What are you currently playing?

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby TriLink » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:11 am

Captain_Morgan wrote:Woo! Got the thing with EA cleared up, so now I have mah blackhole gun.

Glad to hear you got your problem cleared up Morgan. My troubles seem to be a thing of the past as well. Remember when I said I couldn't get Legion to survive the Suicide Mission? Well, as it turns out, it wasn't his fault.

I kept picking Samura to lead the 1st team because every time I picked her, Miranda would say something like "Skilled and experienced; excellent choice!" I took this as meaning she was qualified for it. As it turns out though...not so much. On a whim, I picked Jacob to lead the team, and sure enough, Legion got the door closed in time. Whoopee!

That's one problem solved. Now it's time to bust out my code to get that Blackhole Gun, and the Collector Armor. They look pretty bad ass from the video I've seen of them thus far.

EDIT: Well shit. Even after reading what happened to you, I did the same fucking thing. I made a new account at ME2.com and put the code into that one, not realizing that I already had an account linked to my console.

Fuck.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Captain_Morgan
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Captain_Morgan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:15 pm

All you gotta do is either do the Live Chat with EA or call them. I was on the phone for maybe 40 minutes, but I obviously got it taken care of.

Here's their number: 866-543-5435

You just need to know to tell them your gamertag and the two email accounts.

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:13 pm

Beat Final Fantasy II last night...easy last boss is easy.

Onto Final Fantasy III! :D

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:28 pm

Which version of FF3? Famicom, Wonderswan or DS?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Allemann » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:36 pm

NemZ wrote:Which version of FF3? Famicom, Wonderswan or DS?

Who even has WonderSwan Color outside of Japan?

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:40 pm

NemZ wrote:Which version of FF3? Famicom, Wonderswan or DS?

DS. I've had to restart twice because of that damn "QUICK-SAVE thing failing. But luckily I've only put in about 5min each time.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:08 pm

Good choice... its improved in almost every conceivable way.

I'm not fond of the 'job system' branch of the early series, and in this game it showcases why: there are too many places where certain jobs are essentially required and they all level up separately.

My core group was thief/monk/fighter/red mage and it held up pretty well, with few detours into dragoon, viking, dark knight, black mage, bard, and scholar along the way. My final group was Ninja/Master/Knight/Sage
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:52 pm

^ Hmm. I'm starting out with a team of a Warrior, Red Mage, Black Mage, and another Warrior (might change him to Red Mage) but I'll see where that gets me. :D

roblucci01
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby roblucci01 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:05 pm

HOOKED on Modern Warfare 2, AGAIN.

This is my second time through the campaign, this time on my desktop as opposed to my notebook. Been getting a lot better at the online, now being able to get higher killstreaks and such.

Oh, by the way; I re bought COD4:MW on my PC due to the disc getting scratched on the 360, and this port of the game is so unbelievably better. This version features custom maps and 3rd party game modes for the online that you CAN'T get on the console versions of this game.

PC gaming is always the way to go, man.
I hate the internet

Orphan Of Darkness
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Orphan Of Darkness » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:15 pm

Guyver Spawn wrote:Playing the demo for the new AVP game, it's rather awesome when you get used to it.

Very much this. I keep hearing the sounds of the motion detector in my dreams, but it usually just my alarm clock :pwnd:

Alien is where it's at. I CAN CHASE MY OWN TAIL~!
EvanGelion:GLIA @A fanfiction project in progress. ~Updated-Mar 15th/2011~ |DeviantArt

-
"Make good use of this money, Rei. I

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

Postby Holy Diver » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:28 pm

roblucci01 wrote:PC gaming is always the way to go, man.

...If you can afford to buy a high-performance machine and upgrade your video card every year.
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

roblucci01
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby roblucci01 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:18 pm

Holy Diver wrote:
roblucci01 wrote:PC gaming is always the way to go, man.

...If you can afford to buy a high-performance machine and upgrade your video card every year.

lol

wat

My 9800gtx from 2008 has no problems running mw2 or anything to that effect.
I hate the internet

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

Postby backseatjesus » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:08 pm

I finally got a nuke on MW2. I feel so awesome right now.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:04 pm

Just got Assassin's Creed.

Holy crap, this is more fun than I thought it would be!
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Heromaster111
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Heromaster111 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:30 pm

Bioshock 2

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:40 pm

I picked up the original arcade version of Contra from XBOX LIVE Marketplace. It's kind of fun, but I think I like the NES version better, even if it is technically/graphically inferior, it just plays better. I'm working on getting all of the achievements, I only need one more, for completing the game in LIVE co-op. Every time I've tried, my partner has either sucked badly, or has lagged out on me.

Teague
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Teague » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:23 am

Stupid FFIII and the pointless Onion Knight Class...what good is a class that's only godly when you've hit Lv90+? Couldn't even make it decent until then, had to give it horrible stats right up to that point...

Ah well. Got that done. Moved onto FFIV...just about to hit the Sealed Cave...

Am liking the augments system, theres a certain...satisfaction to twincasting Ultima for max damage when I'm only in my 40's

Meanwhile, game is so much harder than on Snes...

What else...beat Bayonetta on normal...quite enjoyed it, although...was the main character supposed to have this inhuman subtext about her, or was that just me?
Last boss made me rage until I gave up and ran from everything in case it was a black hole. Was surprisingly easy then.
MY BACK HURTS JUST LOOKING AT HER STAND!!!
At least its less noticeable with the Katana

Ah well...will probably finish IV in a day or two...then on to V...I've heard good things about the GBA translation...although I've heard questionable things about the GBA translation for VI...can someone clarify just what the most striking differences are?
"Don't you touch a hair on that boy's head! Have you no respect? He's mine! Get your own human play-thing, you quartz-brained little creampuff!"- Bernard Black
"Kaji was the most heartbroken and shattered over Kaji's death besides Misato." -AuraTwilight
Self-admitted meme-whore.
Unashamed troper.
O-sensei's House of a Thousand Hearts: Lest We Forget

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:54 am

Teague wrote:Final Fantasy stuff

You're trying to plug through as many games before XIII comes out as well eh?

I've started on the GBA version of V and have no complaints so far.

Haven't heard anything about the VI gba transfer though. Well if not there's always the Snes version (yay ROMS).

Captain_Morgan
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Captain_Morgan » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:59 pm

Suddenly have the urge to buy Bioshock 1 and 2...

But mostly, I'm still playing Mass Effect 2. Insanity is a goddamn bitch, but I finally managed to get Garrus...I think. Kinda shitfaced when I got home last night so Shepard's adventures are a little fuzzy.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:46 pm

Beat Assassin's Creed...

What an ending...

ME WANT BUY SEQUEL!
---
At the moment I'm downloading a game called Max Payne from XBL since I have a bunch of Microsoft points that I really wasn't using.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”