[RP] Adolescence of Evageeks

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:04 pm

Sihaya Cherem
Her body already had already been torn apart on the inside. And now her heart was as well, and they asked for the rest of her. Worry and excitement she couldn't hide from herself (though she easily hid it from them), and as a girl she feared that her lover might have lied about the end of her ending.
"What is this revolution everyone seems to know about and how is it to be determined... who will get it," she asked as though she were not asking. The thought occured to her that she might be on the edge of dry tears, but she didn't know.
Last edited by Lavinius on Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:41 pm

Johji glanced at Sihaya. The girl was murmuring something under her breath, talking about "the Revolution." She looked to be on the brink of tears.

The girl was an enigma to him: out of all the student council members, she was the only one who seemed to believe they belonged to an organization. She seemed more devoted to End of the World than herself. In Johji's mind, that made her both useful and potentially dangerous. He would need to keep tabs on her, to ensure her cooperation.

"Next on our agenda," he said. "The Fall Formal. I had suggested Kushiro Memorial Hall as an appropriate venue, but I believe this is Mr. Hayashi's purview as Social Vice President?"

He inclined his gaze towards the moody-looking boy.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:58 pm

Scarriotte Alfonse

Incendiary.

That was the only word that could describe Scarriotte's mood as she stormed towards the office of her supposed allies. First, to have suffered a humiliating defeat at the hands of that loathsome brat Kaijin, then to have required carrying to a hospital bed, and now, she had heard, the revolutionary party was holding a meeting without her. To say she was angry was an understatement of a truly epic magnitude.

At last, she thought. The meeting room elevator...I was getting tired of looking for this thing...

With that, she pressed the button affixed to the wall, waited a few seconds, and stepped into the elevator. The door closed behind her, and the cramped metal box began to rise.

As it rose towards the office, she readied herself to face her comrades. She removed her sword from its scabbard, struggling not to hit the wals of the tiny elevator as she brought it to bear. Even despite her injuries, its familiar heft sat well with her, almost as if it were a part of he rarm.

Really, she needed a name for it. She ran through a few possibilities. Then it hit her. Something in her native tongue.

L'abbraccio di morte, she decided. Embrace of Death. Yes, that shall be your name.

Suddenly, the elevator came to a halt. With a rattle, the door slid open, revealing her to the gathered members of the Revolutionary party.

With a grimace, she marched out, each footfall heavy and deliberate. She stood before the startled congregation, slamming her sword into the floor and resting her hand upon the pommel.

"If you think losing a few pints of blood is going to get me out of the way..." she snarled, her voice dripping with contempt. "You are sadly- and fatally- mistaken."

She pointed to the empty chair, her face twisted into a mad grin.

"As president of the Revolutionary Party, and last surviving heir to the Alfonse family, I hearby declare this meeting adjourned..." she bellowed, tightening her hand up into a fist. "Until one of you treacherous dogs can tell where that worm Kaijin is!"
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:20 pm

Johji disguised his surprise with amusement at Scarriotte's sudden appearance. He had borne the girl in his arms to the infirmary, and seen the extent of her wounds; he had not expected her to be out and about so soon, and it made him wonder about the quality of the medical staff at this school.

"Miss Alfonse," he said. "Kind of you to join us...say, do you think you'll be going to the formal? I think you'll have no trouble finding a date. Ah, but I'm straying from topic...ah, Kaijin? I don't know where the One Engaged is, nor do I particularly care. All I care about is making sure that he gets what he deserves." Johji glanced at Scarriotte's sword. "Were you planning on challenging him next? I'm afraid I've already claimed that honor for myself."

He gestured to an open seat that had appeared, as if out of thin air, at his side. "Come, join us—it's time we made a plan."

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:13 pm

Scarriotte Alfonse

"Come, join us—it's time we made a plan."

For the first time in ages, a smile crept upon Scarriotte's face; a malicious, wicked grin of elation and sadistic glee.

"I am...most glad to hear we are on the same page." she chuckled, striding over to the empty seat and sitting down heavily, propping her sword against the chair. "And as for the formal...I highly doubt it. Even if I were interested in romance, with this bruised and blemished body I would not imagine many people finding me particularly attractive."

"But yes. A plan." She cracked her knuckles, placing her hand under her chin as she began to think. "Firstly, as much as I appreciate your willingness to fight for me, I must be the one who defeats Kaijin. Someone such as yourself, a man of peerless skill, defeating him will be meaningless. His downfall must be brought about by the hands of the one he thought so easily defeated. That way, his humiliation will be all the more intense."

"Secondly," she continued. "We must give him a reason to feel the need to fight again. His confidence will be inflated by his recent victory and possession of the rose bride...First, I believe it is in our interest to somehow tarnish his reputation, make him feel he has to reclaim his honour by dueling me. Then, we must be absolutely certain he will not win the duel. As much as I loathe dishonest tactics, we may need to, shall we say, alter probability a little- a dud blade, a small administration of poison, or anything else that will detriment his fighting ability will do."

She sat back a little, resting her head on her hands against the back of the chair.

"The hardest part, of course, is persuading him to fight again. I have a few ideas myself; if a member of the fairer sex were to assist us, I believe she could hasten his downfall. Kaijin is a proud one, his vision clouded by hubris, and as such he will be prone to manipulation, especially by women." Her smile began to turn into a devilish Cheshire Cat grin, a glint in her amber eye. "All it takes is one allegation of harassment or a few honeyed words, and Kaijin Iwaeken will come tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down..."

She shifted in her chair, crossing her legs and resting one hand upon her sword.

"So, what do you think, my friends?"
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:32 pm

Johji wiped his brow.

"Miss Alfonse," he said, "I think you misunderstand me. I have no interest in humiliating the boy; if you wish to do so, do it on your own time and without wasting the energy of the student council. My interest is purely in the dueling game itself."

He glanced at the others gathered there.

"After all, the power to revolutionize the world should be in good hands, should it not?...I propose the following. When I win—yes, when, not if I win—I will cede control of the Rose Bride to another member of this council. Someone determined, an excellent fighter, unlikely to lose control of her easily...the agreement being that, when the time comes for the Revolution, he or she must approach End of the World with all our interests in mind."

Sighing, Johji leaned back in his seat and gazed towards the heavens.

"They'll say our mission changed the world, and we stood proud. The underground will rise and save this world, we'll change the world, we'll all stand proud."

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:35 pm

Ryo

“It sounds like that we all agree then that Kaijin must be defeated.” Ryo said, finally breaking his silence. “I like your idea Johji, but can we really trust that you would actually carry it out?” He said.

“Also, what’s this about me being in charge of the fall formal? Do you seriously think I care enough to even bother with it?” He paused. “That’s something we can discuss after we are done here I think.” He smirked. “Don’t really want to detract from the issue at hand here… dealing with Kaijin.”

Ryo slumped in his chair. “So how would you determine who is the best fighter here if you carry out your proposal? Through the duels… or do you have something else in mind?”
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:00 pm

"Technical skill is not my main concern," Johji said. "All that matters is that our champion is too determined to give up the Bride under any circumstances. Mark Twain once said, 'the best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before.' That is my aim."

He glanced around the chamber at the assembled duelists.

"As for who that is...that remains to be seen."

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:43 am

Sihaya Cherem
But all of this scheming meant nothing to Sihaya, for she was the Aristotelian sort of girl, who must always know the End of something to even care about the beginning itself, except perhaps Life and Existence, she didn't think there was a reason God had created those.
So she raised her hand, and as soon as Johji spotted it (probably thinking she wanted to volunteer) she repeated her question, louder this time.

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:17 am

Johji laughed. It was not a chuckle, but a harsh-sounding, cruel laugh.

"You want to know, do you, girl?" he said, glancing at Sihaya. "Wouldn't we all like to know? But at the end of the day, we don't. We're subject to the whim of He Who Dwells at the End of the World, and as such our only recourse is to play by his rules."

He stared at Sihaya a moment longer. He had not given the girl much thought before, but—luck being what it often was—she could turn out to be just the person he needed.

"With that said," he declared, standing, "I elect Miss Cherem to be our Champion."

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:15 am

Scarriotte Alfonse

"I elect miss Cherem to be our Champion."

Scarriotte was strangely contented with this news. In fact she was quite pleased with this outcome. Sihaya was an interesting one, quiet and reserved, and yet she felt hidden strength within the sickly girl. If there was anyone on the council she felt she could trust, it was her. It also helped she was the only other female presence in the party.

"I concur," she said, feeling a lot calmer than before. "I believe Sihaya here will be a superb representative for us all. However, I think we should test her mettle in the arena at some point. I would be honoured to be permitted to duel with her, but I am most concerned that she gets the opportunity to prove herself."

She bowed her head in respect.

"Your thoughts, Johji?"
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:24 pm

"I'd agree to that," Johji said, "if Miss Cherem agrees." He glanced at the girl, waiting for her response.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:51 pm

"I agree as well" Ryo added, bowing his head in respect.

Sihaya was a quiet and strange girl, but he felt that that made her a good choice to be the Champion since most would not expect it.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:08 am

Sihaya Cherem
"Oh."
If Johji knew nothing, then how could he trust that the Revolution could serve all their interests? She had supposed, on no evidence (she now realized), that it could be only a single word and order. A girlish fantasy stung at the edges of her conciousness: perhaps Johji himself was the End of the World.
And, placing this strange little Rose Bride thing in her hands, Johji held knowledge he refused her, and a plan he did not speak of (what it was she by definition had no idea). No, she would not quickly submit to him, whether he was the End or not.
"No... no thank you. I will not. My health is weak even without swords passing by. It is a good idea though." If her mask had been different, at the last words she would have toned her voice higher and almost smiled in nervousness. But she did not, of course.

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:27 pm

"Sihaya," Johji said, now sounding almost exasperated. "If you can't stand a simple, friendly duel, how do you expect to defend the Rose Bride if the time ever comes when End of the World requires it of you?" He had no reason believe such a time would ever come, but in his heart he knew that his original plan had only a small chance of success. There was no reason to believe teenagers, especially a disjointed and egotistical lot such as these, would ever willingly collaborate when there was a chance to win it all for themselves.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:44 am

Sihaya Cherem
"What exactly do you mean?" she said, craning her head towards Johji. "That wasn't what you were suggesting a moment ago. Will is weak, it breaks by the motion of bodies. And my body is weak. I will fail in any duel, even if I hope. Place the responsibility on someone better."
She shivered. Johji would insist.

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:23 pm

Sighing, Johji rubbed his brow.

"If the circumstances arise," he said. "We already have one maverick possessing a rose crest—what if more appear? We need to be prepared, each of us, for such circumstances.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:56 am

Scarriotte Alfonse

Scarriotte was beginning to lose her patience with the girl. She knew Sihaya had the strength of will to fight- the fact that she was here instead of bedridden despite being in such poor shape was proof enough- but she was crippled by doubt, unable- or unwilling- to accept her duty.

"Sihaya," she sighed, her fingers wrapping round the hilt of her sword, as she tended to do when her temper rose. "You must not allow your fear and your doubt to overcome you. You are a strong one, strong enough- otherwise you would be cowering in your bed rather than sitting with us- but you are plagued with meekness. When you step upon the arena floor, do not merely hope that you will win- know you will win. There is no room for hesitation, nor for cowardice. I am confident- no, I am certain that you have the power to fight for us. Your greatest barrier is not your ability, nor your condition. It is your doubt."

She stood up, planting her sword upon the ground with one hand, and reaching out to Sihaya with the other.

"Do not let your fear conquer you. Let your resolve transcend the limitations of your body. Allow yourself to rise above pain. Become certain of your victory. This is something you can- nay, you WILL do. But only you can make it so." she said, her voice stern, but inspiring (or at least, she hoped so). "If you wish, I can help you, but remember that ultimately, the only one who can truly better you is yourself."
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:32 am

Sihaya Cherem
Sihaya opened her mouth to speak, but closed it as Miss Alfonse went on a tirade. Afterwards she lifted her head again, looked at Johji and said, "I will."
She paused for a moment, "shall we make the duel now? But I lack a sword."

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:18 am

September.

The days were already shorter, but the summer still refused to leave and there was no sign of change in the horizon. Still, Zion knew that it in a few weeks, a month at most, the rain would come, and drench the ground, impregnating the air with that smell that the young prince loved so much.

‘This is so very different from Monaco...’, he thought as he observed the scenery pass by. To be honest, the young man hadn’t expected it to be so... Verdurous. The lush prairies and meadows extended over the hills as far as the eye could see and the air was clean, transparent. There was no such thing back in his country. The city of Monaco was built in a rocky cliff covered by the sea salt carried by the clashing waves and in the wind. Little could grow on the hard, punished soil and whatever managed to was quickly ripped out build yet something else on the ever transforming city. The only real vegetation was the botanic garden in Monte Carlo, which was indeed very beautiful, but still was a tamed nature within an artificial environment, the fields that were being displayed before Zion’s eyes may not as exotic or wondrous, but he preferred them.

“... Maybe it was for the best in the end...”, Zion voiced as he leaned back until he could see the sky through the glass ceiling.

“Hmm?, What do you mean?”, was his response as his brother, Lucien, moved his gaze from his window to him, taken out from his thoughts, whatever they were. The mind of his twin was a mystery, some kind of black box, result of Lucien’s habit of keeping his feelings private.

“I was referring to this situation. That perhaps we can be... happier here”, explained Zion. At first, his statement was only met with silence as Lucien closed his eyes and gave a deep breath. He had never wanted to leave for Japan, Zion knew as much, however, he seemed to have accepted his parent’s decision. “... It could be. Only time will tell”, he said stretching his legs and arms and returning to his half-dreaming state. For a pair of minutes, Zion stared at him in silence, however, soon enough the prince’s eyes drifted to the world beyond his window, retiring to his own private universe as well.

The ride didn’t take much more. It was surprising how far was the academy from the town itself. One would think such an important learning center would have been built in the heart of the city, where the rich and influential people resided... Perhaps intern students were more prevalent than he thought at first.

The academy itself appeared to be very beautiful, at least from a distance, classical-styled buildings, large, tall windows in arc and tasteful combinations of white and blue and rich ornamentations all mixed together to form the campus. It even had its own little forest.

The official car stopped before the iron gates, his own door was soon oppened by one of the three bodyguards that had come with the twins, “Do not worry, your Serene Highnesses, we will take care of your lugage. Please, feel free to visit the academy if you wish to”.

Zion stepped out of the car, the light fell heavily on him, making his hair shine golden. He, like his brother were already wearing the reglamentary uniform so to blend in easier and in also gain time. Truth to be told, the white attire suited Zion’s tastes perfectly. “There’s no need for such formalities, we are not our father after all”.

“... And it’s not like Zion ever was all that serene either”, jokingly added Lucien as he came out. He did not look all that happy with his uniform, after all, he always had preferred somber colors. Nor the bodyguards nor Zion replied to the jab, but the prince let out half a smile followed by the hint of a chuckle, looking down and to the side to hide it as he put his hand on his hip. What could he say?, he was right about that.

“Anyways, shall we go then, brother?”, he asked Lucien.

“Shall we”.

And so, they crossed the gates, not knowing that doing so their fate had already been revolutionized.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”