What are you currently playing?

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:18 am

View Original PostThe Abhorrent wrote:
SPOILER: Show
You shoot at the moon.... and it works!
Honestly, I just shot at it absent-mindedly.
Curious ape one, genre-savvy AI zero.

God, I LOVED the ending.
I like how - even when Wheatly knows what you're going to do - you can still beat him by taking advantage of his stupidity.

I also like how they managed to make it incredibly epic (Portal-ing to the MOON) and hilarious (Glados telling you to just go away).

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:06 pm

Also just finished Portal 2 (single player) and had a blast doing it. GREAT game. Thinking about going through again to see all the commentary stuff.

Hmm... EGF co-op?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:08 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Also just finished Portal 2 (single player) and had a blast doing it. GREAT game. Thinking about going through again to see all the commentary stuff.

Hmm... EGF co-op?

Do you have a headset? I'll try it out with you if you want.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:34 pm

I do, though I almost never use it. If it matters, I'm running the PC version. Looks like it has to run through steam or not at all.
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:36 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:I do, though I almost never use it. If it matters, I'm running the PC version.

Me too, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Add me on steam (I'm liquidus118, as always) and if you're free tomorrow I'll play with you.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:39 pm

cool, sounds like a plan. I'm bschlitt btw.

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:41 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:cool, sounds like a plan. I'm bschlitt btw.

Thought so, just accepted the invite.

Since this was sort of off-topic:
Shogun 2. Managed to spend 12 hours on multiplayer campaign yesterday. Me and the person I was playing it with had no idea how.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:43 pm

I don't own Portal 2... yet... but I can't wait until I finally get it.
I'm trying my best not to look at any of the story on youtube but I inevitably caved when it came to the end credits song. Since the announcement I've been thinking about just what the new ending theme would be like and I've been highly anticipating it.

When I started to listen to Want You Gone and noticed that the end credits style was similar to the first game's style I immediately fell in love with it. Even though it is shorter than Still Alive just hearing GLaDos sing made it still incredibly enjoyable. I can't stop listening to it. I'm not sure if I like it more than or just as much as Still Alive.

I love Jonathan Coulton~
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

Postby Fazmotron » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:12 am

The end of Portal 2......

......my brain asplode.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:57 am

I just finished the story mode in MK9 the other night, and the story was pretty decent but I feel like it could have been a lot better. I'm just having fun with the Arcade mode and the Challenge Tower. I'm staying way from the online modes right now since the online play creates so much lag and most of the fighters are just spammers.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby arkiel » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:51 pm

Does the multiplayer of Portal 2 have any story component?

TaintedHero
Adam

Postby TaintedHero » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:56 pm

View Original Postarkiel wrote:Does the multiplayer of Portal 2 have any story component?

Not really, It's just glados making fun of humans while you progress through levels, at least that what it is so far. There is a central hub where you can go pick what tests to do again.

Sadly on xbox live the only people I appear to get matched up with are the 12 year olds who like to spam the interaction emotes and just keep yelling that they don't know what to do. I will hold off continuing co-op until I can get a friend to buy the game.
"It's frozen, I can't get it to work", "Thats because it doesn't have a touchscreen, it's an ipod classic..."
Danger Please: Do not imitate a rapist!

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:55 pm

View Original Postarkiel wrote:Does the multiplayer of Portal 2 have any story component?

We've played for a few hours and so far nothing significant has happened regarding story, it's like TaintedHero said. That will probably change at some point though.
Wheatly was using the co op robots, too, so I assume you end up doing something with regard to him. Not to mention you see the robots in the end so maybe you help Glados or something.

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

Postby backseatjesus » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:04 pm

Replaying New Vegas and being as evil as I can possibly be. Also going all out with melee on this character. It's fun to beat the crap out of someone with a lead pipe.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:14 pm

I bought Super Street Fighter IV a while ago and finally got to take a stab at it. Good god, I'd forgotten how much I've always sucked at this game. T^T

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:45 pm

indeed, the only real story thus far is how many times we've managed to kill each other... mostly by accident. mostly.

Castle
Embryo

Postby Castle » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:57 pm

Deathsmiles - got to the final stage. Almost 1CC'd it.
Mushihimesama Futari 1.5/Black Label (Original Mode) - Still stumped on the third stage. Not easy, but fun.
Muchi Muchi Pork - Not really playing this seriously yet, but it's fun.

Gah, I sure do spend a lot on these games for how not-good I am at them. Not to mention I'm considering preordering this along with importing a Japanese 360. :shinji_boohoo:

But I have fun, and that's what matters right?!

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:34 pm

I'm thinking of getting minecraft. Anyone got any suggestions how I should go about it?
Voluntary Illusion.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:20 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:I'm thinking of getting minecraft. Anyone got any suggestions how I should go about it?

It's not a mystery. Go here, pay cash, receive entertainment.

http://www.minecraft.net/

Spud
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Spud » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:54 pm

Played a lot of STALKER: Call of Pripyat with the Call of Pripyat Complete mod.
It does a re haul of the graphics making it appear much smoother as well as adding better sound effects and guitar songs. The guitar songs seem like a small thing but when you only hear the same thing over and over again it gets annoying fast. So basically it makes the game prettier and adds to the immersion without changing the story. Stalker is basically like what Fallout: New Vegas tried to do with hardcore mode, but Stalker got it right (and first).

Also played Minecraft on a multiplayer server with some friends. Notch has a lot of work to do because survival multiplayer is still buggy as hell. Speaking of that the Nether still doesn't work. -__-

After STALKER and Minecraft I messed around in Just Cause 2 some more. The perfect game to hop on with on intention of doing anything productive and having a blast at the same time.
I'm thinking about getting Amnesia: Alone in the Dark
Could be interesting but I wouldn't get around to playing it until sometime next month.
�We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.� ~ Carlos Castaneda
"Blessed, truly blessed, are those who have not known devastation " Antigone

I am the Verizon of the desert

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”