E3 is around the corner. What are you expecting?

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:52 pm

What is wrong with you people?

All these great games, yet NONE of you have mentioned Kingdom Hearts III as a possibility?

For shame people. :lol:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:17 am

Hate to be that type of guy, but... "what he said".
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:30 am

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:All these great games, yet NONE of you have mentioned Kingdom Hearts III as a possibility?

For shame people. :lol:

Actually I was in a hurry when I made my post and forgot to mention a few games. KH3 was one of them. It's been so long since we had a numbered console entry in the series that I keep forgetting KH3 is actually in development. :lol:

More stuff I forgot to mention that I'd like to see:

Star Wars Battlefront Space Battles DLC and Prequel Factions DLC (Just let us know it's coming in the future, DICE! Where ah those droideekahz?)
SoulCalibur 6 (or a reboot of the series.)
SoulCalibur 3 HD Remaster (This game is one of the reasons my PS2 is still plugged in.)
Final Fantasy XII International HD Remaster
Star Ocean 1, 2, and 3 HD Trilogy
Spec Ops 2
SOCOM 5
[Redacted]

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:01 am

Just give me a new rare developed metroid game and i'll be good.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:10 am

Metroid tops my list. It's been over 4 years now, people! :impatient: And they've made at least one statement I've seen to the effect that they intend to continue the series, and in both its classic 2D and Prime-like styles.

Given how completely mum they were about Majora's Mask 3D despite apparently having started on it as soon as Ocarina of Time 3D was completed (which I find hard to believe if for no other reason than that's a long fucking time for even an original game let alone a remake), for all we know they're already working on something Metroid and simply won't announce it until it's near completion. I remember MM3D being announced very very near its completion -- as in a span of mere months.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:08 am

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:Just give me a new rare developed metroid game and i'll be good.

If it's a Metroid game after Fusion then please get the Adam AI killed off after the first cutscene.

If it's a Prime-like game then for god's sake don't let Sakamoto write it again.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:25 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:If it's a Metroid game after Fusion then please get the Adam AI killed off after the first cutscene.

:| I'm not a fan of "inmates running the asylum" decisions like that. Gives me bad flashbacks to the motivations that resulted in Spider-Man's One More Day. It also reminds me of times a character has genuinely turned around. Of course, that implies writing talent, which sadly the Metroid series is now specifically known for a lack of.

If it's a Prime-like game then for god's sake don't let Sakamoto write it again.

:headscratch: I really have no idea what Nintendo thinks, so I wonder if such a decision would be made. When it comes to their "big" franchises (which I found out Metroid is not considered to be, or at least not on the same tier as Mario or Zelda), they seem to do a good job listening. But when it comes to Metroid, the rules always seem to be different.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:25 am

Very interesting in seeing if Harmonix will have Rock Band there, huge fan of the previous three titles and very excited to see what they have for the fourth. I'm also wondering what they'll bring in a post Rocksmith world, they've already said they're going to do their past to allow for previous DLC and instruments to work so will they continue down a very arcadey/game experience or allow for the 'Expert' style stuff that crept into RB3?

Really excited for the new Deus Ex, I think it is a given that they'll have some representation of that at the show.

Up until a few weeks ago I was hoping for something to do with the new Silent Hill game, but with everything that has gone with with Kojima and P.T. being removed from the Playstation store my hopes for that have fizzled out.

I'd really like to see a new Fallout too.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:51 am

View Original Postjcmoorehead wrote:Up until a few weeks ago I was hoping for something to do with the new Silent Hill game, but with everything that has gone with with Kojima and P.T. being removed from the Playstation store my hopes for that have fizzled out.

:raincloud: I never got to play it.

I composed a post I never made in FML in reaction to what was said recently there about mods becoming paid content, saying how much I hate the gaming world's new era of utter impermanence. And now I find out this!
System Administrator

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:19 pm

Black Ops 3 revealed, to be released this November.

About the only saga in the series that I actually care for, partly because of the characters and continuity.

Also, full-time female protags. :D

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:19 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:So if Valve does announce something at E3 it better be a gold-plated version of Half-Life 2 Episode 3 or some other equally grandiose crap to justify this sudden miser's syndrome.

Valve is not making games anymore. They are too busy counting steam money.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:13 pm

It's already almost E3 time...waw the years are flying by. Anyways, as for me:

Want to see:

FF15 story trailer and release date of Spring 2016
Battlefront (though I already know it's Battlefield with a Star Wars skin)
Naruto Storm 4 (maybe if we're lucky)
P5 new trailer

Worldwide premiers:

Mass Effect 4
The Order 1887
Destiny 2
Pokemon Z or Yellow remake
FF12 HD
Valkyria Chronicles 4 or HD Collection

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:39 am

View Original PostStan wrote:Valkyria Chronicles 4

I BELIEVE!

It's never going to happen, is it? :(
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Really? B/

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:37 am

View Original PostStan wrote:The Order 1887

There are people out there who liked the Order? Image

I find it hard to believe the publisher would sign off on a sequel, given how many copies people seemed to be returning.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:01 am

Can we stop talking about mods? This is not the thread guys.

I
I
I
I
I
I
I

In other news, Square Enix said today that FFXV won't have a big presence in E3 (maybe just a teaser) but they are planning to show it in Gamescom and from that point the marketing push will start for the game.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:46 am

The only thing I care about is The Phantom Pain. I want a new trailer, or preferably some more gameplay footage, something that hasn't been seen yet.
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:19 am

^

MGSV will have a big presence. This is one of the last big shows before the release of the game.

I am interested to see how crowd will react if Kojima will show up in one of the conferences.

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Sun May 03, 2015 4:21 am

I'm not sure if they announce this kind of stuff at E3, but I hope the PS Vita/TV's PS Store gets a big update this year. I'm still waiting for the following PSP games to be added:

Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
Dissidia 012 Duodecim (The prologue is already compatible. I have no idea why the game itself is missing.)
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Crisis Core (S-E: If we don't get a remaster, please at least do this.)
Star Ocean: The First Departure
Star Ocean: The Second Evolution
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
[Redacted]

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Thu May 07, 2015 9:27 am

E3 has been dead for 8 years (not counting Konami 2010), and all of the big games have already been announced. It'll be "please wait til 2017 to play our game" the show.

EvangelionGodMode
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionGodMode » Sat May 09, 2015 7:00 am

Hoping for HL3 or War of the Monsters 2.Jk really hoping for the console release date of tekken 7
Bong. James Bong. Bruce lee the way I kick it, Tiger Woods the way I hit it.-Blake ,Workaholics.
To put it in laid man terms, hes getting laid man.-Blake, Workaholics.
"You shoulda known the price of evil"-M Shadows

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”