Final Fantasy series

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:23 am

Well I just got Platinum on Type Zero. Which means I have no other reason to play it besides to get all the other stuff, like completing the Agito Tower, and defeating Eight-Armed Gilgimesh with all 14 characters. So with that vain I am going to put it away till the summer.

Also did the Gil trick with the Nox monster, so having max Gil is pretty nice.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:57 am

Was it your first playthrough? I am hearing that the platinum for this game is very easy. Will i need a guide in order to platinum it?
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:59 am

View Original PostDima wrote:Was it your first playthrough? I am hearing that the platinum for this game is very easy. Will i need a guide in order to platinum it?

Second, and just to look up the hidden achievements. Even if that. It is very easy.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:03 am

Nice. I was looking forward to play the game and an easy platinum will make things better for me.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:00 pm

So i just finished Final Fantasy XIV (till heavensward expansion is released anyway)
Dat ending.
Holy shitballs.

SPOILER: Show
Why doesnt everyone have to betray us at every possible moment? this feels like im in GoT
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:32 pm

Yeah, the ending to the story till Heavensward was masterful. I literally sat through the credits going "Did that really just happen?"

Makes me even more excited for the expansion.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:54 pm

...We're talking about an MMO here, right? Guess I've been out of the MMO scene for a long time that it's new to me that any of them could have an ending. :huh:

(And by "out of for a long time" I really mean "was never into")
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:26 am

yes its an mmo but since SE, FFXIV puts a lot of emphasis on the story, think of each part as an "episode".
The base game ends after a certain point but then that leads onto the patch/update stories and those lead into heavensward and well......yeah that was a good freaking ending.

i also watched the ending to the final coil sidestory just because im never going to beat that ever, was awesome too.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:35 am

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:just because im never going to beat that ever, was awesome too.

The hardest part about beating Coil is finding a group to do it. After T9 Coil becomes much easier (Even T13) but because the game is a hugbox for bad players, it's impossible to find people at your skill level who isn't already in a static.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:04 am

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:The hardest part about beating Coil is finding a group to do it. After T9 Coil becomes much easier (Even T13) but because the game is a hugbox for bad players, it's impossible to find people at your skill level who isn't already in a static.

Pretty much this.

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:39 am

More Dissidia news and a tutorial video:

http://gematsu.com/2015/04/dissidia-final-fantasy-arcade-14-characters-launch

http://gematsu.com/2015/04/dissidia-final-fantasy-arcade-special-trailer-arcade-vs-ps4-comparison

http://gematsu.com/2015/04/dissidia-final-fantasy-arcade-location-test-tutorial-video

14 characters at launch... that's a hell of a lot less than even the first Dissidia. Oh well, hopefully the PS4 port will have the full roster when it releases a year later.
[Redacted]

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:08 pm

With patch 2.56, FCoB is now in DF for solo queuing. So far I've had:

1. Players watching entire cutscenes then claiming they've never even seen a guide
--1b. Players claiming they know the whole fight even though they've only watched a guide and never stepped foot inside the duty
2. Players not stacking for tethers in T10
3. Players getting hit with Nerve Gas in T11
4. Players not stacking/spreading for Seed of the River/Sea in T11
5. Players not running out of the group when they get Thundered in T11
6. Players staying on top of Black Fires in T12
7. Players not taking Chain of Purgatory in T12
8. Players putting Blue Fires right under Phoenix in T12

Out of all these things, the only thing that truly bothers me in 1 and 1b because 2-8 can all be avoided if 1/1b never happens. If you got through T9 you should know by now that running into the fight with no knowledge will not get you a clear, even if seven other people know the fight, you will screw it up for the entire party. If you bought your T9 clear you should not be expecting DF pugs to carry you while your participation leads to wipes. Don't go into fights with no knowledge of what to do, and don't go into fights claiming you know everything when you've only seen a guide. When I had trouble clearing T9 it wasn't because I was bad at the mechanics, it was because people stuck on Golems kept joining the clear/kill/farm groups claiming they know the entire fight after only seeing a video. Make a progression group from the beginning in PF, and learn the fight through experience without wasting the time of people who legitimately know the fight. I'm posting this here because r/ffxiv would downvote me for telling people the hard truth they need to know.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:27 pm

I pretty much already know this, im still not doing final coil though because the chances of me finding a good T9 group are next to none

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:58 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:I pretty much already know this, im still not doing final coil though because the chances of me finding a good T9 group are next to none

You could always buy a clear if you have the gil. Most groups will refund you half if you're competent enough to run with them so you're paying less to find other good players.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:01 pm

i dont have enough gil at ALL to do that, still working on finishing my crafting and gathering classes then maybe i can make some money.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:11 pm

http://gearnuke.com/final-fantasy-xv-director-reveals-players-complained-cindy-sexy/

In a game where you play as a pretty boy in a boy band, clearly the biggest concern is Cindy's not-realistic design in a Final FANTASY game.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:26 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:http://gearnuke.com/final-fantasy-xv-director-reveals-players-complained-cindy-sexy/

In a game where you play as a pretty boy in a boy band, clearly the biggest concern is Cindy's not-realistic design in a Final FANTASY game.

Reading the article, the concern seems to be about the sexualization of the character, not her realism.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Shoujo Kakumei Asuka
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Shoujo Kakumei Asuka » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:21 pm

Sexualization of characters has been going on for a while in the Final Fantasy series. Does anyone remember how Rikku was introduced in FF10? (not to mention that Rikku was kind of a mechanic)
I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was all over... - Spike Spiegel

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:43 pm

View Original PostShoujo Kakumei Asuka wrote:Does anyone remember how Rikku was introduced in FF10?

Wonderfully. :pray: And I always liked her FFX costume better than her FFX-2 costume. But then the FFX-2 one grew on me over time. But I think if it were down to one or the other I still like the first one better overall.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:52 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:Reading the article, the concern seems to be about the sexualization of the character, not her realism.

The mindset came from the comments section (Particularly one hat says they don't see women dressing like that in public) and other sites and users complained about how a mechanic normally wouldn't dress like that (once again, ignoring people running around the wild in leather jackets with nothing underneath). Just take a look at the fourth comment from a screencap on Neo:

http://oi58.tinypic.com/4vmv7d.jpg

Ironically enough, the post under complains about sexualization yet "Platinums" XIII.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”