What are you currently playing?

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:05 am

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:I have GoTY edition, but for the moment I haven't installed the expansions and I'm doing the Fighters and Mage guild quests.

Install Knights of the Nine and fly through that if you want some awesome ass gear. It makes everything else pretty easy though. Fighters and Mage guilds are really fun (main story is fairly lame IMO though) and you can get some nice bonus stuff at the end of them.

For those that are interested, my character is set out as follows:
Name: Iapetus Iota
Race: Breton
Star Sign: The Lady
Class: Bard

Bard eh? I never fiddled around with that, I usually do a spell-sword thing where I have a nice mix of hacking at shit and burning shit. :lol: Also wait 'til ya get to the Glass Weapons, those things are tits. :D

Spud
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Spud » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:48 am

I've started doing infantry squad leading on Project Reality (Battlefield 2 Mod) and I've gotten pretty good at it.
The only thing that is giving me trouble is enemy APC's (particularly the MTLB on Muttrah Citty) If they guy with the HAT (Heavy Anti Tank) Kit doesn't want to listen, we are in for a world of hurt.

Muttrah City =HOG= 24/7 all day erra day :toothy:
�We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.� ~ Carlos Castaneda
"Blessed, truly blessed, are those who have not known devastation " Antigone

I am the Verizon of the desert

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:48 am

View Original Postschismatics wrote:Install Knights of the Nine and fly through that if you want some awesome ass gear. It makes everything else pretty easy though. Fighters and Mage guilds are really fun (main story is fairly lame IMO though) and you can get some nice bonus stuff at the end of them.

Kot9 is painfully boring quests with some extremely interesting lore (how many sword-and-sorcery games feature God becoming incarnate as a human-supremacist Terminator complete with laser fist?) and decent loot. The lore at least is welcome given how devoid of it most of the main quest is.

Shivering Isles is still far better than basic Cyrodiil though, not least because it's actually visually interesting.

View Original Postschismatics wrote:Bard eh? I never fiddled around with that, I usually do a spell-sword thing where I have a nice mix of hacking at shit and burning shit. :lol: Also wait 'til ya get to the Glass Weapons, those things are tits. :D

Preset classes aren't worth the trouble - glad that Skyrim will be doing away with them entirely, since they haven't served a purpose since Arena
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:57 am

Started up a game of Tactics Ogre:Let us Cling Together.
I got some funky tarot cards, but I have no Idea what to do with them.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:54 pm

I haven't played that one (the Knight of Lodis, however, was rather nifty), but I believe I've heard that the tarot are essentially 1-use spell items.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:05 pm

what?
One-use key items wtf.

SpacemanSchmuck
Embryo

Postby SpacemanSchmuck » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:26 am

I've been playing Rome: Total War and really enjoying it. A lot of the game mechanics I have found to be quite intuitive.
"This time, I will definitely make you happy."
---
Yes, I have watched Evangelion, the series and all four movies, at least thirty times in the past ten years. Some of it much more than that.

I just want to say I'm not very active in this forum because I get WAY too passionate about Eva and my opinions and theories and I know it, and I don't want to get carried away and start flamewars. It's (not) what I really want to do. ha ;)
http://www.recklessillumination.org

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby arkiel » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:01 pm

Minecraft.

I lost a whole weekend, somehow ;-;

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:40 pm

View Original Postarkiel wrote:Minecraft.

:lol: What'cha making in it?

Other M actually isn't too bad. The controls are kinda funky but its easy to get used to. The ridiculous amount of story is strange to me, but then again I come from Metroid Prime 1&2, where there is minimal story and almost NO dialogue.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:10 pm

View Original Postarkiel wrote:Minecraft.

That tends to happen. I've been trying to build Ohtori Academy's dueling arena and somehow it becomes Monday without my even noticing.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby arkiel » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:20 pm

Strip mining, then losing a hoard to monsters in the deep of the earth.

Building water traps all around the island my house is on, to keep the monsters back.

Looking. For. DIAMONDS.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:26 pm

Have the portals been debugged yet? Last time I was messing around with that game they all lead back to the first one, making them useless for fast traveling. That really annoyed me.
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

MasonFighter
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby MasonFighter » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:22 pm

I'm emulating the Wario Land game for the Virtual Boy. Right when you start to enjoy a platformer, the developers decide you need to have a water level.
:gunmouth:
"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."
"Wars are rarely fought between good and evil; Most are between one good and another good."

psy
Embryo

Postby psy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:36 pm

I finally decided to actually set up my Xbox 360 for the first time in over a year due to the apparent influx of shmups that are available on it. I can't wait to get Deathsmiles.

I also play Ikaruga a lot at the moment, trying hard for some decent chains D:

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:52 pm

I go on 4chan's /tg/ and there's a thread about Total Annihilation.

Now I must play for hours on end...

Uriel Septim VII
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Uriel Septim VII » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:36 pm

View Original PostSpacemanSchmuck wrote:I've been playing Rome: Total War and really enjoying it. A lot of the game mechanics I have found to be quite intuitive.

Something I wish Empire: Total War had.
AVATAR-- Hedy Lamarr: actor, inventor of spread spectrum communications technology, and main villain of Blazing Saddles.

You know what, rip me off once, shame on me. But twice? I'm coming after you and taking back what's mine. --Billy Mays

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:29 pm

Finished Fallout today. None of my followers lived to the end, mostly on account of constantly running off to engage enemies on their own... Dogmeat got killed by one of the regulators, Ian got eaten by a deathclaw, and both Katjia and Tycho were gatling lasered to death (burst fire crits got them both at the same time!) in the cathedral's secret basement, so I had to take down both the master and the entire military base alone.

Oh well, time for Fallout 2!

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

This game may include artificial colors and flavors.

Postby Killer Bee » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:38 pm

Playing Pokemon SoulSilver again while I anxiously away the release of Black and White. I'm about halfway through Kanto and my Pokemon are only in their early 50's, and I'm not looking forward to the massive grind just before Red.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:00 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Oh well, time for Fallout 2!

Oh man, after that, you should definitely get the Fallout 2 Restoration patch (if you don't already have it).

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:07 pm

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:Playing Pokemon SoulSilver again while I anxiously away the release of Black and White. I'm about halfway through Kanto and my Pokemon are only in their early 50's, and I'm not looking forward to the massive grind just before Red.

What was your team for the Elite Four? (include level, moves, nature) And what kind of Pokemon are you training at the moment? Also, be sure to get phone numbers off all of the Gym Leaders - you can rematch them as many times as you like, especially useful if you just want to battle one leader over and over in their timeslot (e.g. Blue, Sunday 8pm- Monday 4am). I grinded my Suicune this way, got from level 40 to 80 in about three weeks IIRC, and that was only by using it in leader battles three or four times a day. Eventually said Suicune (at level ninety) became my main force against Red - used him with Calm Mind to sponge attacks from Lapras, Blastoise, Venusaur, Charizard and hit back with boosted STAB attacks (Red's Lapras doesn't have Water Absorb, so you can spam it with boosted water attacks). I suggest using a physical attacker against Red's other two, I used a level 75 Mamoswine. Keep in mind that Hail activates when the battle starts; so Lapras, Blastoise and Snorlax all have a 100% accurate Blizzard - against them, go for bulky Pokemon that are resistant to the ice type.
Voluntary Illusion.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”