3DS Corner

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:20 pm

That's a decent assessment of the game, JimmyWolk. It's more emotional and beautiful in its darker tone, and manages to have you more curious about every little detail and area than any other Zelda game. Why the land is supposedly destined to be destroyed, not simply at risk of some malevolent force; what connection this strange wonderland has to Hyrule, if any; and why does the world seem to have suffered much more than just the current looming threat of a moon crashing into it. All of which is never touched upon. The fourth main dungeon is a really interesting place, without any character ever saying a word about it.

The three day system definitely is brilliant, and how the characters are presented and what they mean to you is like nothing I've come across in story telling of any kind. How it seamlessly works with the core gameplay is shamefully underrated. If you've got time to invest in a game that requires you to learn a fair bit to make your way through it, while constantly being restricted, you definitely should. By far the most rewarding experience from an adventure game - in my opinion, of course.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:05 pm

View Original PostJimmyWolk wrote:Aren't all three major masks from dead NPCs?

Yup, the two of the three major transformation masks are found by using the Song of Healing on dying NPCs and one is heavily implied to have elements of a dead NPC incorporated into it. Not to mention the storyline dungeon rewards, the Boss Remains, are the masks of the dead bosses. Some of the masks have lighthearted or fairly normal backstories, but others have darker and more sinister origins.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:10 pm

This game cant come out soon enough EU....
SPOILER: Show
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOPtDknFwtI[/url]

You can have my money but you need to release it first wayforward! come on please?
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:29 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:Best Zelda game getting a remake oh my fucking yes

this isn't a Zelda II remake though ;)
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:33 pm

Nobody but me actually plays any wayforward games do they?....... oh well guess i'll just go back to waiting on new half genie hero info then......
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:35 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:Nobody but me actually plays any wayforward games do they?....... oh well guess i'll just go back to waiting on new half genie hero info then......

I've played Mighty Switch Force, the Adventure Time Hey Ice King game, and the original Shantae on the 3DS VC.

Those are Wayforward games, right?
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:46 pm

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:I've played Mighty Switch Force, the Adventure Time Hey Ice King game, and the original Shantae on the 3DS VC.

Those are Wayforward games, right?

I've played Adventure Time.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:36 am

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:Nobody but me actually plays any wayforward games do they?

No but that mesmerizing dancing Shantae avatar sure makes me want to.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:23 am

^^ The licensed games are not really what im talking about, if you want the very best wayforward stuff you play their original stuff, i am mostly talking about the mighty games (switch force, flip champs, milky way) and the shantae games, shantae gba is a good but kind of aged game, risky's revenge and pirates curse however are freaking awesome.

That and half genie hero looks like a kickstarter well backed to me.

^^^ played switch force 2 yet? its one of those games that just improves on what the previous one did greatly

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:32 am

When I’m temporarily penalised from playing Smash Bros. online (or sick of losing after a bad streak) I like to play a little Steel Diver: Sub Wars on the 3DS.

Basically- it’s World of Tanks… underwater. 4 v 4 team death-matches using submarines. It’s like a first person shooter in slow motion.
One interesting feature is its use of Morse code as the only way to communicate with other players (you receive messages in pre-translated English, but you have to write your messages in morse).
It’s available for free, but £8 is a small price to pay for better subs and crew options.

The game is currently at version 4.1. I downloaded the v1.0 release and it has been interesting experiencing the game develop over the year…
Originally: it was possible to friendly-fire your team mates, which was a pain in the backside if you were teamed with a LV1 newbie who would torpedo you without knowing any better. I learned many insults in Morse code because of this.
It was common for players to compete over who would send the final “GO!” message before the match started.

With v2.0 : the chatroom feature was removed, and the time spent in the lobby before matches was reduced from two minutes to one minute maximum; it was great that you didn’t have to wait so long for the next match anymore, but it was a shame to lose the extra chatting time. Players used to ask each other’s nationalities and the like, but now there’s hardly enough time to write anything substantial. Nobody was racing to send the last “GO” anymore either.
Friendly fire was removed and replaced with an unmistakable “You hit an ally!” message and minor point deduction for the act.

Come v3.0 : The players’ levels were hidden from view in the lobby, prompting many to ask “LV?” rather fruitlessly as they waited for the match to begin.
Some players tried bluffing by changing their usernames to things like “Jon LV99”, sadly for them however– the game displays their real level next to their username during the match. Leading you to run into a submarine with “Jon LV99 – LV5” displayed above it.
An extra submarine type was made available which resembles the CPU subs you sometimes get when not enough players join a match. This also lead to many players changing their names to “CPU” in a bid to fool new players- once again however, the strategy fell flat because CPU subs don’t have levels displayed.

Now at v4.0 : Some morse shortcuts have been added to the controls, allowing you to quickly input: “THANK YOU”, “GOOD”, “HELP” and the best one: “SORRY”

Getting to learn morse code has been surprisingly fun- some of the most common transmissions you’ll see will be:
    HI – the universal, lazy greeting.
    R – Roger.
    FR? – Do you speak French?
    DEU? – Do you speak German?
    ESP? – Can you read my mind?
    46 – The Japanese players always say this. Its meaning eludes me.
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE – A troll/newbie still trying to figure out how the morse input works.
    THANK YOU/GOOD/HELP/SORRY – A troll/newbie still trying to figure out how the morse shortcuts work.
Encounter me- and you may receive one or more of the following:
    ZQOZ – (Walk like an Egyptian)
    TALK – Tell me your positions.
    IDIOT – You failed to tell me your position and got yourself killed.
    DRAT – (Through no fault of my own) I’ve been sunk.
    V – My most common transmission.
You were once able to send “AHOY”, but this has no-doubt been V-chipped due to the inclusion of “AHO” insulting Japanese players.
You are also unable to say “JESUS”, which came as an annoying surprise when I tried speaking to one of my team-mates calling themselves “Jesus” (a Mexican, perhaps?)
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:15 pm

:D I just upgraded to a 3DS XL (and no I didn't want a New 3DS)

I got blue again :lol:
My DS, Lite, 3DS were all blue too

Now I have to re-download all of my games

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:18 pm

^I myself AM getting a new 3ds but mostly because monster hunter runs better on it + i really want xenoblade 3ds, but my struggles with buying one is one the fml thread :/
was going to be silver but now i have to get black.........

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:42 am

Getting my ass handed to me in SMTIV is not fun. :raincloud:
Last edited by Dataprime on Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:54 am

This is very relevant:

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:15 pm

They were sold out of New 3DS pre-orders, but they said they'll reserve back copies. I have one reserved for the second shipment.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:46 pm

I just got my New 3DS XL today and holy fucking shit.

This is amazing. The eye-tracking 3D is incredible, the system is large and comfortable, the web browser is really fast and supports up to 12 tabs. It's just so amazing.

The only downside is since my old 3DS broke in two, I had to call Nintendo customer support to get them to transfer it, and it'll take up to 7 business days. On the plus side, the customer support representative did confirm that once I log in with my NNID, I can just insert my old micro SD card and be good to go.

Ah well, I have plenty of DS games I can play, so I don't mind.

Cosmo11
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cosmo11 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:07 am

Did anyone get Majora's mask?

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:26 pm

View Original PostCosmo11 wrote:Did anyone get Majora's mask?

Yes, but i haven't played it yet.
/hj

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:25 am

^Thanks for sharing that informative post, my liege.

Turn-based strategy fans check out the “Code Name: S.T.E.A.M” demo.
I tried it out on a whim and initially wasn’t interested in the story, cutscenes, general aesthetic or anything else about it. After 10 minutes of play however- it became very addictive and fun. Then I saw the name of the developer: Intelligent Systems (Fire Emblem; Advance Wars)

This is one to watch.
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:24 am

I don't exactly play fire emblem for the game-play, i play it for the story and characters so if those are good in Code Name: S.T.E.A.M i might play it.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”