgeous, which is a must for Evangelion, and he loves symbolism, which is more of a must for Evangelion. Give him the budget and WETA's support, and he is perfect.

Note: If he doesn't direct it, he should at least direct the last 45 minutes of EoE, from the start of Asuka's fight against the MP EVAs to Shinji strangling Asuka on the beach.

honestly, i haven't seen big fish, but if charlie and the chocolate factory didn't scare the living shit out of your inner child, then something is horribly wrong with you. and the way Timmy portarys the english slums is extremely dreary: the only part of the film with colour in is the factory full of little men and a peadophile - which adds to the being-creeped-the-shit-out part. on the topic of that film: i wish they didn't americanise it......they really didn't have to.

and i would adore the use of Timmy once again for the eva series and Asuka fight....that would be....an experience.

"The divine fall silent as the freil plea aloud"

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Timstuff » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:40 am

There would be a scene where Gendo smashes something and yells "You wanna get nuts!? Let's get nuts!", and after third impact, Rei's face would be on the Abraham Lincoln statue in DC.

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Postby master0rolando » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:04 pm

Timstuff wrote:There would be a scene where Gendo smashes something and yells "You wanna get nuts!? Let's get nuts!", and after third impact, Rei's face would be on the Abraham Lincoln statue in DC.

what?

Mundane
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Mundane » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:04 pm

master0rolando wrote:
Timstuff wrote:There would be a scene where Gendo smashes something and yells "You wanna get nuts!? Let's get nuts!", and after third impact, Rei's face would be on the Abraham Lincoln statue in DC.

what?

Think my friend.
"Evangelion's some heavy shit. I've heard people get into serious philosophical debates on the internet. Then they jack off." -C4

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Postby master0rolando » Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:19 pm

perhaps i missed a Tim Burton movie...sorry...or are just pulling that one out your butt :shock:

Phoenix Feet
Adam

Postby Phoenix Feet » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:19 pm

Evangelion: The Claymation.

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Postby master0rolando » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:19 pm

its been done

zeaven
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby zeaven » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:51 am

Just get Christopher Walken to play all of the roles. Maybe give Samuel L. Jackson a part or two.

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Postby master0rolando » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:20 am

Samuel Jackson as Shinji

"IM IN THE MOTHAFUKIN EVA...I GOT A MOTHAFUKIN KNIFE...AND IMA STAB YOU MOTHAFUKA!...CUZ IM SAMUEL JACKSON!

........YES KAWROU DESRVES TO DIE...AN I HOPE HE BURNS IN HELL"

hed be mean to Kawrou

Sam: Wanna beer?
Kawrou: No thank you...
Sam: DRINK BITCH!

zeaven
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby zeaven » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:34 am

Nah, it's funnier if you think about the script being exactly the same, just with Samuel L. Jackson reading everything as if he's extremely pissed at somebody and about to bust a cap in their ass.

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Postby master0rolando » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:24 pm

imagine Samuel Jackson:

I MUSNT RUN AWAY!

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:08 pm

zeaven wrote:Nah, it's funnier if you think about the script being exactly the same, just with Samuel L. Jackson reading everything as if he's extremely pissed at somebody and about to bust a cap in their ass.

There are motherfucking Angels in the motherfucking Geofront!

Like so?

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Re: What would Tim Burton do with Evangelion?

Postby thewayneiac » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:24 pm

master0rolando wrote:just a thought i had that i belive would disturb all of you in your sleep....

What would Tim Burton do with Evangelion?...i mean hes a talented man but.....he currayezee......but who knows....maybe thats what we need...

his idea of what the Angels would look like....that would certainly be a sight to see...

Heh, heh. Johnny Depp is Gendo in Tim Burton's Evangelion.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

All of the plugsuits would be black, there would be a climactic Angel battle in snowy weather, and more than likely an element of camp would be imported directly from certain aspects of the series for a slightly comedic effect, thus either complementing or overstating the natural absurdity of the whole situation.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

consrv4us
Embryo

Postby consrv4us » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:18 am

Yeah, that would actually be a good idea for a director. With all the

surreal aspects of Eva, he would be very suitable for the honor of

directing a piece of art.

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”