Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:05 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_4149845705&feature=iv&src_vid=Ooc2rD-M-Y8&v=gPkqezNoG34

Moral of the story, I will be getting a Wii U in the near future.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

xyz346
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby xyz346 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:38 pm

I'm really excited to see this. I've been waiting two years and three months since they first announced it for more information!
Looks more like they'll be taking influences from Persona rather than the main series though...

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:27 am

I noticed a terrible lack of fire emblem in my SMTxFE, i noticed a 2edgyforme redesign of Chrom but he seems to be a demon, are we seriously relegating the FE characters to personas now? seriously?

Look its ATLUS and intelligent systems so im hyped as all shit but seriously i was expecting more crossover in my crossover, this is probably going to be another kingdom hearts situation though where i will end up not caring.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:46 am

I LOLed at the part where the girl did the Sailor Moon transformation into her battle bikini, and the boys reacted like actual teenage boys would react in that awkward situation.

I might check this out.

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:48 am

It has been posted on 1st April. Are you sure it's not fake?
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:06 am

^It seems a bit too elaborate (with animated segments and gameplay footage) to be a fake, unless the devs have too much free time on their hands.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:12 am

So i saw chrom in the trailer.......kinda:
SPOILER: Show

Except that isn't chrom, this is a 2edgy4me character but that's not chrom, see the problem here is that SMT and Fire emblem are set in totally different time periods, SMT is modern times whereas Fire emblem likes to stick to sword and stone age fantasy, you do something like move it all into modern times and Fire emblem loses something it has always had.
And im worried now, chrom looks like he will basically play the role of a persona, i dont want more FE characters doing that please.

So yeah this.......is not good news for me.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:18 pm

^[s:3a0mueog]My[/s:3a0mueog] Everyone's husbando has been turned into that...thing?

*stealthily draws wallet back into pocket*
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:23 pm

Everyone else: This isn't Fire Emblem or SMT!

Me: Looks fun, I think I'll check it out when it hits the states.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:31 pm

I choose to believe the husbando is not in this game, i can pretend this is a second marth and i will believe it.
Oh and tiki is somewhere between her awakening and pre-awakening age in terms of maturity:

Look i didn't mind when kingdom hearts turned squall into leon because leon is a much better character than squall ever was but chrom was already a great character, why would they do this?
I get redesigns and all but that doesn't even resemble chrom

This 2edgy4me character =/= perfect dad and husband:

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:36 pm

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/02/shin-megami-tensei-x-fire-emblem-got-persona-like-style/
interview with the producer
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:42 pm

That basically told us nothing, joy.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:20 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Everyone else: This isn't Fire Emblem or SMT!

Same here. Everything that people on the interwebs seem to dislike about the trailer are the reasons why I'm so hyped for it!

Guess I'm just a dumb Weeb. :lol:
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:03 pm

I was hoping to see more Hitoshura and Chiaki to see how they handle their relation in this one. But after this teaser, I've lost interest. Well, after 3.0 I got used to disappointment. :shrug:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:22 pm

Not really interested but I'll agree that this doesn't look anything like any Fire Emblem I've ever seen...?

Shoujo Kakumei Asuka
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Shoujo Kakumei Asuka » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:57 pm

This could be Great. Or Terrible. Or great and terrible.

Still, one issue I have is that they seem to focus much more on the SMT characters. I've only played Nocturne and 4, and they have some interesting characters, but there honestly aren't nearly as many as in Fire Emblem, so putting the emphasis on a small group of people seems pointless. Also, the atmosphere of this game seems off putting for someone like the demi-fiend.
I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was all over... - Spike Spiegel

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:06 pm

Out of Fire Emblem I was pretty much only interested in Lyn. Marth and his crew were cool to but Lyn was the first Lord I ever controlled in FE franchiese so I'm fondest of her. Chrom and Robin and the kidsalot have its charm but I feel they are getting overrated. Too much of them everywhere.
Another jaded man.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:04 pm

Keep in mind, the SMT x Fire Emblem thing could be just a working title.

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:56 pm

Seems like a cool concept, but the screenshots do worry me. I'm not detecting very much Fire Emblem DNA in it so far. But who knows, it might turn out to be amazing. Back in the day, Kingdom Hearts looked like the dumbest idea in gaming history until I actually played it. Now it's one of my favorite series.
[Redacted]

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:04 am

View Original PostRay wrote:Everyone else: This isn't Fire Emblem or SMT!

Same here. I'm more interested than not in what I saw when I watched Nintendo Direct tonight.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”