Currently playing 4: Guns of the Patriots

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:29 am

View Original PostFireball wrote:Tekken Tag 2 is pretty much the most balanced fighter you can have. The problem is that there is an exorbitant amount of moves and things to learn and consider that the lower base of players will struggle a lot with and there is little of information the game provides you to understand what you are doing wrong or what you should do in which situation. That's why you will see scrubs spam the same moves over and over again because it works when in truth it's actually fairly easy to deal with if you have reached a certain amount of skill and knowledge. Though to get to that point you will get your ass beat pretty horribly so I can understand where the rage is coming from. The game is very old-school in that regard.
Of course, today I spammed over and over the same move and I won about 10 matches in a row, because everyone does the same. Tekken has never been balanced and it's all about mashing and zero skill.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:49 am

I may suggest you Pong instead. It's balance should be more to your liking.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:58 am

Naw, I'd rather play Virtua Fighter, man.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:27 pm

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:I play fighting games too,and i was asking if Kata-chan knows any well balanced F-games. Sadly, they are rare, cause there is always at least one overpowered character/move in every fighting game. (Based on playing: Tekken, SF ect.)

Katana is not the best person to answer your questions. Seriously.

Kaiser
Embryo

Postby Kaiser » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:35 pm

Been playing a lot of SMT 4 lately, with some KoF XIII/2002UM to satisfy my fighting game cravings.

I'd recommend SMT 4 to anyone who enjoys oldschool JRPG's, and it's an obvious pick up for anyone who already plays SMT games.
Hindsight is perfect vision,
The path is easiest to see.

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:21 pm

Everyone knows Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is the most balance fighter ever! :whistle:

Ænimal
Banned

Postby Ænimal » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:00 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:Katana is not the best person to answer your questions. Seriously.

Da truf has been spokane

nervshatter wrote:Everyone knows Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is the most balance fighter ever! :Who, me?:

i personally prefer the first MvC; having more than two War Machine/Iron Man in your group is a tidge unfair imo ;)

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:27 pm

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:Everyone knows Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is the most balance fighter ever! :whistle:
sure, with Mag-fucking-gneto and Mango Sentinel spammers.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:11 am

Okey, has anyone played these underrated games?

Asura's wrath is basically an anime game with A LOT of QTE by Cyberconnect2. (Makers of Naruto games)

Vanquish is third person shooter that has amazing gameplay, but weak plot.

Saboteur is also shooter that takes place in the 40's.

Singlarity is time-travel/shooter game.

I'd like to hear opinions about these. (If you've played that is)I have Asura and Vanquish.

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:01 am

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:Okey, has anyone played these underrated games?

Singlarity is time-travel/shooter game.

Singularity was pretty damned good, it's like Bioshock but in a Soviet setting instead.

Ænimal
Banned

Postby Ænimal » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:24 pm

New Benchmark software for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn has been released today. Download it to create characters and see how well the game will run on your system. Fair warning, the file size is pretty hefty (~2.7 GB), so download times may vary.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:47 am

Grisaia no Kajitsu

June told me to play this because the character design is from the same guy who did the Character design for Bakemonogatari

uh yeah

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:35 am

T-the ride never ends IO, I-I know you'll continue for you have no choice in this matter! (Huff Huff) :sweatdrop:

ssguy
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ssguy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:58 am

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:Okey, has anyone played these underrated games?

Vanquish is third person shooter that has amazing gameplay, but weak plot.

Saboteur is also shooter that takes place in the 40's.

Vanquish doesn't focus on plot but it's a good one. Great characters. What really matters though is the third person shooting. Rocket knees all over the place.

Saboteur is like Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction set in the 40's, and with less destruction. There's a larger focus on stealth though. I'd say it's pretty good.

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:07 am

I played Vanquish and I can say that if you liked Bayonetta then this game won't be any worse.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:02 am

Been playing mostly fighters with my friends recently, namely Super Smash Bros. Melee andNaruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3. My friend just bought Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 after watching tons of EVO matches, and we started playing it tonight. It's fun, but there's just way too much happening on screen for my tastes, and way too much character-specific stuff to remember. And as always happens with these games, my friend's just going to keep improving faster than I do and I'll fall back into my rightful place as his sparring computer. :lol:
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:36 am

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:Been playing mostly fighters with my friends recently, namely Super Smash Bros. Melee
Smash Bros... a fighter? :rofl: Dunno if being sarcastic, but SSB is a party game, since even developers confirmed it.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:44 am

View Original PostKatana wrote:Smash Bros... a fighter? :rofl: Dunno if being sarcastic, but SSB is a party game, since even developers confirmed it.

It's a game in which you beat up other people, so I would consider it at least partly fighting.

In other news, I've started playing Warframe. So far it feels like Borderlands, except with different controls and a different game structure (as well as the fact that it's free-to-play).
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:47 am

View Original PostKatana wrote:Smash Bros... a fighter? :rofl: Dunno if being sarcastic, but SSB is a party game, since even developers confirmed it.

...Have you ever seen a professional SSBM match before? Brawl is way more of a party game, but Melee has quite a bit of depth once you get past casual play. It had a great showing at EVO this year; that has to count for something. Also:

Wikipedia wrote:Super Smash Bros. Melee, known in Japan as Dairantō Smash Brothers DX (大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズDX?, lit. "Great Melee Smash Brothers Deluxe"), often abbreviated as SSBM or simply as Melee, is a crossover fighting game released for the Nintendo GameCube shortly after its launch in 2001 (2002 in the PAL region).

So yeah, there's that.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:26 am

Nintendo Power, May 2008 issue.

But really, my vision of Smash Bros. is that it's a party game, really. You've got four people battling it out and you're really not sure who's winning or losing...
-Masahiro Sakurai (The creator of SSB)

Uhm, what did you say about Wikipedia?

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”