Currently playing 4: Guns of the Patriots

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:49 pm

Been playing the English patched version of Dangan Ronpa and man does it ever feel good to finally be playing it rather than just reading the LP. Now while I don't agree with a few translation choices they went with (replacing super high school level with super duper as a example) I really don't mind since they actually got a translation out and I'm able to enjoy it.
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:32 pm

View Original Postarkiel wrote:Been playing UnEpic. It's a pretty good Metroidvania game that lets you fuck goblin wenches.

Oh? I do love me some metroidvania. It looks rather clunky though from the screenshots. Is the action decently engaging or are you just flailing wildly?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Agentomega » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:03 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:I was playing Fate/Extra, but then I accidentally erased all of my progress and now I can't be bothered to grind for exp again.

I know that feel, it feels weird grinding for EXP the first time through XD

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Oooh, how far have you gotten? I think I've gotten pretty far subsisting on the money rock and selling stuff from the Island, but now I have to choose between building a second floor on my house or paying off the Reset Surveillance Centre so Resetti will pop out and yell at me whenever I forget to save, like he's supposed to.

Paid off my house on the second day. I'm currently in stage 2, paying off those loans XD. My first public works project is also the Reset Surveillance Center, though that's coming along hella slowly (since I'm focusing on the house more). Got three extra villagers to move in so far. The garden center should be complete tomorrow, and I think I'll also be getting the museum shop soon. I gotta say, my trip to the island really brought in some pretty samoleons, probably through the exotic fish.

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Maybe once the team working on the Half-Life mod is done they can get on with that. :devil: Seriously though, we should find a time for a good ol' fashioned EGF Realism Versus.

I concur wholeheartedly ˃:3
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:19 pm

Playing the patched Dangan Ronpa (read the LP before as well), and ohhh yesss is this game good.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:20 am

I'm thinking that I might get back into Command and Conquer, particularly Tiberian Sun as it's my favourite in the series. The only problem is that I'm rather inept at RTS, and while on Easy difficulty I can destroy the opponent, on Normal it normally ends in a sort of stalemate where we just end up cutting off access to each other's bases and hurling superweapons across the border and on Hard I tend to lose pretty quickly.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Ænimal
Banned

Postby Ænimal » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:25 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:I'm thinking that I might get back into Command and Conquer, particularly Tiberian Sun as it's my favourite in the series. The only problem is that I'm rather inept at RTS, and while on Easy difficulty I can destroy the opponent, on Normal it normally ends in a sort of stalemate where we just end up cutting off access to each other's bases and hurling superweapons across the border and on Hard I tend to lose pretty quickly.

strategy guides are your friend; Red Alert is my favorite entry in the series :D

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:03 am

Finished The Last of Us: That ending was amazing.

SPOILER: Show
You did the right thing Joel, you did the right thing.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

Postby Omegagouki » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:14 pm

Image Image
A victory in my participation in the FF5 Four Job Fiesta has been reached! After getting my ass handed to me at a level average of 33 about a week ago, a level average of 39 helped me be victorious. This was despite getting hit by Old on Lenna; and a bit later, Bartz thanks to Grand Cross... and the Grand Cross piece being the last alive after the fact! Thankfully Quick+Meteo+Meteo finished the piece off with just a minified Faris and an aging Bartz left standing.

All in all, I'm glad I got wind of this thing, it was super fun to do; the restrictions made it a unique experience for sure. When it rolls around next year, I do think I'll participate again.

Since NemZ was wondering about me recording anything, I decided to stream the last fight, the recording which can be found here. Actual content starts about 12 and a half minutes in, I wound up having to answer the call of nature and left it on so there's twelve+ minutes of nothing (well other than the last area theme, which is delicious). :facepalm: Ah well. :hahaha:
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:43 pm

How did you get white wind and big guard without a beastmaster?

Also, what's up with having Terrain twice? I mean I get that the challenge requires you to stick to just 4 classes, but you could still master all 4 with all four charecters, right?
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Dima » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:05 pm

Well it's this time of the year to start replaying Silent Hill 2!
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

Postby Omegagouki » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:19 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:How did you get white wind and big guard without a beastmaster?

Dancing Dirk shenanigans. Basically had to keep attacking until the confusion ability hit (confusion causes enemies to use the abilities in their control list).

Also, what's up with having Terrain twice? I mean I get that the challenge requires you to stick to just 4 classes, but you could still master all 4 with all four charecters, right?

For the heck of it. :lol: With Natural, your characters are assigned a class as an absolute. Oh, it confused me, too, at first, which is why everyone has the first blue mage ability. Thankfully that was the only oopsie.
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:13 pm

Huh, never considered that as an option. Clever.

Why did you switch to Comet instead of Meteo? And isn't aquarake actually better than aero3 as long as 2 or more targets are still alive?

I was also amused that even in a ridiculous challenge run in the end you still had a ton of elixirs you didn't need. LOLSQUARE. :lol:

ssguy
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ssguy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:28 pm

I played Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded. It's too rooted in the past, and needs to modernize. I know that sounds terrible, but it kept certain mechanics for no reason. For example, if you want to travel to a new location you need to pay a taxi. The only way to get money is to gamble a lot. So, you end up savescumming like hell. The only reason any of this was in the original was because it was possible to run out of money and lose, or waste so much time traveling that the time limit would get you. But there's always someone that comes to give you 10 bucks when you hit zero now, and there's no time limit. So instead I spend 40 minutes at the slot machine when I really, really don't need to.

The game is otherwise ok.

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:40 am

Playing ZoE 2 and it's so much better than the first, improved gamplay, anime cutscenes, and the protagonist not being an annoying kid.

Also ken-chan :heart:.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:58 am

View Original PostDima wrote:Well it's this time of the year to start replaying Silent Hill 2!
Yay! I recently replayed it, as well as SH3.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:03 am

Been trying to play through SRW MX Portable again, and I'm getting kind of tired of some of these absurd lose conditions, like "If even a single one of your units gets destroyed, you fail the mission!" :(

Though I did get a chuckle out of a Berserk Eva-01 eating a Dolem as a part of the plot.

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:Playing ZoE 2 and it's so much better than the first, improved gamplay, anime cutscenes, and the protagonist not being an annoying kid.

I really want to enjoy ZoE2, but I've tried playing it on the PS3 and the terrible framerate just killed it for me after ZoE1 ran so beautifully.

Well there's a patch coming for it at least.

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:11 am

View Original PostThe Killer of Heroes wrote:I really want to enjoy ZoE2, but I've tried playing it on the PS3 and the terrible framerate just killed it for me after ZoE1 ran so beautifully.

Well there's a patch coming for it at least.

Weird, it runs smoothly on 360...superior console? lol.

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:13 am

I think they just botched the port somehow.

Makes me wonder why KojiPro didn't just hire Blue Point again, since they've did a fantastic job on MGS HD Collection and the SotC/Ico ones.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:34 am

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:Also ken-chan :heart:.

Whoa. :gendo_kimura: I've beaten that game at least twice, and I didn't remember that she had such big ...

hair.

I mean tits.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:21 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Whoa. :gendo_kimura: I've beaten that game at least twice, and I didn't remember that she had such big ...

hair.

I mean tits.

First thing I noticed :lol:.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”