What are you currently playing?

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby gatotsu911 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:39 pm

Excellent games though they are, neither Metroid Prime nor Wind Waker are particularly difficult. If you've been taking the time to collect powerups, you should be fine. (Wind Waker is seriously a total cakewalk, and while Metroid Prime is a tad harder, you should still be able to beat all of the bosses in no more than one or two tries as long as you're prepared.)

Incidentally, are you playing the GC version of Metroid Prime, or the Wii version?

On the topic of GameCube games, if you're an RPG fan I highly recommend checking out the highly-underrated Baten Kaitos games. I've only played the first one so far, but it's one of my favorite RPGs of last gen and I've heard the second one is better in every way. Just be sure to turn the voice acting off in the first game - it's terribad. Also if you're an RPG fan, I hope you've played Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and Tales of Symphonia - those games shouldn't require introduction.
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

Postby chazthesilencer » Fri May 06, 2011 3:52 am

Tales of Symphonia was a good game, cliché, but good.

Nothing was more annoying than seeing Sheena go into overlimit, only for her to summon that goddamn Scrappy (Corrine).
"Let's go, Corrine!" LET'S NOT.

Highlights included the Tea/Ice-Tea psyche-out scene with Lloyd and Colette; about as close to Hot Coffee they ever got.
The Presea-Klonoa costume. Best Easter-egg ever. Wahoo!
And say what you will about the English voice acting...
but you have to love Scotty Menville.
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby gatotsu911 » Mon May 09, 2011 1:00 pm

I've never heard anyone say anything bad about the English voice acting in Tales of Symphonia, actually. They really went all-out to get the best voice actors California has to offer, which thankfully became a trend for console Tales games released in the West.

And yes, Scott Menville is awesome. Ever see him in the dub of Tekkon Kinkreet? I think that's the only anime work he's ever done, but it's pretty badass hearing Robin/Lloyd curse and beat the shit out of street punks.
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue May 10, 2011 3:07 pm

I just finished watching P4 (Persona 4) and WOW. I love how Atlus throws in twists and turns every other moment for this murder mystery just when you think you've figured it out.

And the murderer at the end...wow. Twists and turns.

I really really hope that Persona 4 will get a PSP port at some point, though if it does, I hope that i'll include still frames for the True End's Journey post-credits scene (seeing as the post-credits scene wasn't included even in still-frame form (let alone not including the anime cut scenes) for P3P).

I like Persona 3 and Persona 4 equally, though. Persona 3 strikes me as an "epic" Apocalypse story while Persona 4 is an "epic" murder mystery. (Epic as in something on a grand scale.) I really enjoy how both games tie into together people's desires versus Shadows and Persona (well, P3's The Answer and P4).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Tue May 10, 2011 3:38 pm

Currently playing Pong and Crystal[s:3g7exgy7]Wolf[/s:3g7exgy7]Castle... Atari revivals for the win.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

PhoenixInShadow
Embryo

Postby PhoenixInShadow » Fri May 13, 2011 5:23 pm

I just started Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core for the PSP last night. Already enjoying it.

TaintedHero
Adam

Postby TaintedHero » Sun May 15, 2011 4:32 pm

I know a vast majority of you hate Call of Duty, but Ahhh!

Highlight of Taintedhero's month of May.
"It's frozen, I can't get it to work", "Thats because it doesn't have a touchscreen, it's an ipod classic..."
Danger Please: Do not imitate a rapist!

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby gatotsu911 » Sun May 15, 2011 4:39 pm

@SSD: I would expect to see a Persona 4 port for 3DS, if anything. Atlus has already promised a Persona game of some sort for the system, and unlike the PSP they could give it a straight port without having to compromise the visuals/interface as in P3P.

Me, I've mainly been playing Portal 2, Xenogears and Dragon Quest V (with a little bit of Final Fantasy VIII and Zelda: Twilight Princess thrown in around the periphery, but only because I'm trying to force myself to finish those games). I'm probably going to get Resident Evil 5 to play with friends in the near future.

Spud
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Spud » Sun May 15, 2011 4:47 pm

View Original PostTaintedHero wrote:I know a vast majority of you hate Call of Duty, but Ahhh!

EFG seems to be more of an RPG kind of place

After being disappointed so much by the series I have little to no hopes for anything call of duty (The only one I actually liked was W@W, but that's because I love the Pacific Theater) They have actually had the info out that they where making it since last October (maybe earlier)

I canceled my Gears of War 3 pre order and rolled it over to Operation Flashpoint Red River. Then went and played Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising for a good 5 hours (good times)
Last edited by Spud on Mon May 16, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
�We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.� ~ Carlos Castaneda
"Blessed, truly blessed, are those who have not known devastation " Antigone

I am the Verizon of the desert

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Same release date as BF3? Someone's on their period.

Postby Killer Bee » Sun May 15, 2011 8:00 pm

View Original PostTaintedHero wrote:I know a vast majority of you hate Call of Duty, but Ahhh!

Even though I suck at CoD I know I'm going to buy it anyway, if only to see whether the "new" Infinity Ward fucked everything up or not. :shinji_boohoo:

TaintedHero
Adam

Re: Same release date as BF3? Someone's on their period.

Postby TaintedHero » Sun May 15, 2011 9:00 pm

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:Even though I suck at CoD I know I'm going to buy it anyway, if only to see whether the "new" Infinity Ward fucked everything up or not. :shinji_boohoo:

I will probably trade black ops in for mw3. I am just one of those people who saw nothing seriously wrong with mw2, my friends and I play it together every night or so. We're slightly addicted.

On another note, my friend and I finally beat portal 2 multiplayer, and what a interesting ending it was. Who ever was asking if it had a story line or not, it does. A fairly weak one until it's almost over, then it kicks up a lot.
"It's frozen, I can't get it to work", "Thats because it doesn't have a touchscreen, it's an ipod classic..."
Danger Please: Do not imitate a rapist!

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Mon May 16, 2011 11:59 am

View Original Postgatotsu911 wrote:@SSD: I would expect to see a Persona 4 port for 3DS, if anything. Atlus has already promised a Persona game of some sort for the system, and unlike the PSP they could give it a straight port without having to compromise the visuals/interface as in P3P.

You do know that the PSP still has higher processing power and resolution than the 3DS.

LoCooLaidman
Lilith

Postby LoCooLaidman » Mon May 16, 2011 12:24 pm

I'm waiting for June 6th or 7th for SSF4AE... Those acronyms stand for: Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. My copy of SSF4 broke so i'm willing to pay 40$ bucks or so for it. For now, I'll whoop anus in Marvel v.s Capcom 3 (more like Phoenix v.s Capcom) 'till then.

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Iron Rooster » Mon May 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Been replaying FF12 again with some sporadic periods of Bad Company 2. For some reason level grinding is a rather relaxing activity for me as long I don't open the stupid chests that cheat you out of the best weapon of the game.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Mon May 16, 2011 1:37 pm

I'm playing fallout NV: honest hearts. Also, I'm typing this from one day in the future.

:mwahaha:
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Mon May 16, 2011 2:51 pm

Beat Portal 2 yesterday. I thought the first one was a fun time but reeeeeally overrated. All the cake memes that came from it didn't help either. The second was pure brilliance and I found myself laughing quite a bit. Having a more developed story made it even more interesting. Really great game.

LA Noire is in the mail and I'm very much looking forward to it.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Guyver Spawn » Mon May 16, 2011 3:04 pm

Got Left 4 Dead 2 the other day and I like it so far. I think I enjoy the first one better, but the game is still a lot of fun.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby arkiel » Wed May 18, 2011 12:10 pm

Playing LA Noire and Witcher 2 right now.

LA Noire feels like a tech demo for the next wave of features in the GTA series. Definitely a lot to it though.

Witcher 2 I am seriously enjoying, even though the game does a lot of stuff 'wrong' in the opening -- namely, it doesn't teach you anything about how to play it. The tutorials are presented in frames at the side of the screen that go away once you click any button (and you often are in the midst of mashing buttons when they decide to appear) and no mention is made of the function of your various signs until you get around to using them.
All that said and four hours in, Witcher 2 feels like its going to be a great game.

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Wed May 18, 2011 4:10 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:I'm playing fallout NV: honest hearts. Also, I'm typing this from one day in the future.

:mwahaha:

Is honest hearts like the first dlc where you basically lose all your weapons and stuff?
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Teague
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Teague » Wed May 18, 2011 8:27 pm

What have we done lately...finished Shin Megami Tensei and Shin Megami Tensei II.

Now playing Persona Portable, and Raidou II is in the mail.

That just leaves Persona 2, Strange Journey, Devil Survivor Overclocked and Devil Survivor 2 on my list of Meg Ten games to play.
"Don't you touch a hair on that boy's head! Have you no respect? He's mine! Get your own human play-thing, you quartz-brained little creampuff!"- Bernard Black
"Kaji was the most heartbroken and shattered over Kaji's death besides Misato." -AuraTwilight
Self-admitted meme-whore.
Unashamed troper.
O-sensei's House of a Thousand Hearts: Lest We Forget

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”