EGF Fighting games thread

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:58 am

Holy crap is Deadpool going to be ANNOYING. Everybody has silly things they yell over and over again, but so far his is the only one I've seen go into 'turntable skipping' do to performing a combo.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

felineki
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby felineki » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:52 pm

View Original Post0x2eleven wrote:Anyone else disappointed there there are only supposed to be around 30 playable characters in this one? One of the best things about MVC2 was the amount of characters you could match up.
That's because for MvC2 they basically just recycled everyone from the previous games (except for Norimaro, unfortunately). They don't have any ready-made material that they can plug in this time, they're doing everything from square one.

Anyway, Felicia's looking oddly thin, and I'm having a hard time getting used to her new voice.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:32 pm

I remember reading that they might be something around 40 something characters. Their is a story mode now which means less order to make the story decent enough for the players.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

JUSTINBAILEY
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby JUSTINBAILEY » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:06 pm

So, the fate of two worlds has rested in our hands for the last week and a half. How are you guys liking it so far? Have you even played the missions? Or did you jump straight to training and online? What characters do you love and what characters have you kept on your team?

My team is
Zero (Colour 3) Shipuuga
Trish (Colour 2) Low Voltage
Wolverine (Colour 3) Berserker Barrage

My weak link really is Zero, and I have been running him in a reversed role of Wolverine for basically what has ended up as assist only. Wolverine is my best last man standing and is tres deadly with X-factor coupled with Berserker Charge. I put zero up in front so I could learn to use him better as my team really focuses on rush down and cross-up (or keep away and cross-up in Trish's case). Zero facilitates this kind of team in my opinion because of his teleport and in the air Raikousen; I just need to learn to use him better.

When playing this team I feel like it's very high risk high reward, always having both assists out whenever possible adds a lot of extra pressure on the opponent while simultaneously endangering my entire team to a stray hyper combo.

I really like Phoenix and she would fit on my team with TK Overdrive but the problem is that the risk of using her assist is really multiplied. If she gets caught out there while assisting she's toast.

I don't personally own the game but I've played it extensively with friends. I'm using my madcatz fight pad I bought for SF-IV
Is it kind of weak that I bought a controller for a system I don't own haha? I just didn't want to dish out the 100+ dollers for a tournament stick; I suck at using it's arcade style lay out anyways.
J U S T I N - B A I L E Y
_ _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:16 pm

You can vote again who you want for DLC. However it's a poll this time, so you're limited as to who you want.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/marvelvscapcom/go/thread/view/102977/27076341/DLC_Polls_Round_2

I voted for.

Marvel:

Silver Surfer
Thanos
Venom

Capcom:

- Frank West
- Gene from Godhand
- Megaman X
Last edited by Guyver Spawn on Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Copy and pasted from dead thread:

I love the game. My usual team is Deadpool, Dante, and Super-Skrull. As soon as I put the game in my PS3 I went straight for Arcade mode.

I am disappointed Frank West was axed at the last minute but hopefully he'll be worked out and included in future DLC.

I was also a little disappointed in the fight with Galactus. I feel it should've been three rounds instead of two. You'd think it would be three rounds considering his final words when he's beaten. Viewtiful Joe is my favorite character to do air combos with.
___
It's worth pointing out that Doc Ock would have been in the final game. There is data relevant to him in the game's disc so we might see him as DLC in the future.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

JUSTINBAILEY
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby JUSTINBAILEY » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:57 pm

View Original PostGuyver Spawn wrote:You can vote again who you want for DLC. However it's a poll this time, so you're limited as to who you want.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/marvelvscap ... ls_Round_2

I voted for.

Marvel:

Silver Surfer
Thanos
Venom

Capcom:

- Frank West
- Gene from Godhand
- Megaman X

The link doesn't work D : There's a dot dot dot stuck in between. Do I need to sign up on the site to vote?

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:37 pm

I.

Wanna take you.

For a ride.

Also, X-23/Spiderman/Amaterasu is my main. Occasionally, I'll switch out Spidey for some ball-bustin Haggar goodness.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:06 pm

My main team is Dante, Captain America, and Super Skrull. I tend to play with the Marvel characters more then Capcom ones mainly I'm more of a Marvel fan then a fan of most Capcom series.

View Original PostJUSTINBAILEY wrote:The link doesn't work D : There's a dot dot dot stuck in between. Do I need to sign up on the site to vote?

I fixed the link and you do a account to vote. Making one is easy to make and I hope Silver Surfer will become DLC. I hate how he was cut because they thought he look too similar to Iceman :rolleyes:.

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:37 pm

Forget Silver Surfer, vote for Megaman X.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:40 pm

What kinda arcade sticks are people using?
Controller is a serious no-go.

JUSTINBAILEY
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby JUSTINBAILEY » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:11 pm

View Original PostGuyver Spawn wrote:My main team is Dante, Captain America, and Super Skrull. I tend to play with the Marvel characters more then Capcom ones mainly I'm more of a Marvel fan then a fan of most Capcom series.

I fixed the link and you do a account to vote. Making one is easy to make and I hope Silver Surfer will become DLC. I hate how he was cut because they thought he look too similar to Iceman :rolleyes:.

They actually scrapped him because his surf board was to hard to implement into the game engine. They then thought about fielding him without the surfboard but THAT would be to much like ice-man. Honestly I don't want them to put the Silver "Surfer" without his board in, the board is too much an integral part of his character to lose.

View Original Postarkiel wrote:What kinda arcade sticks are people using?
Controller is a serious no-go.

Is what most of my friends use, one built his own with Sanawa parts. I use a fight pad (refer to page 2 to see) At tournaments I'm pretty sure most players use TE sticks, don't quote me but I THINK Justin Wong does?

They go for around 150 - 200$.

Edit:

I just signed up, voted for Moon Knight on the marvel side and X and Vergil on capcoms. It doesn't look like he's going to make the cut but Moon Knight is one of my favourite marvel characters.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:55 pm

I don't want them to put the Silver "Surfer" without his board in, the board is too much an integral part of his character to lose.

Silver Surfer has fought without his board manytimes before. I hope Ghost Rider becomes DLC and I think it might be possible since he has a lot of votes. And that
SPOILER: Show
He appear at Dante's ending. It would be good to see a better conection between the characters in the game.

JUSTINBAILEY
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby JUSTINBAILEY » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:22 am

View Original PostGuyver Spawn wrote:Silver Surfer has fought without his board manytimes before. I hope Ghost Rider becomes DLC and I think it might be possible since he has a lot of votes. And that
SPOILER: Show
He appear at Dante's ending. It would be good to see a better conection between the characters in the game.

Oh, well that goes to show how much I know about him LOL I thought when he was separated from his board he lost all his energy xD maybe that's the surfer from reboot ... ><

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:20 pm

On Ask Capcom Live, Snow mentioned to Sven about the survey/poll & they are aware of them, they're listening to your opinions, & it might have an impact on future DLC characters.

Strider, Ghost Rider, Megaman X, Gambit, Phoenix Wright, and Venom seem to be likely now, as they are the most requested chars.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

[Video Games] Soul Calibur V

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:39 pm

If Sophitia is really dead, then I'm organising a mass boycott of anything related to Namco until she's canonically brought back to life. Who's with me?
Last edited by TehDonutKing on Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:39 pm

what the fuck is Sophitia

some sort of sophist?

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:41 pm

The most well-developed character in the Soul series.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:43 pm

ahh, okay

I give you my spiritiual support

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:49 pm

Canon deaths in Fighting games are hilarious.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”