Pokemon

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Zkh
Sachiel
Sachiel

Pokemon

•      
  •      

Postby Zkh » Thu May 17, 2007 8:56 pm

I went and bought a DS lite today, with Pokemon Diamond. I've been playing it WITHOUT CHEATING!!! :shock: There's some badass looking pokemon now. I'll be getting the wifi so I'll have to spend a while organizing a team so I can pulverize 10 year olds and their shitty legendaries.

So do any of you still play the games and whatnot? Gold and Silver is my favorite generation, for the obvious reasons like 16 badges, day and night etc. But I also like it because it was the first game I poured months into as a kid, I had around 235/251 pokemon.

Discuss.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Re: Pokemon

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Thu May 17, 2007 8:58 pm

Zkh wrote:I went and bought a DS lite today, with Pokemon Diamond. I've been playing it WITHOUT CHEATING!!! :shock: There's some badass looking pokemon now. I'll be getting the wifi so I'll have to spend a while organizing a team so I can pulverize 10 year olds and their shitty legendaries.

So do any of you still play the games and whatnot? Gold and Silver is my favorite generation, for the obvious reasons like 16 badges, day and night etc. But I also like it because it was the first game I poured months into as a kid, I had around 235/251 pokemon.

Discuss.

Every so often I go on a stint with an emulator
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu May 17, 2007 9:03 pm

The original Pokemon Blue was a relic or borderline religious significance for me when I was a kid. I bought Emerald about a year ago but have yet to finish it.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Zkh
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zkh » Thu May 17, 2007 9:12 pm

RS and E are in my opinion, not very good. The games were kind of boring to me until late in the game.

If you liked Blue/Red you should try Fire Red and Leaf Green, they're remakes of the original games for the GBA and are done quite nicely.

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Thu May 17, 2007 9:20 pm

I played through Red, Yellow and Silver. That's enough Pokeymans in my lifetime.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Thu May 17, 2007 9:36 pm

"I got to buy it, I got to buy it, Chinpokomon!"
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Kyle
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kyle » Thu May 17, 2007 9:53 pm

BrikHaus wrote:"I got to buy it, I got to buy it, Chinpokomon!"

LOL.Finaly!

BTW-Digimon is way cooler than pokemon...however,chinpokomon PWNS.
"It's good to have team mates...it gives them other people to shoot at."-Unknown.

"Who dare's,wins"-SAS motto

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Thu May 17, 2007 10:16 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:The original Pokemon Blue was a relic or borderline religious significance for me when I was a kid. I bought Emerald about a year ago but have yet to finish it.

Yes. The funny thing is I know about everything in that game by heart. Best game ever.

Zkh wrote:If you liked Blue/Red you should try Fire Red and Leaf Green, they're remakes of the original games for the GBA and are done quite nicely.

WHAT????
tell me more! REMAKES? did they add the hundred or so dumbass pokemon? or did they stick with the original 150 BADASSES?
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Thu May 17, 2007 10:47 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:The original Pokemon Blue was a relic or borderline religious significance for me when I was a kid. .

Same here. Although I have to admit I never actually bought them, but rather played them through emulation. Heh, I remember staying up until, like, 4 in the morning just leveling up my Pokemans. Good times. In my old age, I've mostly grown out of it, but back in the day...PHEW! I lost most of 6th grade to that stupid card game. Even got into a fight once over some damn card. You know, the one supposedly worth ONE GILLION DOLLARS!

Zkh wrote:I'll be getting the wifi so I'll have to spend a while organizing a team so I can pulverize 10 year olds and their shitty legendaries.

Yeah, um...good luck with that. I don't have a DS, and I love Nintendo (obviously), but I hear their Online Network Blows. Big Time, what with the friend codes and all that.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Thu May 17, 2007 11:00 pm

Personally I liked Silver and Gold out of them all.
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Thu May 17, 2007 11:06 pm

I'm beginning to think I'm the only person on this forum that has never played a Pokemon game or watched more than three episodes of the show. Of course, Mr. Tines might be with me.
Awesomely Shitty
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu May 17, 2007 11:45 pm

BrikHaus wrote:I'm beginning to think I'm the only person on this forum that has never played a Pokemon game or watched more than three episodes of the show. Of course, Mr. Tines might be with me.

The cartoon has probably the only English redub I can actually sit through and enjoy, primarily because I've never even heard the original and I watched enough Pokemon in English during elementary/junior high to have gotten used to it even if I had heard the original. Every once in a while I'll catch as newer episode of this asinine show on TV and, strangely, find it completely watchable.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

reagen
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby reagen » Fri May 18, 2007 12:15 am

Ah.., the good old days of collecting those creatures!!
But don't you guys think it's a bit too much now? It's been going like what, 11 years? And they still have a series? Is this ever going to end?!
She Smell Like Angels Ought To Smell
The Perfect Woman, The Goddess...
Worth Killing For, Worth Dying For, Worth Going To Hell For....
------------------------------------------------------
I Can Only Love One Woman,
No Matter The Day, No Matter The Era
That Will Not Change...

Houndour
Adam

Re: Pokemon

•      
  •      

Postby Houndour » Fri May 18, 2007 12:18 am

Zkh wrote:I went and bought a DS lite today, with Pokemon Diamond.

I envy ya. Hopefully I can play it eventually, in a couple years maybe; from reviews I've read there seems to be no significant changes, except the spike in the amount of wild encounters and the molasses pace actual battles have fallen into. You'd think a double battle with two leftover'd pokemon is bad enough in terms of speed, but apparently not :P

I'll be getting the wifi so I'll have to spend a while organizing a team so I can pulverize 10 year olds and their shitty legendaries.

I assume you're gonna EV train (or whatever, I'm not too familiar with the hidden values) and uber-breed for Natures? I've yet to make a serious attempt at a Wi-Fi-worthy team, though I used to build laughable teams on NetBattle now and then.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Fri May 18, 2007 1:19 am

reagen wrote:Ah.., the good old days of collecting those creatures!!
But don't you guys think it's a bit too much now? It's been going like what, 11 years? And they still have a series? Is this ever going to end?!

its okay, they're in a totall different country now and got rid of most of the original chatacters.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri May 18, 2007 1:31 am

BrikHaus wrote:Of course, Mr. Tines might be with me.

Played none, seen none. Being of a certain age does that thing.

Back in the day, it was like Magic the Gathering for the pre-teen set (i.e. cardboard crack) -- and banned from school premises and the school where my wife works.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Fri May 18, 2007 1:50 am

i have a crapton of those cards.

MAL Profile

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri May 18, 2007 4:00 am

BrikHaus wrote:I'm beginning to think I'm the only person on this forum that has never played a Pokemon game or watched more than three episodes of the show. Of course, Mr. Tines might be with me.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Fri May 18, 2007 5:15 am

^ lol
Awesomely Shitty

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Fri May 18, 2007 6:43 am

My pokemans.

Let me show you them.
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”