Xbox One

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Wed May 22, 2013 3:42 am

I'm just waiting for this all to blow over so I can buy myself a cheap Xbox 360 post release and catch up on two years of gaming.
Leave Shinji alone

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed May 22, 2013 5:50 am

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:Nintendo is pushing DRM? source for this madness?

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/11/how-nintendo-drm-trapped-400-of-downloaded-games-on-my-failing-wii/
This reminds me of Sony's fail with their MD's DRM, they never learn.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Rodeo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Rodeo » Wed May 22, 2013 9:08 am

Yeah, Nintendo is not the most progressive company. Don't forget that they're the only one who still region locking is the most funky thang ever. In fact, when Sony and Microsoft finally got around to kill that bullshit, Nintendo responded by expanding it to their traditionally region free handhelds.

I feel the massive internet backlash towards the Xbox One reveal is a bit ridiculous. Yeah, I was also annoyed by their focus on media features, but that's really a problem of showmanship, not the console itself. Is anyone doubting that the games will come?
The real problem is that people are expecting magic from the hardware when the truth is that this ain't the 90's no more, I think we more or less reached the point where your imagination sets the limit with the current generation consoles, if next generation games turn out hugely different it's not gonna be thanks to the hardware. If we look at it this way, Microsoft are pretty smart to focus less on games for the simple reason that there's not a whole lot they can do to contribute to this field.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Wed May 22, 2013 9:20 am

Xbox One?

Bah, call me when PS4 comes out.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

sprintstyle
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby sprintstyle » Wed May 22, 2013 9:27 am

The only thing i saw with the release yesterday where things that are for the American market and not gonna work in other countries
Its more like Microsoft want to compete with apple rather than with Sony and Nintendo.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed May 22, 2013 9:37 am

View Original PostFireball wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

At least it has a cool dog.

I can't wait to level up my Schäferhund to bling it up in DLC Flecktarn camo

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Wed May 22, 2013 10:53 am

Wait wait guys, but One has trigger feedback! Surely that's good enough to buy the One for, right, right?
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Wed May 22, 2013 11:53 am

I'll skip this one unless it turns out that i really want an exclusive game, which is almost inevitable.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

It can happen. BP

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Wed May 22, 2013 3:12 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:Lousy name is lousy.

Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One

I thought the idea of Xbox Infinity was way better.

I thought it was going to be Xbox 720. What happened to that? Not do well in market tests?

What's the next one going to be called, Xbox Two? Or will it be Xbox Four? Xbox Zero? Xbox Negative One? Xbox Irrational Number?

... Xbox^2.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Wed May 22, 2013 3:49 pm

View Original PostTribblepoo wrote:The two big publishers (EA and Activision) and Nintendo are pushing it.

EA apparently just dropped it.

Also, can we dub this thread "Video Game News"?

OT: This sums up XBOX1 pretty nicely.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Wed May 22, 2013 4:04 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:Lousy name is lousy.

I find the name ironic because one of the reasons for why the name Xbox 360 was chosen as opposed to Xbox 2 was because they didn't want their system to look like it was a step behind the PS3. Apparently now they don't mind looking three steps behind.

The other thing I don't like about the name is that it was already taken as something by which people referred to the original Xbox. Now I'll have to call that one "the original Xbox" or "the first Xbox" or some other long-winded name.

I was never that fond of the name Xbox 360 either, because it's just too many damn syllables. PS3, PS4, quick, simple, easy. Ecks box three six-ty? Too frickin' long! Even the short name, "three six-ty" takes as many syllables as PS3 yet somehow still manages to be more laborious and longer to say! :lol:

Stryker wrote: Also, can we dub this thread "Video Game News"?

Not a bad idea, although I was considering expanding it all the way to a general discussion of the next-gen consoles because it seems inevitable that talking about one would bring up the others. If I change it to anything I'd rather it be that (the next-gen consoles in general).
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Wed May 22, 2013 4:08 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:The other thing I don't like about the name is that it was already taken as something by which people referred to the original Xbox. Now I'll have to call that one "the original Xbox" or "the first Xbox" or some other long-winded name.

How about just the "XBOX"? And then the XBOX360 is just "three-six"?
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed May 22, 2013 4:16 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:I was never that fond of the name Xbox 360 either, because it's just too many damn syllables. PS3, PS4, quick, simple, easy. Ecks box three six-ty? Too frickin' long! Even the short name, "three six-ty" takes as many syllables as PS3 yet somehow still manages to be more laborious and longer to say! :lol:

Everybody I know just calls it the 360, that's three syllables.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Wed May 22, 2013 4:18 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:Everybody I know just calls it the 360, that's three syllables.

Yep, same. Rolls right off the tongue, too.

From the guys who brought the PS4 abridged video: Xbox One Announcement - Abridged Version
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Wed May 22, 2013 4:27 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:Everybody I know just calls it the 360, that's three syllables.

I addressed that.
CJD wrote: Yep, same. Rolls right off the tongue, too.

:ehh: No it doesn't. The "kst" part? Lots of people have trouble with that set of phonemes.

Oh, nevermind, opinions.

So how bout that controller? Anyone else think that D-pad looks mighty improved?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Wed May 22, 2013 4:44 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:So how bout that controller? Anyone else think that D-pad looks mighty improved?

I noticed they added some nubbity-bits on the analogue sticks... But that's not the D-pad :lol:
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed May 22, 2013 4:47 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:you heard the man

dear mods, if you really have some uncontrollable urge to delete image replies whatsoever for obscure reasons don't leave the job half-done with now inexplicable phrases sticking out from my post (as the referent is gone)

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:23 am

Apparently Microsoft's stocks went down and Sony's went up after the XBox One reveal. I know the fluctuations are only ~1 point, but they happened.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu May 23, 2013 7:34 am

I don't know what everyone here's complaining about. Microsoft just said that I'll be able to enjoy Halo without having to play a crumby new Xbox One, so I'm happy! ^_^

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Thu May 23, 2013 7:58 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Microsoft just said that I'll be able to enjoy Halo without having to play a crumby new Xbox One, so I'm happy! ^_^

Halo died when Bungie departed and Nylund was replaced with Traviss.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”