Final Fantasy series

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

xtr00kvltcorex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby xtr00kvltcorex » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:10 pm

FFX is one my favorite video games of all time simply because it had a great story and by far one of the best endings ever, very sad but bittersweet nonetheless.

the whole premise of X-2 almost ruined it for me.

everybody loves VII and VIII, so i'll be the black sheep and <3 X lol
I’m spinning
Faster than the earth
I’m shining
Brighter than the stars

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:15 pm

xtr00kvltcorex wrote:everybody loves VII and VIII, so i'll be the black sheep and <3 X lol

I think more people would like X if the English voice of Tidus didn't come off as annoying. Raiden in Metal Gear Solid 2 had the same problem.

xtr00kvltcorex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby xtr00kvltcorex » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:30 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:
xtr00kvltcorex wrote:everybody loves VII and VIII, so i'll be the black sheep and <3 X lol

I think more people would like X if the English voice of Tidus didn't come off as annoying. Raiden in Metal Gear Solid 2 had the same problem.

i agree with this, raiden sounded too much like a 12 year old in MGS2, they DID do a better job in MGS4 however.
I’m spinning
Faster than the earth
I’m shining
Brighter than the stars

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:32 pm

The only Final Fantasy games I did not like where FF1, FF6, FF9 and FF12. I enjoy X a lot and I really the enjoy the combat system along with the characters also. I was so disappointed with the 12th game since I really hated the new combat gameplay and the Gambit system doesn't need to be used, but it's tedious enough without it. Final Fantasy 12 to me was like Episode 1 of Video Games. Not to mention that the characters also have very little substance to them
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

GAP
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GAP » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:29 pm

Final Fantasy 8 is also where we get to fight the Giant Cactuar and the weapon Lionheart, the best Gunblade ever especially if have 100x Ultimas in your Junction to inflict 9999 damage each with the attack. I just don't know if I really like Rinoa considering that she is almost a Mary Sue character but still I like the Squall/Rinoa relationship, there ae people who genuinely hate Rinoa especially since she is somehow more powerful than all the other characters despite them being highly trained mercenaries.

I don't what most people are talking about FF6 Esper system rocks and Secret of Mana 2/Seiken Densetsu 3 has the greatest class changing system ever. Did anyone even mention Super Mario RPG? It is the greatest of all SNES RPGS! HA HA HA! :jiggy: Also, FFX doesn't suck even if Tidus' voice isn't all that great.
Fall into GAP! Guernsey Adams Pierre

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:58 pm

Did anyone even mention Super Mario RPG?

Oh yeah I love that game and I remember playing it years ago at my Anut's house. I hear Paper Mario was going to be a sequel but Square was a part of Sony at the time which means they can't use anything from the first game. Geno is awesome too.

stuyvesant
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby stuyvesant » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:24 pm

GAP wrote:I don't what most people are talking about FF6 Esper system rocks and Secret of Mana 2/Seiken Densetsu 3 has the greatest class changing system ever. Did anyone even mention Super Mario RPG? It is the greatest of all SNES RPGS! HA HA HA! :jiggy: Also, FFX doesn't suck even if Tidus' voice isn't all that great.

I have secret of mana for snes, tis a great game; wish I had a 3rd person to join us playing regularly (oh and a multitap) to realy get the most of it though.

I always wanted super mario RPG though :(

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:28 pm

Get this non-Final Fantasy shit the fuck out of this thread.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

stuyvesant
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby stuyvesant » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:37 pm

I preffered 7... simply because 8 hurts my eyes, iv still got a copy of 8 here... but someone stole my copy of 7 and it sells for over $100 now :(

Daph
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Daph » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:02 pm

I guess I should give FF VIII another shot at some point. My PS2 was incapable of playing PS1 games, so I only played it occasionally on a friend's and had a hard time enjoying the battle system.

I loved what I saw of the story and have always wanted to see the end, but it was frustrating to be on disc II and still doing nearly the same melee damage as I was in the beginning. It got tiresome relying on the GF's and watching them do all the fighting. Then again, I'm sure I missed something and you're all facepalming.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:15 pm

FF7 is on PSN if anyone wants to download it. I can't wait to download it soon since I love FF7 so much and it been so long I played it. Final Fantasy 7 is one my favorite memories of my childhood with video games next to Pokemon, Sypro, and a bunch of old Sega games.

Never :heehee:! We should rename this thread into "Official Square Enix" thread or something.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:33 pm

Guyver Spawn wrote:

Never :heehee:! We should rename this thread into "Official Square Enix" thread or something.

Keep it FF. Keep it real.

Tsachoul
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Tsachoul » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:17 am

I am ashamed to admit that FFX is my favorite, having never played anything else other than XII and a bit of IX.
"We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
And tore the world assunder."

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:23 am

You all fail.
FF: tactics is the greatest FF of all time (not the shitty gameboy ones).
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

GAP
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GAP » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:42 am

FFV, is great if just want to play the game but don't really care about story but FFVI makes you care about the characters altoguh Galuf was a cool guy, General Leo wa's death was pretty horrible considering that the Joker or Kefka killed him. Why do they keep labeling Sephiroth as the ultimate badguy in the series? Of anything Kefka is the superior villain.
Fall into GAP! Guernsey Adams Pierre

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:55 am

An interesting note, is that a friend of mine found a pre-Greatest Hits version of FF7 at some thrift store for only $5. with all the discs pretty much in mint condition, which is more then I can say for any of the Disc2's that I have, as there some how always scratched in some way that I can barely get any playability out of them.

and while I can get around this by the fact I got FF7 off of the PSN, Trying to breed Chocobos proves to be a hell of a lot more difficult when all the text is in Japanese.
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"
"Ephebophelia...? This is SHOTA!"

WARNING: Brik is being incredibly awesome

Join the Evageeks discord!

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:23 am

Tokpile Quohog wrote:You all fail.
FF: tactics is the greatest FF of all time (not the shitty gameboy ones).

It's a totally different genre of gaming, thus I didn't mention it. Otherwise you're absolutely right, it's the best game with 'Final Fantasy' in the title ever made.

I must have spent at least 20 hours just goofing around with my squad of five red chocobos in random battles. Who doesn't love meteor-dropping doom chickens? :grin:
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:02 am

I love tactics and the GBA version is pretty good too. I think they did a sequel for the DS or something? I'm looking foward to Dissidia- Final Fantasy also since it nice to see villains that people pretty forgot about like Neo Exdeath, Cloud of Darkness, The Emperor and Golbez return in the game.

I can't wait to download FF7 on PSN since I still own the strategy guide back in 1999, and it still looks brand new.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:08 am

I will say this about FF8: the Boost command has to be the worst idea in the history of Final Fantasy.

Could they not think of a better way of involving the player in the summon animations? Quite often, if it's not a major battle, I just let the shit play. I'm not going to bust my nads tapping a button as many times as possible.

PuppetChaos
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby PuppetChaos » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:06 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:I will say this about FF8: the Boost command has to be the worst idea in the history of Final Fantasy.

It was good in theory, but not in practice.

Dissidia- Final Fantasy also since it nice to see villains that people pretty forgot about like Neo Exdeath, Cloud of Darkness, The Emperor and Golbez return in the game.

I'm happy too because they gave the oldschool FFs some love. Also, everyone who thought Terra was the true 'main character' of FF6 were finally proven right.
DeviantART | YouTube | LiveJournal
I think the 00 Gundam is a pretty cool guy, eh teleports and doesnt afraid of anything

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”