Metal Gear Solid

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:07 pm

Hilarious video, but just in case  SPOILER: Show
this is the REAL way Big Boss defeats Quiet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6JzJWDgNYI#t=2m33s :lol: In Japanese for added fun!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:27 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:
this is the REAL way Big Boss defeats Quiet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6JzJWDgNYI#t=2m33s :lol: In Japanese for added fun!

Nonsense, everybody knows
SPOILER: Show
Quiet helped Quiet defeat Quiet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ1d2PQ2f1s

Seriously though that was pretty cool, I never would have thought to go hand-to-hand with her. And I love that fox retexture for DD, is that a mod or Japanese DLC?
[Redacted]

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:42 pm

^Is that a mod?

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Oh,

I must admit, I never thought you could just run up to Quiet and slug her in the face.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:43 pm

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:And I love that fox retexture for DD, is that a mod or Japanese DLC?

Neither. It's a customization option unlocked by maxing your bond with DD.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:50 pm

Thanks, I'm amazed that I've had his bond maxed for weeks now and I never noticed that particular fur color. :lol:

Shinoyami65: If you're asking about the video I posted, yeah it's some sort of mod for the PC version. I don't know which one, though.
[Redacted]

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:11 am

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:Nonsense, everybody knows
Quiet helped Quiet defeat Quiet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ1d2PQ2f1s

Hey, I remember posting that one in here awhile back :D That and the Japanese stun grenade/punch out battles are probably my fav.

Out of curiosity, am I overposting too much in this damn thread the past 2 months? -o-; I just... The feels this series gave me, I can't even!

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:04 am

"I am the Feels! FEEEEEEEEELS!"

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:55 am

View Original PostBobBQ wrote:"I am the Feels! FEEEEEEEEELS!"

Yesss! :mwahaha:

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:I'd possibly want out of Metal Gear post-Kojimbo is a Fox Engine remake of MG1 and/or MG2:SS, and call it Metal Gear Redux or something.

One thing I will comment on which I might've already, but can't stop daydreaming about as part of an MG1 (and MG2) glorious HD current FOX ENGINE remake: Some extra but cool pre-Mission filler (or a flashback?) where Solid Snake is privately CQC training with Big Boss, Reflex Mode kicking in and everything, but your reward is being flipped over and landing on your back, because Big Boss. ("Thank you, Boss!" :lol: ) Frustrating for our FOXHOUND rookie because he does damn fine work training with everybody else (including "Hell Master" Miller, who Snake wonders why is he so bitter/angry especially if the Boss is around). Even better if BB gets pissed at Snake (who's clearly emotionally attached + has tons of respect) blurting out that he looks up to BB like a father.

___

Have you all heard these? I know there's a few fan animations of some of the audio tracks, but parts of this is pretty hilarious: http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid:_Peace_Walker_-_Heiwa_to_Wahei_no_Blues Why couldn't they have included these in the Western Ground Zeroes release?! Hearing Robin Atkin Downes and either Hayter or Sutherland's delivery would've been perfect!

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:23 pm

Finished the game yesterday. I don't know how I feel. I was mostly confused. I kept Quiet, though, so I'm happy.

ROCKETU PANCH
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:09 pm

I kind of rolled with the ending, since i've been mindfucked in similar and worse ways by certain other series. looking at you, mothy.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:25 pm

I find myself in agreement with some of this guys statements.

Here's the thing; with games I really, really liked (Such as Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Bastion, Republic Commando), I felt compelled to play it again, and again, and again, just for the fact that it was fun.

I don't feel that for TPP. Maybe it's because I just finished it. I enjoyed some of the boss fights (I always liked sniping boss fights, even though I am terrible at them), the gunplay and the stealth was good, but. . .

That's it. The game was good. It wasn't spectacular. I wasn't expecting anything specifically, I wasn't miffed either. But it wasn't extraordinary.

I liked Quiet though. Maybe cus she has boobs, but I am also generally attracted to the strong, silent type of characters. I find that she conveys emotions well despite her being mute, but I also felt like I didn't do anything specifically to deserve them; I ordered her around and get bond points, and she shows me her butt on the helicopter sometimes. It feels kind of stilted.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:50 pm

Rumors of Konami shutting down LA KojiPro makes me sad due to the 35-some job losses (sigh :( ), but it shouldn't be surprising. Apparently any MGO developments/stuff will just transfer over to the Japanese Konami studio? This whole Konami/Kojima situation's just downright depressing to me as a newer MGS fan.

At least there's always this, but shouldn't be surprising news, either:

In happier news, here's how to get the apparently fucking impossible ^_^ Nuclear Disarmament ending via the newest Japanese strategy guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/3r8jeq/official_famitsu_guide_explains_how_to_unlock_the/

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:00 pm

I'm going to develop everything, make a nuke, dismantle it, then join Philanthropy. This must be made reality.
/hj

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:19 pm

NEVER BE GAME OVER  SPOILER: Show
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:32 pm

It is done.

260 hours. 42/42 achievements. 100% completion.

When the next big patch drops, I'm going to round up Quiet again and go bananas in free roam.

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:19 pm

Congrats. Is there a new patch coming out that lets you
get Quiet back after Mission 45?
I haven't heard anything about it.

Anyhow, my second nuke was stolen a couple days ago. The intruder had a "Nuclear Patrol" emblem, so I'm fairly certain they were with Philanthropy. On to nuke 3...

Also, I found an easy way of doing helicopter extractions of child soldiers in Mission 23. Even though there's no button prompt to put enemies in the back of a 6x6 truck and the tailgate is too high up to throw them in from ground level, I found a workaround. Just back the truck up to one of those flat grey rocks that you can walk on, then grab a child soldier and get on top of the rock. You are now high up enough to simply press R2 and throw them into the bed. Once in the truck bed they will stay asleep/stunned indefinitely, so you can take your time and pile them in there. In my experience you can put up to 8 or 10 of them in there. If you put too many in there, the excess child soldiers start glitching and falling through the sidewalls onto the ground. When you've filled the bed up, just drive the truck to a landing zone and call in a chopper (make sure to drive safely, they can die in some really glitchy ways if you get stuck or back into something). Back the truck as close as you can to the chopper, then just get in the bed and carry each of them from the truck to the chopper. Using this method I've been able to cost-effectively extract every one of them via helicopter and earn 7,000+ heroism per replay. Just try not to die, if you do they will respawn on the ground next to the truck and you have to hurry up and throw them back in before they wake up.
[Redacted]

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:38 pm

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:Is there a new patch coming out that lets you
get Quiet back after Mission 45?

No.

But you can make your own if you're on PC.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:15 am

View Original PostStryker wrote:Here's the thing; with games I really, really liked (Such as Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Bastion, Republic Commando), I felt compelled to play it again, and again, and again, just for the fact that it was fun.

I don't feel that for TPP. Maybe it's because I just finished it. I enjoyed some of the boss fights (I always liked sniping boss fights, even though I am terrible at them), the gunplay and the stealth was good, but. . .

This is how I felt immediately after the game. Since then, I've gone back into it hard and have been grinding the fuck out of side-ops and main mission replays and even FOB infiltrations (which might be the most fun gameplay of all because of the unique challenges).
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:38 am

The Moats of Quotes

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:21 pm

I thought all the PC datamining back in September only revealed the Chapter 3 titlecard? Alongside some files (e.g. talking to The Boss end credits) related to the Nuclear Disarmament ending. MGO was bundled with PS4 at least, IIRC?

As I recall, the whole "Return to Camp Omega" thing Kojima promised way back when simply fell through in the end, though that apparent Vol 2 tape in the datamined files is weird--but probably unused resources, no?

As the situation stands, "Something never been done before" = Disarm all nukes, since it's a clear, clever power struggle between the players which'll result in the damn ending never being unlocked. :(

As cool as a Chapter 3 would be, considering Konami SHUTTING DOWN ALL THE THINGS and Kojima long out the door, I'm unfortunately very skeptical.

If the ending is what upset you, give this a read-through. It's good stuff though some details are a little off: http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-8968/the-ultimate-ending-discussion-spoilers-1781915/

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”