What are you currently playing?

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

BARNEYisGHEY
Embryo

Postby BARNEYisGHEY » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:24 am

Bioshock 2, The Conduit, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Evangelion 64, Uncharted 2, Bayonetta, Little Big Planet and Siren Blood Curse
Shinji finished pretty quick, didn't he?

PSN:Tuddyman111
Steam:Dobbyscock7

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:34 pm

Themaninblack wrote:AVP is for jerks. PLAY MAG

can't rent it

none of the rental places have it for rent
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Captain_Morgan
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Captain_Morgan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:09 pm

MAG is a goddamn commitment. You don't rent that shit, you live it.

S.V.E.R. Pride!

Also finally got past Purgatory on my Infiltrator/Insanity Shepard. That room before the Warden with the goddamn heavy mech was fucking bullshit. Goddamn Centurions...really should have brought Miranda AND Garrus with me, but Mordin's mah boy.

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Iron Rooster » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:12 pm

^
If you think that's hard, just wait until you (some people here may not know this already)
SPOILER: Show
get to the collector ship. The platform area is bullshit and the praetorians in general are bullshit.

I remember that room with the YMIR mech. Yeah it is bull. It can walk behind stuff you can't and it's 20x your size.

Anyway, I finished the game with a NG+ Vanguard Shepard. It starts off ridiculously hard since your guns have no upgrades at all and your enemies are scaled to a level 30 character while you have no upgrades. At least as an infiltrator you have tactical cloak, ME2 boards I've visited recommend spamming it.

EDIT: I just noticed your avi. Nice. Mass Effect 3 needs to get "Don't Fear the Reaper" by the Blue Oyster Cult in the soundtrack somewhere.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

Captain_Morgan
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Captain_Morgan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 pm

Yeah, the only thing is that it only lasts six seconds. Better than nothing, yes, but I don't know how many times it gave out right before I got to cover...and then I was made into a fine paste.

And don't make me think of praetorians...I hate them sooooo much already.

Definite sense of achievement when I beat it this way.

And I always thought ME could use more cowbell.

NeverKnowsBest
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby NeverKnowsBest » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:05 am

Bioshock 2 again.

Also I am playing Super Smash Brothers Brawl again. My region (MD/VA) is finally starting a new season...we have been slacking with running tournaments after the one of our biggest regionals *Pound 4* with over 500 attendance. That was effing crazy.

It's been over a month since I've gone to a tourney. I feel so lost =3
Life is not so much random chocolates,
as it is a can of sour soda that we open up, and guzzle down.
We know it is sour, but we will drink it anyway.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:50 pm

Decided to go ahead and purchase Sonic the Hedgehog 3 from the Xbox Marketplace.

Ah, the classics.

I encountered a very odd glitch in the second zone that, for the lack of a better word, flung Sonic halfway across the level but of course Sonic drowned as soon as he finally landed.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:59 pm

Just platinumed Heavy Rain. Trophies aren't a big deal to me but I was so interested that I wanted to see every single outcome. I couldn't stop playing til I'd done everything. There are so many fun little details to catch. The game is absolutely awesome and, I think, an early GOTY contender. If you have a PS3, go play it.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:10 pm

I played some Virtual On and Panzer Dragoon on my Saturn. Good times. Left me feeling all warm and fuzzy, even though I never played them when they were initially out.

Captain_Morgan
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Captain_Morgan » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:31 pm

ZapX wrote:Just platinumed Heavy Rain. Trophies aren't a big deal to me but I was so interested that I wanted to see every single outcome. I couldn't stop playing til I'd done everything. There are so many fun little details to catch. The game is absolutely awesome and, I think, an early GOTY contender. If you have a PS3, go play it.

Holy Christ, how many endings are there?

I mean, I got like 50% of the trophies my first playthrough, but the "get all endings lol" trophy seemed like a bit much.

And right now I'm playing through Bioshock before I move onto Bioshock 2. Forgot how much I hated Sander Cohen...and collecting all the little sisters.

Waiting on the Metal Gear Collection to arrive w/ Rebuild 1.11, so I can play through all that shit in chronological order (I'm weird like that).

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:46 pm

There are 22 epilogues and probably about 7 or 8 outcomes of the game. You have to get all 22 epilogues to get the trophy.
Last edited by ZapX on Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Allemann » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:47 pm

I'm playing Policenauts for Playstation.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:10 pm

Finally got Silent Hill Shattered Memories. I’m really hoping it wont be a disappointment like the last few Silent Hill games.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

Postby EvaCub » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:40 pm

Heav Rain

finished with the worst ending possible :(
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:50 pm

Megaman 10

:w00:
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:18 am

I finished Assassin's Creed. [url]http://awesomelyshitty.wordpress.com/2010/03/02/things-i-hate-about-assassins-creed/[/url]
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:52 am

I'm playing the iPod Touch version of Chinatown Wars.
The driving will take some getting used to.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:44 am

I just picked up Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for PS3. It is so fucking win. There are dozens of awesome games on this disc. Even though I own most of the better ones, it is really awesome to have them all on one disc. And because they're on PS3, they're beautifully upscaled to 720p, and with HDMI output, they look and sound simply amazing. And for good measure, you can save state!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic%27s_Ultimate_Genesis_Collection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NL0r1zVaSU

Don't let the 4:3 inset on a 16:9 background throw you off. You can set your TV and the game to 4:3, and play full frame, which looks absolutely terrific.

My girlfriend and I rocked out some Golden Axe and Streets of Rage last night, it was so hot. Best twenty bucks ever. I think I'm going to rock out some Altered Beast and Vectorman 2 tonight. I haven't played those in over ten years.

Teague
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Teague » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:40 pm

Well, I beat FFV last night...the highest member of my party was Lv.38...none of the tricks I'd been using thus far were working on Neo Exdeath so I just had to do it vanilla...didn't even have any casualties at the end...

No...do I go straight to VI, or give the others a chance to catch up and play Persona 3...I'm leaning towards the latter...
"Don't you touch a hair on that boy's head! Have you no respect? He's mine! Get your own human play-thing, you quartz-brained little creampuff!"- Bernard Black
"Kaji was the most heartbroken and shattered over Kaji's death besides Misato." -AuraTwilight
Self-admitted meme-whore.
Unashamed troper.
O-sensei's House of a Thousand Hearts: Lest We Forget

Uriel Septim VII
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Uriel Septim VII » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:30 pm

Been shooting cops in GTA IV. The game is a cultural and meta-cultural phenomenon. The detail put into everything is great.
AVATAR-- Hedy Lamarr: actor, inventor of spread spectrum communications technology, and main villain of Blazing Saddles.

You know what, rip me off once, shame on me. But twice? I'm coming after you and taking back what's mine. --Billy Mays

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”