The Next Generation of Gaming

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:57 pm

I've never been an early console adopter, and I'm not an avid gamer, but I'm excited about the Wii. That might be because I'm really looking forward to the next Legend of Zelda game, though.

I guess that I just like Nintendo's approach to gaming -- solid, easy to pick up games that still have a lot of nuances. Maybe that's why the only games I liked on Xbox were the Halo series and on PS2 rhythm games like Guitar Hero and DDR.

But I think that the real winner in the next-gen console wars is still the Dreamcast.

If you ever get a chance to meet EM in person, ask him to do his impression of the Crazy Taxi guy.

Trowa_Ayanami
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Trowa_Ayanami » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:12 pm

Forget the PS3, Wii and XBox 360.

These are the REAL future of next generation gaming:

Neo Double Games

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow9SHsnFG2U[/url]

Popstation

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvXleDSkB-g[/url]

Gamestation

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXxttqyOGWU[/url]

:roll:
Spike Spiegel: Look at my eyes, Faye. One of them is a fake because I lost it in an accident. Since then, I've been seeing the past in one eye and the present in the other. So, I thought I could only see patches of reality, never the whole picture. I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was over.

The follower of the Shinji/Rei paring

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby master0rolando » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:33 pm

Trowa_Ayanami wrote:Forget the PS3, Wii and XBox 360.

These are the REAL future of next generation gaming:

Neo Double Games

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow9SHsnFG2U[/url]

Popstation

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvXleDSkB-g[/url]

Gamestation

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXxttqyOGWU[/url]

:roll:

[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Re: The Next Generation of Gaming

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:55 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:I want to hear people's thoughts on the next generation of gaming.

With the XBOX 360, PS3, and Wii, I've just become completely apathetic to the next generation of games. I don't like what I'm seeing, I don't like the prices, and I just want to flip off the entire gaming industry, and play old NES ROMs all day.

The X-Brick 360...

I'll stick with my army of computers thanx..
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Re: The Next Generation of Gaming

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:18 am

Titus wrote:
The Eva Monkey wrote:I want to hear people's thoughts on the next generation of gaming.

With the XBOX 360, PS3, and Wii, I've just become completely apathetic to the next generation of games. I don't like what I'm seeing, I don't like the prices, and I just want to flip off the entire gaming industry, and play old NES ROMs all day.

The X-Brick 360...

I'll stick with my army of computers thanx..

Looks like we agree with each other on something 8)
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:08 pm

In 60 more posts....Ill overtake 7th...

Seems on topic to me concerning what the topic is about.....:P
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby master0rolando » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:43 pm

i dont really think the 360 had enough improvment required for a new system to have...not that ive seen anyway...but i imagine it has really good X-Box live capabilities

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:17 pm

master0rolando wrote:i dont really think the 360 had enough improvment required for a new system to have...not that ive seen anyway...but i imagine it has really good X-Box live capabilities

The only thing, as you say, that is going for mircosoft at the moment is Xbox Live.
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby master0rolando » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:26 pm

im just pissed because they get DOA...

I WANT DOA....the only thing i wanted an X-Box for was Dead or Alive: Vollyball....

that makes me so pissed...there sure as hell better be a DOA game for PS3 or Wii...or i will pissed of even moar...then i shall eat them

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:29 pm

master0rolando wrote:im just pissed because they get DOA...

I WANT DOA....the only thing i wanted an X-Box for was Dead or Alive: Vollyball....

that makes me so pissed...there sure as hell better be a DOA game for PS3 or Wii...or i will pissed of even moar...then i shall eat them

DOA4 is awesome, although the boss cheats like hell.

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby master0rolando » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:09 pm

no fair you bastard....you have DOA4...i hate you

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:55 am

master0rolando wrote:no fair you bastard....you have DOA4...i hate you

Try fighting Alpha, then you'll realize how much pain I went through and no longer hate me :P

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby master0rolando » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:36 am

i suppose Alpha is a new character?....I GUESS I WOULDNT KNOW WOULD I?!?!?!...AIGH!

HERES WHAT I THINK OF YOU AND YOUR X-BOX!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ACGbvkLzI4&mode=related&search=

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:08 am

Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3). This game is looking better each time I seen new footage

zeaven
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby zeaven » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:21 am

I'm tired of hearing elitists say that they're unsatisfied with where the next generation of gaming is going. Where do you want it to go? Why is 3d inherently inferior to 2d? Are old games that much more creative and inspirational than new games? I know that's the case sometimes, but to dismiss the entirety of a generation is just foolish.

Would you be happy if Square used the FF6 engine over and over again and pumped out the same storyline with the same graphics?

Just where exactly do you want them to go with the next generation if what they're doing currently is not sufficient?

Mundane
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Mundane » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:29 am

Timesplitter 01 wrote:Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3). This game is looking better each time I seen new footage

God damn it, where am I going to come up with $500?
"Evangelion's some heavy shit. I've heard people get into serious philosophical debates on the internet. Then they jack off." -C4

zeaven
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby zeaven » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:42 am

Just wait until it's ported to PC. FPSes on consoles make baby Jesus cry.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:36 am

zeaven wrote:Just wait until it's ported to PC. FPSes on consoles make baby Jesus cry.

Your going to have to wait a while because this game needs a blue-ray disc.

The game covers 21 GB and the sound about 1 GB. With the cuts sences it will total about 35 GB ( read that somewhere else). The reason is probably because it is uncompressed.

http://www.mtv.com/games/video_games/news/story.jhtml?id=1539078

So yea, your in for a long wait. Plus your going to need a big HDD and a lot of RAM

tinmeigut
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby tinmeigut » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:57 am

Indeed the new consoles are excellent but I still have to stick to my computer, which is very sad. My parents won't like me taking control of the TV all day.
If all the world hated you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience approved you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without friends. -Jane Eyre, Chapter 8

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:03 am

Bring it on....

My system should run anything now....

:twisted:

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”